Westbrook

Goober

Yankees manager Joe Torre, who Westbrook played for before being acquired by the Indians, made the decision Saturday.

I found this quote interesting. I laso ooked up his stats and he did play for the Yankees in 2000. hmmm. Granted it was only three appearnces, but I think it is obvious that Joe Torre is picking players he personally likes rather then on performance.

How's a 3.21 ERA in 14 starts sound? I don't know about you, but that's damn good. And, oh wait, that would be the best on our staff. Quit b****ing about no names getting on the all-star team. Westbrook is having a great year, period.

How's a 3.21 ERA in 14 starts sound? I don't know about you, but that's damn good. And, oh wait, that would be the best on our staff. Quit b****ing about no names getting on the all-star team. Westbrook is having a great year, period.

Fine, but are 5 of their players having better years than all of our players? I don't think so. No one is blaming Westbrook, good for him. It's just that we got screwed big time, and it's BS.

Fine, but are 5 of their players having better years than all of our players? I don't think so. No one is blaming Westbrook, good for him. It's just that we got screwed big time, and it's BS.

Belliard has better numbers than Uribe. Check.

Sabathia and Westbrook are having deserving years. Check.

Victor Martinez is having a better year than our catchers, Miguel Olivo included. Check.

Matt Lawton is having an awesome year, better than any of our outfielders. Check.

If Travis Hafner got in instead of Frank or Konerko I'd be pissed. The Indians that are in somehow deserve it. I know it seems weird that the 3rd place team has more than twice as many players in the AS game than the two teams ahead of them in the standings combined.

However, I do think Shingo deserves it over Tom Gordon and Frank and/or Konerko belong. Buehrle is having a better year than Loaiza too. But my beef is not with the Indians guys that are in.

johan santana??...7-5 3.80 and 125k's in 115 IP

buehrle is 8-2 4.14 era and has thrown 119 IP

just seems like over the years when it comes down to a sox player being a marginal all star vrs a similiar player from another team , you can pretty much bet joe wont be taking the sox player...maybe thats just a wrong perception on our part though..

Belliard has better numbers than Uribe. Check.

Sabathia and Westbrook are having deserving years. Check.

Victor Martinez is having a better year than our catchers, Miguel Olivo included. Check.

Matt Lawton is having an awesome year, better than any of our outfielders. Check.

Finally, someone with some common sense.

When selections were made (which was before Lee hit a homer in Wrigley and went on a big streak), Lawton blew him away - hit better, ran better, defended at least as well.

Sabathia and Westbrook are better than Buerhle and Loaiza this year, Loaiza especially.

Uribe was beter than Belliard until a month ago. Then he turned horrible and Belliard held his own.

Victor Martinez. No explantion needed.

When selections were made, Shingo hadn't yet blown up against the Cubs, and was having a flawless season. The problem here is that Gordon pitched almost 20 innings more than Shingo has. It's Kenny's fault - if he had stopped forcing Koch down Ozzie' throat, then Shingo would have pitched 8-10 more innings, with a handful more saves. That probably would have put him over the top. Oh well.

My beef isn't with Westbrook persay, he is doing well. I just have a problem with the Indians getting that many guys. Their guys are having some decent years, but for them to have 5 guys with none of them being elected, that's pretty ridiculous. I will credit Torre for taking Martinez over Posada, and Sabathia and Westbrook have pitched pretty well, but Lawton and Belliard don't really wow me. I'd have rather seen Jose Guillen than Lawton, and Belliard doesn't impress me a whole lot, although I will admit this is a weak group of secondbasemen. Uribe's numbers are pretty similar, except Uribe has several more homers and stolen bases, Belliard has a better average and more walks. Plus, I gotta believe these stats were closer a couple of weeks ago when the voting happened. I think it's a joke that we didn't get Konerko or Thomas in, and despite his record Garcia should have made it. Would have been easier if Giambi hadn't been voted in, and if they got rid of that every team must have a player rule Lilly and Harvey would be gone. By the way, doesn't the AL need a replacement for Beltran?

nope.  Harvey pretty much took his spot since every team needs 1 player, which basically led to neither Frank nor Paulie making the team.

But do they have a full roster of players now? Because Beltran was listed on the AL roster? I didn't really count.

Nevermind, just counted. They got their full 32.