Cell Traffic Management

ManSooLee

I drove to the game and the parking lot management was terrible I was stuck in the lot for 20 minutes. :puke

I made a parking thread a few months back, :lol:

Lot E/F is the best. Stay away from lots a/b/c.

nah......i went to a sox/cubs game there a few weeks back.  SOLD OUT.  We were out of the lot in a minute or two, on the ryan maybe 10 minutes later.

Agreed.... If you know what you're doing, you shouldn't ever really get stuck....

I've been to multiple "Cell" outs and I've never had to wait long at all to get back on the Highway.... Though the one time I might have a problem, I just drove west to Halsted, and North to a friends place.

I drove to the game and the parking lot management was terrible I was stuck in the lot for 20 minutes. :puke

20 minutes??? I can't recall going to a heavily attended sporting event where you could get out of a parking lot any quicker than that....... That's what happens when 30,000+ attend a game, my man......

Tip for the future..... go to the bar for a beer or three after the game..... the traffic will be plenty cleared by that point. ;)

sox parking is about as good as it ever gets, anywhere.

they do a good job. 37,000 people on Saturday means it will take time getting in. Get off at Pershing and not 35th, It is faster. Better yet, park and ride the CTA. From the north, usually park at Rosemont or Cumberland. Not sure from the south or west but you can park and ride a lot faster than driving many times, especially with big games.

Now you know why regulars often joke about how great crowds of 12,000 are! :lol:

20 minutes???    I can't recall going to a heavily attended sporting event where you could get out of a parking lot any quicker than that.......    That's what happens when 30,000+ attend a game, my man.....

good catch - I was going to comment on that and missed it - 20 minutes!!!!!!! may that be the longest wait of anyone's life! :lol:

i agree, 20 minutes isn't THAT bad.

i remember earlier this season, when the sox played the yanks, i was stuck in Lot b for about an hour.....that's when i made the thread asking for advice, :lol:

sox parking is about as good as it ever gets, anywhere.

they do a good job.  37,000 people on Saturday means it will take time getting in.  Get off at Pershing and not 35th,  It is faster.  Better yet, park and ride the CTA.  From the north, usually park at Rosemont or Cumberland.  Not sure from the south or west but you can park and ride a lot faster than driving many times, especially with big games.

Now you know why regulars often joke about how great crowds of 12,000 are!  :lol:

The Police do a great job of getting traffic out of Ann Arbor after Michigan games. It's the best I've seen.

i agree, 20 minutes isn't THAT bad.

i remember earlier this season, when the sox played the yanks, i was stuck in Lot b for about an hour.....that's when i made the thread asking for advice, :lol:

I think it was cwsox who mentioned it in your parking thread(not sure though) about the church parking. Well I tried the church parking and it's easily the best way to go imo, you get out of there so quick and are right next to the ryan.

I think it was cwsox who mentioned it in your parking thread(not sure though) about the church parking.  Well I tried the church parking and it's easily the best way to go imo, you get out of there so quick and are right next to the ryan.

I've always been tempted to try that church parking, but usually make the turn on 33rd and go into the sox lots......I'm always afraid I'll get cornered into that lot or something, :lol:

I've always been tempted to try that church parking, but usually make the turn on 33rd and go into the sox lots......I'm always afraid I'll get cornered into that lot or something,  :lol:

Church parking is PRIMO. You won't find anything better. It's always full by the time I get there, but when I do, I salavate.

Lot F + west Pershing Ave = home in a FLASH!!

:headbang

Anyway, a few extra minutes in the parking lot is a SMALL price to pay for the increased attendance and the GREAT feeling it brings to the event!!!!

Big crowds + White Sox Winner = Excitement!!!

and the Bullpen Bar "beer or three" is a NICE idea too....as long as the drinker isn't the driver, that is.... ;) Safety First, Kids!!!

The Police do a great job of getting traffic out of Ann Arbor after Michigan games.  It's the best I've seen.

I agree - although I never leave after a game - I stay for the band show and then meander to my car so I miss the immediate post game exodus

Oh my, ain't that the truth.

No way, lot A is by far the best. You are out onto the Ryan in one stop light cycle. It owns any other lot.

And BTW just for perspective. i was up in Milwaukee for a game last week. They have all of their traffic leave through 2 points and it took way over an hour just to get out of the parking lot. It was worse than the playoffs or cubs/sox games by FAR!

No way, lot A is by far the best.  You are out onto the Ryan in one stop light cycle.  It owns any other lot. 

And BTW just for perspective.  i was up in Milwaukee for a game last week.  They have all of their traffic leave through 2 points and it took way over an hour just to get out of the parking lot.  It was worse than the playoffs or cubs/sox games by FAR!

Lot A isn't always open though...hell, it's usually never open when i get there.

Compared to the rest of the stadiums/arenas in Chicago the Cell is not really that bad.

Soldier Field- Horrible, you either get there early or you are shuttle bussing from McCormick or Grant Park

AllState Arena- Probably the biggest problem. There are roughly 1000 cops when you come in and about 2 when everybody leaves. There's no real good way to get back on the highway, luckily I live in Villa Park so Manheim is a real alternative for me.

United Center- Close to the Allstate nightmare. There's no direction in the parking lot, people are going everywhere and trapped in by other cars.

Wrigley- You would have to be high to park anywhere near that place during a game