7/15 games

MnSoxFan

Schnur is really coming on strong.  His wrist is feeling great and he's taking a few more pitches now which is really getting him in a position to rip fastballs and what not.

Hell ya, he has been! :headbang He's raised his BA like 30 points in just over the last month or so. I love Schnur; he's always been one of my favorite prospects since we drafted him. I was listening to the draft online when we drafted him, and my brother and I thought he had a cool last name, so we immediately both liked him.

Knights won 11-7. Big offensive explosion. 3-5 for Valdez who continues to rake (he isn't a bag of balls). 2-5 and a HR for Nelson. 2-4 and a walk for Taylor who is batting .394. Aaron McNeal 4-5 with 2 HRs. 2 hits for Hankins and Aceves. Grilli rocked. Box Score

Bristol lost 9-2. Novoa left the game after 1.1 innings, he walked 4. :o Box

:P Las Vegas is a hotbed for Sox baseball. Hankins (UNLV) was 2 for 5 tonight and is batting .296 for the season. Schnur (Basic HS) is hitting .411 in the 14 games since his all-star break. And then add Frank and Aaron Rowand live here as well in the off-season!

Barons won 4-0. Spidale went 2-4 with a HR. Anderson went 2-4. Phillips with a great start, the 'other' Josh Fields and Brian McNichol sealed the shutout. Box

Great Falls lost 8-2. Not much to note offensively, only 5 hits as a team. Ferny Alvarez went 2-4 w/a HR. Box Score

Spidale's double would have been a HR in most parks. Deep fly balls die in between the gaps at the Hoover Met this time of year..... Andy Gonzalez also had a deep drive (with the bases loaded, I might add) that the CF was able to run down just before the warning track in deep CF. That is either a HR or off the wall in most parks.

Holy crap, it's a Rylan Reed sighting!

Man, this guy should just give it up. He's way too old for rookie league, and so far he's not really doing too well.

Oh, and congrats to A-Gon on the call-up to AA even if it was b/c Reyes got injured. :cheers Hopefully, he tear it up and they won't have to send him down when Reyes is healthy. :headbang

Knights won 11-7. Big offensive explosion. 3-5 for Valdez who continues to rake (he isn't a bag of balls). 2-5 and a HR for Nelson. 2-4 and a walk for Taylor who is batting .394. Aaron McNeal 4-5 with 2 HRs. 2 hits for Hankins and Aceves. Grilli rocked. Box Score

Bristol lost 9-2. Novoa left the game after 1.1 innings, he walked 4. :o Box

Damn, with the way Valdez, Taylor and Hankins are hitting, and our struggles at the plate right now, particularly at catcher and someone to fill the third OF spot, one of the those guys could get a chance soon. Taylor has limited MLB experience already right?