MB

Soxfest

Guest hotsoxchick1
Trade MB, I think the time is coming fast. Trade LEE and MB for Morris and Pujols

Shut the f*** up. trade MB that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard on this board.(not counting what i say)

Not only that, but STL would laugh there ass off at that deal...

laugh their asses off.. no they would be first in line to get mark.......then when they had him they would laugh their asses off........all the way to the world series im sure......... :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade MB, I think the time is coming fast. Trade LEE and MB for Morris and Pujols

Shut the f*** up. trade MB that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard on this board.(not counting what i say)

Not only that, but STL would laugh there ass off at that deal...

laugh their asses off.. no they would be first in line to get mark.......then when they had him they would laugh their asses off........all the way to the world series im sure......... :D

I must be the only one that sees that as a very fair deal. Pujols is a stud while Morris is an awesome pitcher as well. I'd definately miss Buerhle, but if we were too lose him this would be an amazing deal for the Sox, actually I'd probably do it right now. I love Buerhle though and hope he's pitching with the Sox a long long time.

I like on the previous few post , how I am getting ripped and told that is the stupidest post EVER on suggesting Lee and MB for Morris and Pujols. Sox would get better end of that one. Lets examine it more closely MB 24 years old, 19-12 3.58 ERA, Morris

28 years old, 17-9 3.43 ERA both threw over 200 innings. I call those 2 a WASH. Lee 26 years old, 26HR - 80RBI - .256 AVG, Pujols 23 years old, 34 HR - 127RBI - .314 AVG, HE BLOWS LEE OUT OF THE WATER. I see where some previous post say STL would laugh , laugh at what, they would be getting f***ED big time. Lets take you-re personal lovefest feelings for MB out of the way. Chisoxfan I am glad you would at least look at it. Soxfan420

only thing stupid is the blinders you are wearing, look at the FACTS not bulls*** Sox biases, overating Sox players just because they play for us. :angry:

I like on the previous few post , how I am getting ripped and told that is the stupidest post EVER on suggesting Lee and MB for Morris and Pujols. Sox would get better end of that one. Lets examine it more closely MB 24 years old, 19-12 3.58 ERA, Morris

28 years old, 17-9 3.43 ERA both threw over 200 innings. I call those 2 a WASH. Lee 26 years old, 26HR - 80RBI - .256 AVG, Pujols 23 years old, 34 HR - 127RBI - .314 AVG, HE BLOWS LEE OUT OF THE WATER. I see where some previous post  say STL would laugh , laugh at what, they would be getting f***ED big time. Lets take you-re personal lovefest feelings for MB out of the way. Chisoxfan I am glad you would at least look at it. Soxfan420

only thing stupid is the blinders you are wearing, look at the FACTS not bulls*** Sox biases, overating Sox players just because they play for us. :angry:

st louis would never do that deal....lee is on the verge of becoming a free agent and they still have pujhols for like 3 more years before he gets major bucks through free agency..plus he is a huge fan favorite....it would take maggs and buehrle to get pujhols and morris and no way i do that deal...

but if you could swing carlos lee for luis pujhols !!!..lol

Reading this thread has been interesting. First, there is no way I'd trade MB just because he wouldn't sign the deal offered by the Sox. Hell, we still have him for 4 years, and MB is, as he proved last year, a professional. He'll do his job to the best of his ability, which is quite a bit of ability.

The Sox had to be in the ballpark, because Mark said that for a minute he thought they were going to get a deal done. I'm not sure blame needs to thrown in any direction here. They just didn't agree on a contract.

The Sun Times' Slezak and the Daily Harold's Rozner both wrote columns this morning taking potshots at MB. If there is another side to this story, Mark better get it publicized, or he's gonna be taking some serious hits in the media.

If we offered Buehrle for Pujols, they'd be crazy as hell to turn it down. I really couldn't give a rat's ass to how much the fans love Pujols and blah blah blah....the point of the matter is is that that would be a great move for them. Right now, they are probably in the top 2 for offenses in the NL, but lack good starting pitching, especially left-handed starting pitching. Their best starter is Morris, Williams is pretty solid, but after that...they have like Tomko, Stephenson, Hermanson, Eldred, and Carpenter come July or August. The best pitcher of that bunch is Tomko, and he really is not that good either. If they added Buehrle....they would probably win it all with a top 3 1-2-3 combo in the NL and one of the better offenses(because you can replace a left-fielder rather easily....they could sign Quinn, who the Royals released today, and use a platoon of Marrero, Perez and Quinn in LF....I'm sure that trio would probably combine for about 20-30 homers and 70-100 RBIs...that's only like 5-10 homers a piece and 25-35 RBIs a piece). Their salaries are pretty much equal too.

The team that would turn down the trade would be us....not the Cards. We have Lee in LF(who is going to have a breakout season this year), Crede at 3B, who's better defensively than Pujols, Konerko at 1B, who's better defensively, Maggs in RF, who's better offensively and possibly defensively, and Thomas as DH....we have no room for Pujols and no need for Pujols.

The Cards may like Pujols a hell of a lot....but them turning down Pujols for Buehrle would be like us turning down Ordonez for Zito or something like that....I would trade Maggs for Zito in a second(assuming the salaries were about equal)