Sirotka

KipWellsFan

Guest hotsoxchick1
I don't know if any of you knew this but Sirotka is with the Cubs this spring as a non-roster invitee.

they actually gave him a minor league contract .. i believe it was around december...................you can look it up though.... they paid him pretty well too as i recall.............takin a great chance on someone who hasnt pitched in almost 2 years huh............

they actually gave him a minor league contract .. i believe it was around december...................you can look it up though.... they paid him pretty well too as i recall.............takin a great chance on someone who hasnt pitched in almost 2 years huh............

Paid him pretty well? Must only get paid that money if he makes the major league team -- and they won't let him make it unless he does great. And like the previous person said, he hasn't pitched an inning yet, so there's not much chance of that happening.

:fyou injuries

He had the shot to make good money if he made the roster, but pretty much all of the contract was incentives. I think they will lose like 50 k or so.

I wish him the best as he was nothing but good and classy while here, but I really have believed he is done. Its sad he had to have such a severe arm injury and he just hasn't ever been able to come back from it, and I don't really think he ever will. Its already been like 2 years, maybe 3 since his operation.

He had the shot to make good money if he made the roster, but pretty much all of the contract was incentives.  I think they will lose like 50 k or so. 

I wish him the best as he was nothing but good and classy while here, but I really have believed he is done.  Its sad he had to have such a severe arm injury and he just hasn't ever been able to come back from it, and I don't really think he ever will.  Its already been like 2 years, maybe 3 since his operation.

Well, he pitched for us in the 2000 playoffs, I think, and then we traded him in the off-season for David Wells. So, he hasn't pitched since October of 2000. That's almost 2 1/2 years.

And yes, I agree that he appears to be done. That's really too bad.

ill give sirotka another before id say he is done for sure...look at jose rijo..anything can happen but it doesnt look good for mike...still pisses me off when kenny would make fun of sirotka and called it shouldergate...if sirotka ever sees williams again he should do a "preemtive strike" on his dumb ass :bringit

ill give sirotka another before id say he is done for sure...look at jose rijo..anything can happen but it doesnt look good for mike...still pisses me off when kenny would make fun of sirotka and called it shouldergate...if sirotka ever sees williams again he should do a "preemtive strike" on his dumb ass :bringit

I don't think Williams was making fun of his injury. I just think he was trying to bring some humor to that bad situation, because I think many people thought he had knowledge of the injury when Sirotka was traded.

Is that why he was pissed off at the Sox?  Right after we traded him to Toronto, he was making statements about coming back to Chicago --------- as a Cub, when his contract expired.  This was before his shulder was diagnosed.

While I liked Mike Sirotka when he pitched for the Sox, after he was traded for D Wells..... a D Wells that was, up to that point in 2001, superior to Mike Sirotka..... he talked about himself like he was Cy Young. I remember him saying something to the effect of ".....I don't know what they're thinking." While all on this board knows how the trade panned out, not many on here can truthfully say they weren't thrilled when they first heard about it. Same with Butter. Butter was much worse though. I remember a real whiny piece where Butter was interviewed by the Sun-Times last season and Butter took this "Whoa Is Me" approach to the interview. A week or two later, he finally gets the call-up that he whined about a few weeks earlier in the Sun-Times interview and proceeds to get owned by Mike "I didn't hit my weight afterwards" Cameron.

Is that why he was pissed off at the Sox?  Right after we traded him to Toronto, he was making statements about coming back to Chicago --------- as a Cub, when his contract expired.  This was before his shulder was diagnosed.

While I liked Mike Sirotka when he pitched for the Sox, after he was traded for D Wells..... a D Wells that was, up to that point in 2001, superior to Mike Sirotka..... he talked about himself like he was Cy Young. I remember him saying something to the effect of ".....I don't know what they're thinking." While all on this board knows how the trade panned out, not many on here can truthfully say they weren't thrilled when they first heard about it. Same with Butter. Butter was much worse though. I remember a real whiny piece where Butter was interviewed by the Sun-Times last season and Butter took this "Whoa Is Me" approach to the interview. A week or two later, he finally gets the call-up that he whined about a few weeks earlier in the Sun-Times interview and proceeds to get owned by Mike "I didn't hit my weight afterwards" Cameron.

ast that point in their careers before both got injured i think siro was the better..definately a better upside...wells wo 20 games in '00 but he won 5 after the break andf had a 2nd half era of 5...thats what scared me off of wells...that whole situation was a disaster though..for everyone

Guest hotsoxchick1

Paid him pretty well? Must only get paid that money if he makes the major league team -- and they won't let him make it unless he does great. And like the previous person said, he hasn't pitched an inning yet, so there's not much chance of that happening.

:fyou injuries

umm yeah they paid him pretty well.. for someone who hasnt pitched in over 2 years any amount of cash is a good amount of money............hell the contract offer for the minors alone should have made him happy enough that someone still wanted to take a chance...........

They've been taking things very slow with Siro. And he wants it that way. He knows if it blows out this time around, he's done. He is supposed to pitch in a simulated game later this week. Sirotka pitched some good ball for us and really was a solid competitor. I wish him well, but hope we bomb his ass if he pitches against us.