Foreign Exchange Students

Heads22

Apparently our schools getting one from Brazill...what have been experiences you guys have had. Our school is like 450. Our school diversity probably falls into 20 latinos/hispanics, 3 black, 2 asian and 425 white.

He's from Brazil and plays soccer (which our school doesn't offer and basketball....

This is like a big thing in our school all of a sudden.

I've got 4 foreign exchange students in one of my classes this semester (3 British and 1 Scottish) and last year there were two Aussies in a class. It's a lot of fun. They bring a lot of insight but they are (especially this year in the class I have - Crises of Political Tolerance) very concerned about saying critical things about the US at all.

They're usually a helluva lot of fun.

My Junior year we had a fellow, Art Devalle from Brasil, we were teamates on the golf team. LMAO thinking about this. We were on our way to the Sectional tournament in October and it was freakin' cold out. Art casually mentions he has some brandy to keep himself warm.

{brakes slamming, shock and awe, followed by laughing}

Art pulls out his little bottle of brandy and asks if anyone else wants a sip!!

Great memories.

How many of you said yes? :lol:

Not with the coach looking on.

Honestly we were stunned then laughing. Art had no idea this was against any sort of rules. Good thing he pulled it out on the bus going to the course. Man it sucked that year. We were playing the course on Rand Road in Barrington, Thunderbird I believe and the round was delayed while snow/sleet melted. My hands were frozen by the turn. I thought golf in the fall was the stupidist idea ever.

Not with the coach looking on.

Honestly we were stunned then laughing. Art had no idea this was against any sort of rules. Good thing he pulled it out on the bus going to the course. Man it sucked that year. We were playing the course on Rand Road in Barrington, Thunderbird I believe and the round was delayed while snow/sleet melted. My hands were frozen by the turn. I thought golf in the fall was the stupidist idea ever.

Ohhh I thought that one of the golf kids was driving members there and you didn't use the buses.

Haha, that's a pretty funny experiance.

Next February my Boy Scouts will be getting a taste of being a foreign exchange student. They will be travelling to Monterrey, Mexico and be hosted by different families for the weekend while attending a huge Scouting event. I am nervous about it but excited all at once.

Hey I could very well be a foreign exchange student over there this time next year, depending on how things work out. Down here at uni, there a A LOT of foreign exchange students who are doing the same Business course as me. Most of them are from Asia, while some are from African nations like South Africa and Zimbabwe.

Apparently our schools getting one from Brazill...what have been experiences you guys have had. Our school is like 450. Our school diversity probably falls into 20 latinos/hispanics, 3 black, 2 asian and 425 white.

He's from Brazil and plays soccer (which our school doesn't offer and basketball....

This is like a big thing in our school all of a sudden.

To be honest, I wouldn't even know if my high school had an exchange student. Our graduating class was more then 1000 students, so between the four grades we had 4500 students or so.