Joe Crede sucks ass

The Critic

Now that the whole of Soxtalk is officially on the Joe Crede Sucks Bandwagon, I'm going to say right here.... Joe Crede will be a valuable member of the Sox for the next 5 years if they decide to keep him.

I honestly don't know where that optimism comes from.

He has gotten worse at the plate this year - he didn't even have that hot half-year that keeps everyone hopeful about him.

He hasn't gotten too many clutch hits, and the majority of the few he HAS gotten were early in the year.

Now he's losing focus on defense, which was the only reason to play him if his bat sucks.

I see serious regression and I'm not sold on the idea of his turning it back around anymore. I really hope you're right - if the Sox are keeping him around, I'd like him to produce while he's here.

I honestly don't know where that optimism comes from.

He has gotten worse at the plate this year - he didn't even have that hot half-year that keeps everyone hopeful about him.

He hasn't gotten too many clutch hits, and the majority of the few he HAS gotten were early in the year.

Now he's losing focus on defense, which was the only reason to play him if his bat sucks.

I see serious regression and I'm not sold on the idea of his turning it back around anymore. I really hope you're right - if the Sox are keeping him around, I'd like him to produce while he's here.

Let's just say that I was one of the few around here that believed Aaron Rowand would turn into a solid ML ballplayer. There was a whole lot of Rowand bashing similar to the Crede bashing that's going on now. I may be wrong. I'm no expert. I see "something" in Crede that makes me believe he will be a ballplayer. I can't put my finger on it or tell you what it is, but I think it's there.

I'm sticking to my theory that there's something about Crede that everyone in the Sox organization saw, and knew it would prohibit him from being a good everyday player. Again, I base this theory on the fact that in 2001 and 2002, even though the Sox had nothing resembling an everyday 3B, and that Crede had been touted as the next Ventura for years, the Sox never gave him much of a chance. He was called up late in the season both years, and in both years, even after he was called up, still was not played everyday.

If you have a highly-touted prospect in AAA, your team is out of the race, and you have no good option at 3B, why not let him play everyday and let him take his knocks?

The fact remains is that Joe Crede has been an effective major league third basemen before.

When he first came up he was nothing like he is right now. The fact is that he has regressed badly. I don't know if laziness is to blame. I don't know what it is.

The fact is that I think with a good kick in the butt I think that he can turn it around.

The fact remains is that Joe Crede has been an effective major league third basemen before.

When he first came up he was nothing like he is right now. The fact is that he has regressed badly. I don't know if laziness is to blame. I don't know what it is.

The fact is that I think with a good kick in the butt I think that he can turn it around.

He has no heart. It's like he doesn't give a s***...I guess he is lazy. He needs to get woke up somehow..

Let's just say that I was one of the few around here that believed Aaron Rowand would turn into a solid ML ballplayer.  There was a whole lot of Rowand bashing similar to the Crede bashing that's going on now.  I may be wrong.  I'm no expert.  I see "something" in Crede that makes me believe he will be a ballplayer.  I can't put my finger on it or tell you what it is, but I think it's there.

The last couple years, Crede's had a lot more confidence from the Sox than Rowand. Even during his struggles he's been out there as our starting 3b. Meanwhile they displace Rowand with a terrible fielder (Everett) just as he's starting to hit well. I thought, or maybe hoped, Crede would be a very good player -- until this year. When a player doesn't produce with 2 years of consistent play, I think it's probably time for a change, especially when he's your weakest regular.