It's starting

Wise Master Buehrle

Now that the Red Sox "curse" is out of the way, the only two recognized teams that have not won anything in forever is the Cubs and White Sox. Already, two ESPN articles about our "curse". We can't become whiny losers like the Cubs and Red Sox fans though.. we can be different fans then them.

I'm expecting a lot of publicity for our "curse" that literally didn't even exist until last night.

I can't take this. I was happy to see Boston win beacause I thought this stuff would fade away. But they're talking about us on SportsCenter now. I don't like this. We're not cursed....we were run by idiots. There is no such thing as a curse. For people or individuals. The reason I haven't succeeded in life like my parents hoped is not because I'm cursed, it's because I have no initiative or intelligence.

I'm going to take the other side of the argument on this, much like red suggested.

Our fan base for the casual fan is non-existent(as evidence by our attendance). The Cubs and Red Sox casual fan bases are among the best in the majors(as evidence by their attendance).

So, if us becoming a "cursed" team attracts the casual fan, retains the die-hard fan, and gives us more positive publicity, WHO GIVES A s***?

I find it completely ironic that many people on here complain about ESPN talking about the east coast teams and the Cubs and such other teams and not talking about us, yet cannot see good reasoning behind becoming a "cursed" team.

We are not cursed...there is no such thing as curses. It is just continual choking and getting bad bounces throughout your history. But, I ask again, if a curse brings on the casual fan, who cares?

I hate casual fans.  I hate everything about them...after working at Wrigley for a summer, you learn to hate them.  Its the casual fans that make the Red Sox, the Red Sox, and the Cubs, the cute, little organization with their 80 year old ladies and their cell phones.

Casual fans = $$$

Liking them is not the issue. Money is. Casual fans bring in money.

Casual fans = $$$

Liking them is not the issue.  Money is. Casual fans bring in money.

Casual Fans bring in money? GET OUT!!!

And why do people hate the Red Sox....and hate the Cubbies? BECAUSE OF THE CASUAL FANS BRINGING IN THAT MONEY...

....................at least I do.

Casual Fans bring in money?  GET OUT!!!

And why do people hate the Red Sox....and hate the Cubbies?  BECAUSE OF THE CASUAL FANS BRINGING IN THAT MONEY...

....................at least I do.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't like the casual fan either.

However, you can't win without money nowadays, unless you get hotter then hell(like the Angels did in 02 and the Marlins did in 03), and in order to do that, you have to have a good core of players to build around.

Here's the thing...

there's 30 teams in baseball. If all championships were distibuted evenly, each team would win one every 30 years... 2 every 60. A team could go 58 years without winning and not even be at all outside the norm. (win 1 year, have every other team win twice, and win again in the 60th)

90 years is about as early as you can start complaining... We've got a few more left ;)

Here's the thing...

there's 30 teams in baseball.  If all championships were distibuted evenly, each team would win one every 30 years... 2 every 60.  A team could go 58 years without winning and not even be at all outside the norm.  (win 1 year, have every other team win twice, and win again in the 60th)

90 years is about as early as you can start complaining... We've got a few more left ;)

Ehh :huh: :unsure:

:bang

Ours may last a while.

Baseball isn't going to change it's haves and haves not

system.

It's easy to see why the Sox curse died.

They paid for a title.

Until Sox pay, we ain't gonna win anything meaningful.

See the Twins, praised for playing the game right and

all that and getting steamrolled by the big buck teams

every postseason.

The Cubs, however, have a chance if they keep spending

100 or more mill a year.