All-Big 10 Teams and Awards

Tate is going to be a good one.  Only a sophmore, the Hawkeyes get two more years of him :)

Agreed. Hopefully he can bulk up a little. I haven't watched a ton of Iowa this year, but he looks like he could use a few pounds.

Speaking of Sophomore QBs, Purdue's Brandon Kirsch got arrested for public intoxication early Sunday morning. For those scoring at home, that's 1 PI, 1 Minor Consumtion and 1 Frat Fight. This is the kid who has been Tiller's highest ranked recruit coming out of HS.

The way their Fresh. QB Carpenter has been improving, Kirsch better be on his game come spring practice.

What a load of crap: no first team and 4 second team for NU, and Ward doesn't even get honorable mention. Strief and McGarigle should have been locks for first team.

Nevermind on part of that, didn't look at the media first time. McGarigle deserved that first team. I still think Ward should have gotten at least a second team.

Orton, What a joke.  In the most important 3 games he played this season (54 of 108 for 591yards 3TD 3INT) all losses. He made his numbers look good by running up the score against inferior opponents(6TD's, Throwing 54passes for 522 yards in three quarters while up 40 points)

He's like the college version of Peyton Manning.

Let's not forget that while Orton was struggling, he was hampered by a hip problem.  Apparently it was serious enough, he shouldn't have been playing at all.

I'm not going to give him too much on the injury, but he should have said something earlier than he did, instead of just sticking it out. Some credit in losing the 4 in a row has to be handed to Ben Jones (missing FGs) and Stubblefield (dropping a couple of key passes).

I think Tate should have been 1st team for both, but you can't be surprised the media picked the big numbers guy.

Looking ahead, Purdue's D only loses Rogers and OSU and UM are off the schedule next year.

it's the way Purdue's schedule rotation has worked since PSU joined in... no complaints here

The Hawkeyes scared Mizzou right off the schedule... Mizzou removed both 2005 and '06 dates in favor of powerhouse Arkansas State.

Hawkeyes were forced to reschedule Div 1-AA Northern Iowa.

Ball state, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa are the only tune-ups before entering the B10 schedule @ OSU... If they get past the B10 opener, they have a good shot at running the table...

They return everyone but the front four from the defensive line...

Yeah, but Cheat's point was that is only because Randle El had to play QB. God he was sick in college. There was always that wildcard of him and that option offense, despite the Indiana on the schedule.

Yeah, I caught that...Randle El is easily the best player to play at IU. I was just saying statistically speaking, Roby put up some nice numbers.

Yeah, but Cheat's point was that is only because Randle El had to play QB. God he was sick in college. There was always that wildcard of him and that option offense, despite the Indiana on the schedule.

Kind of like how Ronald Curry was an insane qb at North Carolina. Now he's doing a good job in Oakland and could be a possible signing this offseason by the Bears.

But its so fun watching those raw athletes that can just create amazing plays where you just shake your head wondering how the hell they can do it.