*Official* College Basketball Thread

Went to the IU game. We didnt play as bad as the score might look. They werent as selfish as last year. Strickland did have 4 turnovers but Davis will have that fixed. And again, watch out for Pat Ewing Jr and Dj White this year big ten folk!

Eh...compared to the exhibitions, yes we did. Yes, the 3 point shot to inside basket ratio was a little under half; however, they have to get it inside more. That's what was working during the exhibitions. That's when the 3 point shot will really open up.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's DJ White looking? He was my favorite freshmen outside of UNC's duo.

He looked really good in the exhibitions. Last night was the first official game, and I think he played just about 20 minutes. He only got a couple baskets, and I think nerves had a lot to do with his performance; however, as the year goes on, Davis' confidence will grow on what he thinks of White, as will White's. I'm glad he's a Hoosier! :headbang

I think he could be a perfect 3-4 year college player. A little under-sized for the position which could keep him out of the NBA early on, but could dominate the college game for a while and then have a nice career in the NBA. Are you guys using him at the PF position?

I think he could be a perfect 3-4 year college player. A little under-sized for the position which could keep him out of the NBA early on, but could dominate the college game for a while and then have a nice career in the NBA. Are you guys using him at the PF position?

Agreed, I just want to see him get comfortable here this year. Next year is going to be the big year, and he's been the PF while in the lineup.

Even though the box scores wouldn't really indicate this , one guy that has really impressed me is Deron Williams.

He is playing like the ultimate team player. Even thought he has draft stock to be thinking about and tabbed Big10 player of the year he is playing completely unselfish.

LMAO-gotta love the Illini fan chants.

Oakland PG has his shirt untucked, fans chant...TUCK YOU SHIRT IN, clap clap, clap clap clap.

Also the fake countdown on the shot clock.

:headbang

Well Iowa should still move into the top 25 after a good week. Lousiville and Texas looked good today as well which should help them.

I think the game would of been a lot closer had Hansen and Brunner not got into some early foul trouble. I was a little disturbed by the officiating, blowing a lot of ticky fouls the entire tourney. I hope they aren't calling games like this the entire season cause they aren't letting the teams decide it.

But damn did UNC look good, they looked explosive and quick. McCants is just a stud. Him and Felton played fantastic. UNC also did a great job defending the Hawkeyes.

They showed me enough reasons why they are one of the best 3 teams in the country (Wake and Kansas being the others).

Iowa put up a great effort tonight, UNC just was clicking on all cylinders. Iowa shot lights out from 3. UNC wins 106-92, Felton tourney MVP. Felton is something else. Jason I agree about the officiating, just terrible the entire tourney.

Ya, UNC couldn't miss. I was just swearing up a storm. Everytime Iowa would create some stops UNC's defense would force turnovers and then bang down 3's.

Felton was so quick and did a great job distributing. You guys are gonna have a hell of a year. Too bad you only play Wake once this year. I also got to say something else, I usually don't pay much attention to the announcers, but Bilas and company really made listening to the games enjoyable.

I should add the two plays of the tourney were tonight. Early in the game Pierre Pierce made an awesome play on a drive and finished it with a reverse and then later in the game Felton drove, went behind his back and somehow went up and made this awesome layup.

Dang, Michigan falls. they can only blame themselves.

Man, Michigan must have gotten killed on the boards.

Would of been nice to beat a ranked team. Next is Georgia Tech and than Notre Dame. Tough pre-Big 10 schedule.

Not a big fan of Roderick and Lodrick Stewart. When they were being recruited, they begged to be recruited by UNC. UNC obliged after a great camp that brought Lodrick Stewart up to the top 5 rankings and Rodrick up to the top 15. Lodrick was always picked as the better player, but as the year went on, both started stinking it up and Rodrick barely managed to stay in the top 25 while Lodrick slipped even further. They are amazing athletes though and would put on shows before their games jumping over each other and dunking etc. Good luck to Rodrick at KU though.