*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
Things don't look good greasy...... 

Wright can't make a shot, DJ is out of synch and I don't see any way they hit 3's in the 2nd half the way they did in the 1st.

This is a must win if we still think we're going to the tournament. I wasn't expecting Wright to do much today. White's really hit the freshman wall these past few games; he's fouled out of the last 2 games. He kind of looks like he did at the beginning of the year, really unsure of what he's doing down low.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
This is a must win if we still think we're going to the tournament.  I wasn't expecting Wright to do much today. White's really hit the freshman wall these past few games; he's fouled out of the last 2 games.  He kind of looks like he did at the beginning of the year, really unsure of what he's doing down low.

You're right it is a must win, but in all reality, I don't see a chance in hell they make the tourney whether they win today or not. They just aren't good enough to run the table like they need to. Realistically a best case scenario is they finish 16-13 and I don't see any way that gets them in, Charlotte loss or not. More likely they will finish 15-14 or 14-15.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
TA can't beat Indiana...He's now 0-8 against us. 

Pretty decent road win.  Vaden stepped it up big again; he's been great the past few games.  The 70-63 win over UM puts us back in 4th place in the Big Ten.

Still don't be getting your NCAA hopes up. lol

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Still don't be getting your NCAA hopes up.  lol

I'm not throwing them away though. There's still games to play, and if we take a few in the BTT. This is going to be a fun next 7 days though. Gene Keady's last game here on Tuesday, and then Michigan State comes in next Sunday.

Utah takes on New Mexico away tonight to try and keep their unbeaten MWC record intact. Expect another big game from Bogut as usual, really looking forward to seeing how he does against some better competition in the next few weeks.

Glad to see your back in the sig biz Cheat! :headbang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And the reason I decided to come to IU....IU versus Purdue

http://iuhoosiers.com/mensbasketball/news/...bk02-19-05.html

IU To Recognize Keady Prior To IU-Purdue Game

Bloomington, Ind. - Indiana University Athletics will recognize legendary Purdue coach Gene Keady prior to Keady's final coaching appearance at Assembly Hall on Feb. 22. Just before tipoff, IU coach Mike Davis will present Keady with a special gift in honor of his prolific 25-year tenure at the helm of the Hoosier program.

"Coach Keady's record at Purdue speaks for itself," Davis said. "He runs a first-class program in every way, and it is an honor to coach against him. As a young head coach, I admire the way he has built and maintained success at Purdue, and we would like to wish him the best in his future endeavors."

|

A six-time National Coach of the Year honoree, Keady has compiled a 512-265 (.659) record in West Lafayette. In addition to six Big Ten Conference championships, Keady has won Big Ten Coach of the Year honors seven times, and he ranks among the Big Ten's top three in career winning percentage (.659) and victories (512). He has directed Purdue to 22 postseason appearances and an average of 21.2 wins per season.