Spying on your kids

Texsox

Is it ok to check what and where your kid is posting?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok to check what and where your kid is posting?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the kid

I think it is O.K. to see the boards they post at, but I wouldn't go into checking all that they write. We all know that many people act a little different on boards, so I would never use that as a basis on what my kids are like. I don't plan to let my daughter find out about message boards for MANY years to come! :D

I know my wife will read some of the stuff I have posted on certain boards. She reads my posts on the Gretsch Guitar boards, and my main music site. But I really have nothing to hide from her. Though she did ask me why I had downloaded the Madonna Like a Virgin video. Heh, that was an odd explanantion. I was also hammered when trying to explain it.

But in the end I think seeing where anybody hits is O.K., but what the involvement is can be a little sketchy. But they are your kids, the line is hooked up to YOUR house, and if any really bad content is coming in, you have a right to know, as you could be liable. Make any sense?

Yeah, like digging into Dad's bookmarks  :ph34r:

BTW, he talks about the main site he visits all the time and thought he was cool when he crossed 500 posts. He really understood the point that post counts don't matter when he saw my total  :lol:

Im sure he looked at you, shook his head, and thought, by my theory my dads cooler then me, so I better just give up the computer all together :lol: