What about Kevin Millwood?

ChWRoCk2

Could be a possibility, but for the time being I think they focus on Perez and Clement. 

I also think they'll try making an offer for Huddy or Burnett but don't know if they get them.  Hopefully they'll stay away from Vazquez at this point.

Rumor out of Boston is that Burnett was talking to the BoSox people yesterday.

Rumor out of Boston is that Burnett was talking to the BoSox people yesterday.

I wonder if Boston is going to offer up prospets or someone like Arroyo. I could see Florida accepting Arroyo for Burnett.

Florida seems to want to get rid of Burnett soley cause he's going to be gone next year and they want to get a guy whose going to be healthy for sure this year.

I think Florida wants at least a big leaguer for him and I don't know if the Sox can get into that cause offering up Garland and someone else may not be wise, cause it still forces the Sox to pick up another pitcher. Although I happen to like the basis of that trade cause I really like Burnett.

But I don't make that deal cause you put a lot of pressure on an injury riddled pitcher when you already are in doubt as to your 5th starter.

I think the Sox have a move under their sleeve though.

I wonder if Boston is going to offer up prospets or someone like Arroyo.  I could see Florida accepting Arroyo for Burnett.

Florida seems to want to get rid of Burnett soley cause he's going to be gone next year and they want to get a guy whose going to be healthy for sure this year. 

I think Florida wants at least a big leaguer for him and I don't know if the Sox can get into that cause offering up Garland and someone else may not be wise, cause it still forces the Sox to pick up another pitcher.  Although I happen to like the basis of that trade cause I really like Burnett.

But I don't make that deal cause you put a lot of pressure on an injury riddled pitcher when you already are in doubt as to your 5th starter.

I think the Sox have a move under their sleeve though.

The Bo Sox will probably use their SS prospect as trade bait now that Renteria is signed.

I don't think Millwood would be a good signing..only because the last two seasons he has struggled, but we don't need another pitcher like him..We are in need of a power pitcher..someone who can strike 10 out in a game almost on a regular basis.. a stopper...I wouldn't be too confident with him out there...Odalis Perez..Matt Clement..AJ Burnett (if healthy)...Johnson..I mean I know that there isn't much left..but I'd rather use Hermanson..for the 5th starter.instead of spending money on Millwood..then go out and get an infielder like Cabrera...

I don't think Millwood would be a good signing..only because the last two seasons he has struggled, but we don't need another pitcher like him..We are in need of a power pitcher..someone who can strike 10 out in a game almost on a regular basis.. a stopper...I wouldn't be too confident with him out there...Odalis Perez..Matt Clement..AJ Burnett (if healthy)...Johnson..I mean I know that there isn't much left..but I'd rather use Hermanson..for the 5th starter.instead of spending money on Millwood..then go out and get an infielder like Cabrera...

If you like cabrera you should be thrilled with uribe. ;)

What was your user name before this one? Your style is familiar.

I saw on Ben maller today that Lowe may back off his 4/40 request and take a 3/24. I don't really believe that given Russ Ortiz's signing. I think a team like Detroit or Baltimore will cough up that 4th year. As far as Millwood goes, is he really healthy? I don't think it's a question of ability with him. I anticipate him taking a one-year offer somewhere to reboost his market, maybe even Atlanta again. I don't see Boras giving a very sensible deal on a one-year contract. After Byrd got 5, I bet Millwood will sign 1 year at about 8. I think he'd be worth grabbing for one season if he easily passes a physical.

As far as Millwood goes, is he really healthy? I don't think it's a question of ability with him. I anticipate him taking a one-year offer somewhere to reboost his market, maybe even Atlanta again. I don't see Boras giving a very sensible deal on a one-year contract. After Byrd got 5, I bet Millwood will sign 1 year at about 8. I think he'd be worth grabbing for one season if he easily passes a physical.

Agent Scott Boras expects to have one or two of his clients signed by the end of the day Monday. Kevin Millwood could be a possibility.

Millwood might get an incentive-laden one-year deal from the Cardinals or Braves.

From rotoworld.