Despite earler "for Hudson only" statements...

YASNY

But ...... There's a catch:

There's another reason that Florida is shopping Burnett: his attitude. According to one team source, the Marlins are trying to weed out the bad apples in the clubhouse.

They started last July when Brad Penny, outspoken and of questionable work ethic, was shipped to Los Angeles. They continued this month by signing veteran Al Leiter to provide clubhouse leadership for the other pitchers.

Now the team's focus is on Burnett, who has made waves with the organization almost every year he's been with Florida. Remember the day in 2001 when he shattered the window of a truck with a warm-up pitch as the truck drove around the field in between innings?

And his complaints in February 2003 that the team didn't respect him for taking him to arbitration after signing Pudge Rodriguez to a $10 million contract? Last June, he criticized the front office for delaying his return from reconstructive elbow surgery.

The bottom line: Although the Marlins believe Burnett is a talented pitcher with ace potential, they are trying to restore order in the clubhouse.

Edit: More Burnett info:

Though the Marlins haven't offered a long-term deal to A.J. Burnett -- and he would be interested in a three-year contract topping $20 million -- keep in mind the team will have extra payroll flexibility next winter. The money the team is paying ex-Marlins goes from $10.5 million in 2005 to $2 million in 2006. An American League executive whose team spoke with the Marlins said he would be surprised if Burnett, a free agent next winter, isn't traded eventually. But the offers haven't impressed the Marlins.

So KW.. get off your dumb ass and get this Pitcher.  He is going to have a HUGE 05 IMO, lets have it on the south side.

He's a clubhouse cancer and a walking injury-waiting-to-happen. He's not worth the risk of giving up what we would have to give up just to watch this kid sit out most of the season.

So KW.. get off your dumb ass and get this Pitcher.  He is going to have a HUGE 05 IMO, lets have it on the south side.

Burnett is nasty. We're good at getting players who are dumped by their old teams. At least Burnett is still young and can really help our rotation. Get him KW.

Point is were getting a stud and I highly doubt he'll be as much of a problem as people are saying he is but that's just me. You don't go to every club cause s***. It just doesn't happen.

Some people are just whiny b****es. If he caused problems every year with the fish, what makes you think he won't cause problems here? A me first attitude generally never leaves a player.

This is from last season

Burnett had pain, inflammation and a lack of flexibility in his right elbow following Friday night's start against the St. Louis Cardinals, the third time in eight months he has had similar problems with his throwing arm.

Sounds like consistent arm problems to me. I don't know exactally how many times he's been on the DL, but bottom line, is your going to have to give up something that you know you got, for something you have no idea of what you're going to get.

Hmm only became a full time starter in 01..With 173 IP Then in 03 has major surgery..

He also got hurt in 2000, which is why he only pitched in 13 games in 2000.

Suffered a complete rupture of his ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb during pitcher's fielding practice on Tuesday, March 14 in Melbourne, FL... surgery was performed on March 21 by Dr. Brian Fingado at Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale.

Some people are just whiny b****es.  If he caused problems every year with the fish, what makes you think he won't cause problems here?  A me first attitude generally never leaves a player.

I'm pretty sure KW wouldn't make the trade before talking to Ozzie, who spent time with Burnett. And it being his team and his idea for molding it I think he knows whether or not Burnett will fit in this team. So if he does come I have full confidence that he will fit in because it will be with an Ozzie GUillen OK to it. If it doesn't happen it could be very likely because Ozzie said no to it.

I'm pretty sure KW wouldn't make the trade before talking to Ozzie, who spent time with Burnett.  And it being his team and his idea for molding it I think he knows whether or not Burnett will fit in this team.  So if he does come I have full confidence that he will fit in because it will be with an Ozzie GUillen OK to it.  If it doesn't happen it could be very likely because Ozzie said no to it.

Good point.