I love reading stuff like this...

Wanne

"The Mets also could get into the Beltran bidding or go after one more Boras client, former White Sox Magglio Ordonez, whose stock seems to be plummeting after he backed out of promises for an early December workout for interested teams."

Well that's just a friggin shame! :fyou

"The Mets also could get into the Beltran bidding or go after one more Boras client, former White Sox Magglio Ordonez, whose stock seems to be plummeting after he backed out of promises for an early December workout for interested teams."

Well that's just a friggin shame!  :fyou

Ya hate to see that happen.

Stock plummeting?? BS. No, I don't see anyone gambling on him until his January work out.....but believe this: He'll prove to be healthy in April and will sign somewhere for one year, for cheap and put up monster numbers so that his stock goes back up for 2006. It will probably be with a contender and we'd better hope it's not a certain north side team. BOOK IT.

you guys can flip him off all you wnat, but believe this: He'll be healthy in April and will sign somewhere for one year, for cheap and put up monster numbers so that his stock goes back up for 2006. It will probably be with a contender and we'd better hope it's not a certain north side team.  BOOK IT.

That's VERY possible. But, with him cancelling a workout at the winter meetings and Boras not letting the Sox check him out prior to the arbitration deadline, I think Maggs and Boras were trying to force the Sox hand into offering arbitration. Which would have tied our hands over the offseason. The Sox made the right decision under the circumstances.

Eh, I have a stupid question/thought. For most of the time that Maggs refused the White Sox a workout, he was, technically, still a member of the team. An employee of the White Sox. If he is an employee, I think he should be forced to let the Sox look at him; he's their property.

Just my take.

That's VERY possible.  But, with him cancelling a workout at the winter meetings and Boras not letting the Sox check him out prior to the arbitration deadline, I think Maggs and Boras were trying to force the Sox hand into offering arbitration.  Which would have tied our hands over the offseason.  The Sox made the right decision under the circumstances.

I wonder if Maggs is kicking himself for hiring Boras. Granted, he didn't know he'd be injured when he hired him, but if I were Maggs, I'd be asking my agent, Why am i not getting the offers you told me I would get? Why wasn't I offered arb?

That's VERY possible.  But, with him cancelling a workout at the winter meetings and Boras not letting the Sox check him out prior to the arbitration deadline, I think Maggs and Boras were trying to force the Sox hand into offering arbitration.  Which would have tied our hands over the offseason.  The Sox made the right decision under the circumstances.

I agree, you jumped in before I could go back and edit, lol. I've written this a few times, if they can unload Sammy, they WILL land Beltran and since they are serious about making a run, could sign Maggs to play RF for cheap.

I wonder if Maggs is kicking himself for hiring Boras.  Granted, he didn't know he'd be injured when he hired him, but if I were Maggs, I'd be asking my agent, Why am i not getting the offers you told me I would get?  Why wasn't I offered arb?

maybe he is but some owners are now starting to get smart with borass. as u can see beltran only got 1 offer nad it wasnt even close to the 200 mill that his crack lover agent wants. why hasnt jason varateck signed? cause borasss is asking way too much for any team even the redsox to bid on a 32 year old catcher. the only way beltran goes back to houston is if his wife wants to stay there. i dont think he will handel the ny media well (see chad pennington). giambi told his former oakland teamates with thought he made a mistake. the ny media can have a big affect on you weather u play well or not.

Eh, I have a stupid question/thought.  For most of the time that Maggs refused the White Sox a workout, he was, technically, still a member of the team.  An employee of the White Sox.  If he is an employee, I think he should be forced to let the Sox look at him; he's their property.

Just my take.

You are correct. Problem is he was ducking the Sox calls. IMO, good thing. Cut the losses and move on.

Eh, I have a stupid question/thought.  For most of the time that Maggs refused the White Sox a workout, he was, technically, still a member of the team.  An employee of the White Sox.  If he is an employee, I think he should be forced to let the Sox look at him; he's their property.

Just my take.

..not to mention surgery behind their backs.......in another country. Let's suppose the Sox had really wanted Maggs back for 2005 and that the surgery in Vienna had been botched, then what??