Sox targeting 2B

EvilJester99

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be the guy that Kenny referred to as "The missing piece" Sign him. I like what I've read of him. He can become great friends with Shingo.

CWSOX45

Seems like he'd be a good pick up, but I'd rather we address catcher over 2nd base. Plus he's making the trasition to a different culture. Not terribly easy to do.

Steve, Yanks signed Womack did they not?  If so maybe that would take them out of the equation on this situation?

If the Red Sox pass, the White Sox would seem to have a chance.

Oh yeah, that signing slipped my mind. Wow, I really don't see a ton of competition from teams who have the markets that many Japanese players need to come over to the States. Padres, no...Yanks, no...Dodgers, no...Angels, no...Cubs, no...Mariners, no...

Anyone who says Harris is better than this dude is a fool.

We can't have Harris in the lineup everyday. It is certain that we need a minor leaguer to step in to fill the role of the infielder we need.

Valentin's gone, so we surely need someone to fill that vacancy, and we can't win a world series with one of our minor leaguers or Harris at 2B.

hey man, i'm only 13 years old and i'm better than No Hit Harris

i know that some players go to japan from the bigs and do better.. and some go from japan to the bigs and do worse.... however, some go from japan to have a lot of sucess here... he did have a break out year in 2004... a good year in 2003... and hit some what decent/OK at other times

i think this is what might intrest us:

"In his eight-year career with the Fukuoka-based Pacific League

club, he hit .271 with 149 homers, 507 RBIs and 159 stolen bases in

894 games. He won the PL stolen base title in 2001 and 2003 and is

also a four-time All-Star."

id be intrested to see/hear more about him and why his production has been up in the last 2 years. no way do i see the sox or any other team offering him something like kaz matsui got

Plus .42 percentage points.

lol ... too many people already have their minds set on Harris, whether the numbers say otherwise or not.

He actually improved last season and played pretty good considering the way he was treated, yet many feel he has gotten worse.

harris showed a lot of ability, potential, and did improve last year a lot

if he could settle in at 2B his defence (which is good already) would get even better.... that added comfort of him earning that position out of spring traning may do good things for him as well...

he hit well last year .279 with a .366 OBP against RHP... another bright side is that he improved his hitting against RHP .059 points last year compared to 2003... i think it is possible and likely to see his numbers against RHP go up again in 2005.... i remember he did well durring the end, even hitting 5 for 5 in one game.

if he could just learn how to hit left handers, he would be fine... with rock raines our first base coach, and with scotty "speed demon pods" harris will also be able to improve his stole bases total A TON... imo

i think it would be very wise to have another second baseman to fall back on/platoon VS LHP but if it isnt someone like Cairo who has proven he hits consistantly around .280 - .300 vs LHP.. then i just say we gotta bit the bullet and really work harris to the bone against LHP this offseason and try to get him ready to do better.

:bringit

lol ... too many people already have their minds set on Harris, whether the numbers say otherwise or not.

He actually improved last season and played pretty good considering the way he was treated, yet many feel he has gotten worse.

Yup, either is hated, people do not really care about him, or is loved (chisoxfan14.)

EDIT: another thing i noticed about last season, is consistancy... looks like hes a bit like uribe... he is streaky... look

april - .254 71 AB

may - .384 73 AB

june - .182 66 AB

july - .188 48 AB

aug. - .288 66 AB

end - .258 85 AB

two good months... 2 acceptable months... and 2 bad months

if you take out his 2 bad months you would have.... .291 in 295 AB

looks like he hit a really bad slump in june that lasted until july.... if he could stop from doing that... and continue to make strides in improvement... i could see him hitting .270 - .290.... and thats more then good enough for me.... work on working the count, stealing bases, and hitting LHP and harris just might succeed

harris, crede, davis, and burke will be the position players im most intrested to see what happens... i think harris and crede will make good strides (crede breaking out the most, harris breaking out solid) and one of the catchers will be productive enough to become the definitive starter in all our minds (my money is on davis)

EDIT: another thing i noticed about last season, is consistancy... looks like hes a bit like uribe... he is streaky... look

april - .254 71 AB

may - .384 73 AB

june - .182 66 AB

july  - .188 48 AB

aug. - .288 66 AB

end - .258 85 AB

two good months... 2 acceptable months... and 2 bad months

if you take out his 2 bad months you would have.... .291 in 295 AB

looks like he hit a really bad slump in june that lasted until july.... if he could stop from doing that... and continue to make strides in improvement... i could see him hitting .270 - .290.... and thats more then good enough for me.... work on working the count, stealing bases, and hitting LHP and harris just might succeed

harris, crede, davis, and burke will be the position players im most intrested to see what happens... i think harris and crede will make good strides (crede breaking out the most, harris breaking out solid) and one of the catchers will be productive enough to become the definitive starter in all our minds (my money is on davis)

One reason for his inconsistency may be because he was jerked in and out of the line-up so much? I mean he would go five for five and get benched the next game. Something is not right about that, not at all.

One reason for his inconsistency may be because he was jerked in and out of the line-up so much? I mean he would go five for five and get benched the next game. Something is not right about that, not at all.

you already said that... am i missing something or was it a mistake?

Sign him....You are taking a risk that is about the same as Willie playing everyday.

What's the worst that could happen...you have more depth on the bench, you got a right handed bat that can play against lefties (b/c everyone knows Willie couldn't hit left handed pitching to save his ass.) and he seems to have a solid glove, good speed, and a bat with pop. This would make much more sense then signing Alex Cora who is just another Willie Harris. So I say either sign him or Ciaro (sp) but please don't sign Cora. Odds are Cora will be a Sox. :angry: