AJ's "Second Chance"

beck72

The more and more I hear about AJ, the less serious I take the "clubhouse cancer" label. Is AJ irritating, obnoxious? Probably. Does he play the game the "right way", with intensity and fire? Probably. I think most sox players and fans will take an obnoxious guy who can help the sox win over a good guy who helps them lose with dignity and class. If the offer is a decent one, the Sox would be a good team on which to prove himself to the league. sign it soon AJ

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox31.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more and more I hear about AJ, the less serious I take the "clubhouse cancer" label. Is AJ irritating, obnoxious? Probably. Does he play the game the "right way", with intensity and fire? Probably. I think most sox players and fans will take an obnoxious guy who can help the sox win over a good guy who helps them lose with dignity and class. If the offer is a decent one, the Sox would be a good team on which to prove himself to the league. sign it soon AJ

I think AJ would be a good signing for the Sox. He's the type of hardnose player they need.

I think it's a good move if the Sox get AJ. I don't want to watch Be nDavis flailing at pitches all season again.

Bob

If the Sox do sign A.J for about $3 million I'm guessin, with a 2nd year or option for about $4 mill, it'll be interesting to see if KW is still allowed to go after an infielder if JR loosens the purse strings just a little more. Payroll could be above $75 million and close to $80 million once you factor in Rowand's raise in arbitration as well.

If the Sox do sign A.J for about $3 million I'm guessin, with a 2nd year or option for about $4 mill, it'll be interesting to see if KW is still allowed to go after an infielder if JR loosens the purse strings just a little more. Payroll could be above $75 million and close to $80 million once you factor in Rowand's raise in arbitration as well.

GEtting someone for the middle IF isn't a luxury. someone will come in

Its a good thing we regained interest in AJ. Everybody deserves another chance.

Also on the trib article, KW said he has been told that the SOX has been popular in Japan bcoz of Shingo. I think this is a good thing for us being able to recruit from Japan.

Its a good thing we regained interest in AJ. Everybody deserves another chance.

Also on the trib article, KW said he has been told that the SOX has been popular in Japan bcoz of Shingo. I think this is a good thing for us being able to recruit from Japan.

That's the biggest reason I was hoping we could sign the 2B. A signing like that could give us an edge when a big named player decides to come to the states, such as that big named pitcher (the name escapes me) that wants to come here next year.

That's the biggest reason I was hoping we could sign the 2B.  A signing like that could give us an edge when a big named player decides to come to the states, such as that big named pitcher (the name escapes me) that wants to come here next year.

We get enough Japanese players here, Ichiro or Hideki Matsui might want to come to Chicago as a free agent. :D

Thanks. I've been over at the other board for awhile and smetimes need a break from some it.  I've been lurking a bit and like what I see.

Bob

Very glad to have you here, you're a very knowledgeable baseball guy. :cheers

Anyone curious why the Twins haven't talked to get AJ back. They got a good closer in Nathan for him, and bringing him back would make the Giants look bad.

Mauer may not be ready for opening day, LeCroy isn't an everyday catcher.

Maybe they are one of the "other" teams.

Anyone curious why the Twins haven't talked to get AJ back. They got a good closer in Nathan for him, and bringing him back would make the Giants look bad.

Mauer may not be ready for opening day, LeCroy isn't an everyday catcher.

Maybe they are one of the "other" teams.

I would guess they will have Mauer starting regardless, and if Mauer is not ready to start the year, they will just have a platoon of like LeCroy-Redmond-Bowen until he comes back.

I guess I go back to the Torii Hunter incident. I guaran-fricken-tee he would have called his ass to get plunked. He's a hard-nosed player, and frankly, I want to see more of those types on this team.

Edited by kapkomet

The White Sox have no heart...the reason they lose every year is because they are willing to take garbage from their opponents...that is why they need the trash talking AJ Pierzynski, he's a very good offensive catcher and he will get in the heads of his opponents and anger them...If the Sox sign AJ, they would have a very balanced lineup which could actually be better than last years...Jermaine Dye is better than Carlos Lee so his addition offsets the loss of Carlos, Scott Podsednik for a full season and AJ Pierzynski as opposed to Miguel Olivo/Davis/Burke/Alomar (which we had last year) is better than a half season of Maggs...also, we did not have Thomas for most of last season so adding him back to this year's team is similar to an addition...therefore, all we really lost from last season was half of Magglio Ordonez...to offset this loss, we have a full year of Frank Thomas, Podsednik, and Pierzynski...this is easily a way better lineup than last year if we get AJ and I am pretty sure we would win the division...the only guy who could POSSIBLE get in our way is santana, if he doesn't repeat his last season, then we easily win this division...also a side note...we all know since the core of this team is locked up for the long-term, if we win now, the fans will come back and we can return to the days of 30,000 plus fans each game, in turn, this will increase our payroll and next offseason, i can easily see jerry bumping the payroll to 90-100 million in an attempts to go for it all, much like he jacked the payroll up to sign albert belle and jaime navarro in 1997...things look good on the South Side

The White Sox have no heart...the reason they lose every year is because they are willing to take garbage from their opponents...that is why they need the trash talking AJ Pierzynski, he's a very good offensive catcher and he will get in the heads of his opponents and anger them...If the Sox sign AJ, they would have a very balanced lineup which could actually be better than last years...Jermaine Dye is better than Carlos Lee so his addition offsets the loss of Carlos, Scott Podsednik for a full season and AJ Pierzynski as opposed to Miguel Olivo/Davis/Burke/Alomar (which we had last year) is better than a half season of Maggs...also, we did not have Thomas for most of last season so adding him back to this year's team is similar to an addition...therefore, all we really lost from last season was half of Magglio Ordonez...to offset this loss, we have a full year of Frank Thomas, Podsednik, and Pierzynski...this is easily a way better lineup than last year if we get AJ and I am pretty sure we would win the division...the only guy who could POSSIBLE get in our way is santana, if he doesn't repeat his last season, then we easily win this division...also a side note...we all know since the core of this team is locked up for the long-term, if we win now, the fans will come back and we can return to the days of 30,000 plus fans each game, in turn, this will increase our payroll and next offseason, i can easily see jerry bumping the payroll to 90-100 million in an attempts to go for it all, much like he jacked the payroll up to sign albert belle and jaime navarro in 1997...things look good on the South Side

Excellent post!

by any chance are you aj?