Dollars?

BamaDoc

If we try Contreras plus prospects for Vasquez, we pickup substantial payroll and a player who wants to be on the East coast. I would big time prefer Vas over Contreras but I am afraid Konerko may have to be part of the deal to make the dollars work. We also have offers to the 2B man and Pierzinski at a couple million each. I would love to add all three but I don't see management making that commitment. Come on ownership prove me wrong.

If we try Contreras plus prospects for Vasquez,  we pickup substantial payroll and a player who wants to be on the East coast.  I would big time prefer Vas over Contreras but I am afraid Konerko may have to be part of the deal to make the dollars work.  We also have offers to the 2B man and Pierzinski at a couple million each.  I would love to add all three but I don't see management making that commitment.  Come on ownership prove me wrong.

We're not trading Contreras, and how in the world to you expect us to sign both Tacughi AND Piersynzski after getting Vazquez? Why go through all of this hassle with getting Contreras to waive his no trade clause, and the possibility of Javier demanding a trade after next season? :huh:

I'd be happy with just Pierzynski in addition to what the Sox already have.

Just getting Timo Perez/Joe Borchard out of the black hole in RF will do wonders for the Sox in 2005. Contreras as a #5 starter (although I think El Duque would do MUCH better if he only had to get 25 starts next year) will also do wonders.

Those two improvements alone are worth 5 wins. Having Frank healthy all year and getting a better year from Joe Crede are probably worth another 3-4 wins.

The improved bullpen is probably worth another win.

I think even with a dropoff from Konerko and Rowand, the Sox are primed for 90 wins next year. This is a good squad and should be neck and neck with Minnesota. In fact, if Pierzinski and Iguchi sign, this may be the most well-balanced team the White Sox have had since the 1994 squad (and even that team had holes in the bullpen).

If we try Contreras plus prospects for Vasquez,  we pickup substantial payroll and a player who wants to be on the East coast.  I would big time prefer Vas over Contreras but I am afraid Konerko may have to be part of the deal to make the dollars work.  We also have offers to the 2B man and Pierzinski at a couple million each.  I would love to add all three but I don't see management making that commitment.  Come on ownership prove me wrong.

I seriously doubt KW will trade Contreras. Contreras is kind of KW's pet pitcher. As for Konerko, KW already said to the Sun-times that he wasnt going to trade Konerko unless it was for a great player (RJ). If there is any deal concerning Vazquez i figure it will be for Garland and a top prospect.

I'm sorry, people don't seem to get it. My comment really was about adding Vaz added about 10 to 12 million to our payroll. Contreras made sense in terms of dollars not just talent given up. With that addition I couldn't see doing anything else.

New York is paying $9 million of the remaining $33 million of Vazquez's 3 year deal. That means he would cost about $8 million a season if he then traded from the D-Backs. For an extra $2 million over Contreras, it would definitely be worth it if we could trade Jose and Anderson or Everett in a possible deal, but I doubt Arizona will do that, especially after seeing what the Orioles offered. :ph34r:

ARZ will not take JC at all.