My Comiskey Review

southsider2k5

I just got back (and warmed up enough to type, lol) from the home openner. The lower deck of the Park has really become as good or better than any of the other facilities I have ever been to, and trust me the list is long.

The new fan deck in CF is a great spot for SRO. It is a great unimpeded view of the field from dead center.

The black paint job is sharp. The white never really sat that great with me, but the black looks great

The new scoreboard is awesome. Anyone who has ever been to a game at Comiskey knows that if you got at too much of an angle to the scoreboard, or if you were underneath of it, it was illegible. This new fully digital board is readable at any angle, no matter how close or far. The resolution is incredible. The picture looks like a plasma screen. It is that good.

They also have installed new ribbon advertising boards (just like the United Center and most NBA/NHL arenas) that is also very sharp.

The outfield also has new trellace-like entrances to the seats and bleachers out there that are also very nice looking.

The outfield concession stands also have a new look trimmed out in a wood look.

All in all they are all great improvements. Like I said with all of the work they have done to the park over the last few years is great, only a few small negatives IMO. Like I said the Lower level is one of the best in baseball. If they do have as well on the upper level, we finally will have one of the top baseball only facilites in MLB.

I just got back (and warmed up enough to type, lol) from the home openner. The lower deck of the Park has really become as good or better than any of the other facilities I have ever been to, and trust me the list is long.

The new fan deck in CF is a great spot for SRO. It is a great unimpeded view of the field from dead center.

The black paint job is sharp. The white never really sat that great with me, but the black looks great

The new scoreboard is awesome. Anyone who has ever been to a game at Comiskey knows that if you got at too much of an angle to the scoreboard, or if you were underneath of it, it was illegible. This new fully digital board is readable at any angle, no matter how close or far. The resolution is incredible. The picture looks like a plasma screen. It is that good.

They also have installed new ribbon advertising boards (just like the United Center and most NBA/NHL arenas) that is also very sharp.

The outfield also has new trellace-like entrances to the seats and bleachers out there that are also very nice looking.

The outfield concession stands also have a new look trimmed out in a wood look.

All in all they are all great improvements. Like I said with all of the work they have done to the park over the last few years is great, only a few small negatives IMO. Like I said the Lower level is one of the best in baseball. If they do have as well on the upper level, we finally will have one of the top baseball only facilites in MLB.

f***!!!!!! i am soooo jealous. i wish i was there so i can take a look at the park.

The lower deck has never been the problem, the upper deck has always been I have sit up there and older people do have a hard time walkin up and down the steep incline and I have seen more than 1 young kids fall down stairway tripping on steps they are too close together no one walks in that small a step over 2. But JR had to have the x-tra row of Suites, but the lower deck is very nice IMHO :huh:

I strongly differ on the upper deck comments.

It is a great place to watch the game - I feel on top of the action, not a million miles away as I do in the outfield seating - I have never seen a kid fall ever and that is where my season tickets are - saw a few inebriated people stumble and have seen people assist those with disabilities but some of my friends parents go and they are in their 70s and they love it up there.

Great place to watch a game, everything is far more convenient than downstairs (restrooms, concessions, gift shop) and we have a lot of fun up there.

They have installed new lights and other changes to fit the other changes made at the park but still have some painiting to do -

by the way the new scoreboard and the other new stuff is awesome - I loved it so much! The graphics and all are great and when they really figure out how to use it, should be incredible!

The new colors all worked too!

It was so good to be home!

The only thing about the Upper Deck that I hated was being on the sides. In particular, I remember sitting in the top corner on the first base side. That was a recipe for vertigo because when everyone cheered, you can feel it.

Personally, I think every ball park should have a little discomfort factor, especially if you wanna go "retro". Put a few seats behind some pillars... or make some of the seats difficult to access. Screw comfort, this is baseball. Next thing I know, people will be whining for more retractable domes. :Shudder:

Guest hotsoxchick1

i like some of the new stuff.. i cant say that i like the electronic ribbon .. its kinda distracting from down below.........the jumbo tron is awesome....like the new score board........the paint job looks ok.......the cf fan deck?? well give me a little more time to get used to that one i guess...........other than that it looked pretty good...........

About the upperdeck seating, I find it is much more comfortable when the upperdeck is crowded. When it is empty I get vertigo at the top. In 1993 I went to game 1 with my dad and brother (my brother is extremely afraid of heights) and we were almost top row at the very end of the upperdeck in leftfield, because it was so crowded though, it was not uncomfortable at all. I hate the stairs at the ends though, I don't like knowing that a waist high railing is keeping me from plunging to my death.

Guest wsc425

The renovations were good.

The beer stands in the outfield made it look like Hawaii.

I can't see the clock on the main scoreboard.

what do you need a clock for? are you leaving the game early like cubs fans at wrigley?

the problem with the upper deck is that when you get past the infield, the seats are absolutely terrible and way too far away from the play. you have to be no further than the infield to have decent seats up there. it'd be great if they could fix that.

i like some of the new stuff.. i cant say that i like the electronic ribbon .. its kinda distracting from down below.........the jumbo tron is awesome....like the new score board........the paint job looks ok.......the cf fan deck?? well give me a little more time to get used to that one i guess...........other than that it looked pretty good...........

Agree with you 100% on the "ribbon", HSC. It drew my attention away at times. But everything else looked great. Now maybe just add some heaters to the seats for the April games and we'll be all set :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

Agree with you 100% on the "ribbon", HSC. It drew my attention away at times. But everything else looked great. Now maybe just add some heaters to the seats for the April games and we'll be all set :D

steff i put in a request for a hot tub to replace my seats behind home plate.. you can come down and sit with me anytime you want.....ill be sure to keep it fully stocked with young studs.......... ;) i also requested a cabana boy to serve us nice little drinks with umbrellas in them.........

steff i put in a request for a hot tub to replace my seats behind home plate.. you can come down and sit with me anytime you want.....ill be sure to keep it fully stocked with young studs.......... ;) i also requested a cabana boy to serve us nice little drinks with umbrellas in them.........

LOL..!! Fantastic idea!! Can you put in a request for a massuse (sp?), too..? I can forsee a lot of stress from this team this year ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

LOL..!! Fantastic idea!! Can you put in a request for a massuse (sp?), too..? I can forsee a lot of stress from this team this year ;)

ya know steff after careful consideration i have come up with a few names that will fit our needs for a stress free season......im sure they will be more than happy to help us relax a bit.............. :D

I prefer the upper deck no matter what the park and I have been to quite a few. I think it is the best view of the game and on top of it is always about the cheapest seat you can get. The upper deck at Comiskey-or whatever they are calling it these days- is no steeper or farther away than that of any other park I have been to especailly regarding the retro parks I have visited-Camden, Ballpark, Turner-but it is the only park in which I have consistently heard the fans whine about it and talk about how scared they are. I never saw anybody fall there either.

I prefer the upper deck no matter what the park and I have been to quite a few.  I think it is the best view of the game and on top of it is always about the cheapest seat you can get.  The upper deck at Comiskey-or whatever they are calling it these days- is no steeper or farther away than that of any other park I have been to especailly regarding the retro parks I have visited-Camden, Ballpark, Turner-but it is the only park in which I have consistently heard the fans whine about it and talk about how scared they are.  I never saw anybody fall there either.

exactly. those who whine about the upper deck are just plain whiners.

If they didn't whine, they couldn't talk baseball.