Iguchi or Bust

Loaiza21

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
It sounds like Kenny's interest towards Iguchi has faded. It would have been interesting signing him, but it would have been a risk because he never played against MLB pitching. Look at the year Kaz Matsui had. If Iguchi isn't interested in coming here than forget about him. It just opens up more options for Kenny. He can sign Alex Cora OR pull off another trade. The talk around here is been about Ray Durham coming back (I haven't heard anything about this on both radio stations) There is also talk that Flordia could be possibly shopping Luis Castillo. (I haven't heard that the Sox are interested on both radio stations also)

Could this be because KW is 'flying under the radar?' I don't know why but I have a hunch KW is working on a deal to bring one of those guys here. Lets just wait and see....... (only 2 days till Soxfest)

I have the same feeling KW will get somebody to play 2nd base and announce it during soxfest. I am not counting out Iguchi yet, KW said AJ did not fit our team but turn around to sign him. But if not Iguchi, I would love to see Castillo on a Sox uniform. Think of a lineup with Pods and Luis at 1-2, we can get them to run like crazy.

I have the same feeling KW will get somebody to play 2nd base and announce it during soxfest. I am not counting out Iguchi yet, KW said AJ did not fit our team but turn around to sign him. But if not Iguchi, I would love to see Castillo on a Sox uniform. Think of a lineup with Pods and Luis at 1-2, we can get them to run like crazy.

I gotta agree 100% I would love to see pods/castillo at the top.. could have about 100SB between the 2 of them.. :headbang

The art of the steal is something I miss..

Inokuchi where negotiation enters and aims the gradual major league of stuffing

By Kyodo News Service

The Inokuchi resources benevolence infielder which aims toward the American major league entering (30) has striven for independent training with Okinawa. After to last year Daiei Inc. which is on the register (the present software bank) becoming freedom contract, a little more than 2 months. Still, the tip of transferring is not decided, but "at all there is no impatience". 7 days released practice to the press corps, let flow sweat bird valley and others of the mark place and Osaka and Kobe of the original colleague and with such as running and catch ball and shock practice.

It leaves joining an organization negotiation to the Richard moth person of the representative. "It negotiates Inokuchi which waits for good news with some club. Already gradually (it is decided) with there is the feeling which is said ", that, suggesting that negotiation is stage of stuffing. Also, the authorized personnel says "being slow, we would like to decide to about 20 days", that. There is also information that negotiation with the white socks was broken off, but main person of Inokuchi has not been broken off ". It continues ", that it denied.

You carried the ball which is used with the major league to the latest training. The catch ball of course in order to be accustomed to the ball that, it is difficult to fly different from Japan from this time has tackled shock practice.

If it is ordinary year, after real shock practice entering into camp, but you think that it visits America "from this, for making a contract, becomes busy. Therefore we would like to keep speeding up (training)". Just ahead the actualization of dream, expression is bright

Why we need Iguchi:

Harris 04: BA, OBP, SLG, OPS

Apr .254 .299 .324 .623

May.384 .439 .438 .877

Jun .182 .316 .197 .513

Jul .188 .333 .229 .563

Aug 288 .347 .379 .726

Sep.218 .291 .295 .586

Having a 2B who hits 262 consistently is a good thing. That's not Harris.

R or RBI games: Apr 8, May 9, Jun 11, Jul 8, Aug 7, Sep 13: Tot 58

Compare this to Uribe:

R or RBI games: Apr 8, May 15, Jun 12, Jul 6, Aug 13, Sep 17: Tot 73

Do I think Iguchi can produce a R or RBI game total > 60? Yes.