What was the Hawks best call of the year?

soxman352000

What was the best Hawks best call?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best Hawks best call?

• JOE CREDE!!!
    • Come on Timo Come on Timo
    • That'll Get it done That'll Get it done
    • WAY BACK!!!!!!! Its off the fence
    • Whie Sox win it 9 to 8 with 5 runs in the ninth YEEESSSSS

It wasn't a specific call (I'd vote for C'mon Timo) but I thought Hawk was at his absolute best after the Hunter/Burke collision.

It was VERY clear he wanted payback, and right now.

DJ did a great job of giving Hawk space because you could literally see and hear the steam and venom coming out. He didn't come right out and say exactly what he'd do but his intentions were abundantly clear.

And when Hunter came up in the 9th and grounded out on the first pitch, you could sense the huge level of frustration from Hawk that business wasn't handled.

Not that Hawk was right, or wrong for that matter. But I felt he personified a lot of Sox fans indignation and anger. He maintained composure, but just barely. And then in the postgame show with Chris Boden, he let it snap a little bit ... the viewer could really tell how pissed off he was.

I thought it was great, and when I reflected on it later, I felt Darin Jackson did the right thing by giving Hawk some room to let his anger seep out.

That was to me the most memorable Hawk moment of 2004, with the most fun moment being the Timo call.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
It wasn't a specific call (I'd vote for C'mon Timo) but I thought Hawk was at his absolute best after the Hunter/Burke collision.

It was VERY clear he wanted payback, and right now.

DJ did a great job of giving Hawk space because you could literally see and hear the steam and venom coming out.  He didn't come right out and say exactly what he'd do but his intentions were abundantly clear.

And when Hunter came up in the 9th and grounded out on the first pitch, you could sense the huge level of frustration from Hawk that business wasn't handled.

Not that Hawk was right, or wrong for that matter.  But I felt he personified a lot of Sox fans indignation and anger.  He maintained composure, but just barely.  And then in the postgame show with Chris Boden, he let it snap a little bit ... the viewer could really tell how pissed off he was.

I thought it was great, and when I reflected on it later, I felt Darin Jackson did the right thing by giving Hawk some room to let his anger seep out.

That was to me the most memorable Hawk moment of 2004, with the most fun moment being the Timo call.

Hawk was so totally right. Mike Jackson should've knocked that pussies head off. :bang

Oh yeah, definately Come on Timo! ...that could've won soundbyte of the year for all sports

I was at the game where Hunter nailed Burke. You could hear the crunch. Then, an inning or two later, they had to stop the game for a few minutes, because some fans were insulting Hunter cery crudely. As I much as I didn't like that hit, he didnt deserve what was (supposedly) said to him.

QUOTE(Bighurt52235 @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Also, I don't recall, "That'll get it done"  and "Way Back! Its off the wall".  Can someone explain that to me please?

The "Way Back! It's off the wall!" is the July 8th comeback game against the Angels. I was there. :D

I think the "That'll get the job done" was from a Joe Crede SF walk-off.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
The "Way Back!  It's off the wall!"  is the July 8th comeback game against the Angels.  I was there. :D

I think the "That'll get the job done" was from a Joe Crede SF walk-off.

The July 8th comeback was Timo's 3-run single to right field. That one didn't make it to the fence.

QUOTE(Bighurt52235 @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
The July 8th comeback was Timo's 3-run single to right field.  That one didn't make it to the fence.

That was earlier in the game.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Edited by greasywheels121