Ownership question

GoodAsGould

Reinsdorf along with Eddie Einhorn bought the team along with a group of investors.

Reinsdorf was voted the chairman of the board, so via that title he is seen as the lead owner. I don't know how much of the team he owes, but it's a big pie split a number of ways.

Basically Jerry is the boss in title, he makes the financial decisions for the rest of the investors.

The thing that sums up the ownership situation for me is this...

we had a Sports Law Symposium at school... I go to DePaul Law. The White Sox general counsel was there, I asked him "what is the ownership situation" he said "Well I'm really one of the few people who can answer that correctly, but I need documents in front of me, there's a lot of people involved"

Jerry went to people back in 1981 and asked if they wanted to invest in buying the Sox. He didn't get voted Chairman he made himself Chairman as organizer of the group. I believe he started with approximately 12% of the $ ownership.

There are about 100 other investors.

QUOTE(bogie @ Jan 19, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Jerry went to people back in 1981 and asked if they wanted to invest in buying the Sox. He didn't get voted Chairman he made himself Chairman as organizer of the group. I believe he started with approximately 12% of the $ ownership.

There are about 100 other investors.

Wrong. Jerry was appointed Chariman. He started with 3%. And there are no where near 100 investors.

Wrong. Jerry was appointed Chariman. He started with 3%. And there are no where near 100 investors.

About 74-75 investors as I understand it. Doesn't Malkin have a fairly large share Steff, to your knowledge? I was under the impression Reinsdorf personally has somewhere between 5-7% stake.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
About 74-75 investors as I understand it.  Doesn't Malkin have a fairly large share Steff, to your knowledge?  I was under the impression Reinsdorf personally has somewhere between 5-7% stake.

Started with 3%.. just over 5% is what I've been hearing for the past 2 years. The investor # I got this past weekend was 63-64. Malkin is definitely one of the largest.

Started with 3%.. just over 5% is what I've been hearing for the past 2 years. The investor # I got this past weekend was 63-64. Malkin is definitely one of the largest.

One of the 64 or 74 is definitely not Dennis Katsis, for the record. :lol:

A guy close to the scene at the ballpark talked to Micki Cohen last week, she just laughed re: the above.

BTW, not to sound like an insider here, Cohen is one of the investors.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 09:05 AM)
One of the 64 or 74 is definitely not Dennis Katsis, for the record. :lol:

A guy close to the scene at the ballpark talked to Micki Cohen last week, she just laughed re: the above.

BTW, not to sound like an insider here, Cohen is one of the investors.

ROTFLMAO!!! Attracted a crowd outside my office with that one!! :notworthy :lolhitting