Iguchi's agent submits new proposal

Cubs Suck23

we dont need this BUM

joke

sweet news, this will get done... im fully confident

JR said durring soxfest that getting Iguchi is now a 50/50 chance... i think that 50% chance of us signing him depended on his agent submitting an offer like this one... hence, we win. sweet

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we win we win... w00t!

just posted on www.chisox.com

we got him

sorry, that was cold

i was lying

but thats what will happen... daniel son, wax on... wax off... we win... win off... what the f*** is this guy talking about?

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
we win we win... w00t!

we got him

sorry, that was cold

i was lying

but thats what will happen... daniel son, wax on... wax off... we win... win off... what the f*** is this guy talking about?

:stick :stick :stick :stick :stick

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
we win we win... w00t!

we got him

sorry, that was cold

i was lying

Don't you think it is a little early to be drinking?

It wouldn't be THAT big a story and secondly, I'm not gonna cream my slacks over this guy just yet. Just cuz some Sox fans hate Wille and it fits financially doesn't automatically make it a great idea.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
I think  it would be totally sweet if we can sign  Iguchi  this weekend when the cubs are having their convention...

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
What are you, 10?  That's stupid.

sadly, im a 22 year old grown man reading and posting on an internet msg board at 9:30am....

since your new, ill give you the lowdown...

im a drunk asshole piece of s*** moron, so go ahead and inslut me, since i am indeed... a f*** faced retard that really should be shot to death in the rectum.

im just a weeeeee bit odd, thats all... and i enjoy it... if you dont, sorry... didnt mean to offend anyone, aside from myself...

and i did a damn good job, im f***in pissed off at me, can you imagine someone calling you a drunk asshole piece of s*** moron and a f*** faced retard that should be shot to death in the recturm....

wow

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
How many of you are going to be b****ing about this guy when he sucks at fielding on grass, and he can't hit major league pitching?

That very well may be the case. Gotta trust our scouts. I said that weeks ago.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
You do realize that fielding on turf is tougher than fielding on grass, right?

I realize that they are two completely different fielding apparatuses. He's probably never charged a ball in his life, which is a must to get runners out at this level.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
How many of you are going to be b****ing about this guy when he sucks at fielding on grass, and he can't hit major league pitching?

if that happens, i wont blam iguchi one bit... for a guy that has the kind of talent and potential he does... you put 6 mill on the line... i mean, s***... we gave borchard 5 million... borchard hasnt had anywhere near the success that iguchi has...

i like the risk/reward factor and for a 3 mil per year loss (at most) you take it.

if that happens, i wont blam iguchi one bit... for a guy that has the kind of talent and potential he does... you put 6 mill on the line... i mean, s***... we gave borchard 5 million... borchard hasnt had anywhere near the success that iguchi has...

i like the risk/reward factor and for a 3 mil per year loss (at most) you take it.

Agreed. Borchard got a $5 million signing bonus and he got cut from a Mexican League. :puke

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
for a guy that has the kind of talent and potential he does...

This guy has had exactly two good years in the Japanese league. I believe he went 1-19 against major league pitchers in the Japan vs. MLB classic.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)

Well you can't blame KW for that. If we sign Iguchi, I don't want to hear anything about KW not getting it done this time around. If we get him, KW's done absolutely everything he intended on doing this offseason.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
Well you can't blame KW for that.  If we sign Iguchi, I don't want to hear anything about KW not getting it done this time around.  If we get him, KW's done absolutely everything he intended on doing this offseason.

if KW dosent sign iguchi, i give him an A for this offseason

if KW does sign iguchi, i give him an A for this offseason

kenny has done a great job this year, and iguchi would be a little icing on the cake that could pan out to be a cherry.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Well you can't blame KW for that.  If we sign Iguchi, I don't want to hear anything about KW not getting it done this time around.  If we get him, KW's done absolutely everything he intended on doing this offseason.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people on this board saying that KW wasted money on Iguchi if he fails, namely Anthrax.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)
This guy has had exactly two good years in the Japanese league.  I believe he went 1-19 against major league pitchers in the Japan vs. MLB classic.

didnt robin ventura hit something like 0 for his first 40+ MLB atbats? just because he didnt have sucess in such a small sample size (19 at bats) dosent mean you dont give him a look and seriously consider his prior accomplishments.... even more so if your scouts are saying he could hack it in the leauge

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
didnt robin ventura hit something like 0 for his first 40+ MLB atbats? just because he didnt have sucess in such a small sample size (19 at bats) dosent mean you dont give him a look and seriously consider his prior accomplishments.... even more so if your scouts are saying he could hack it in the leauge

Robin had an 0-43 stretch early in his first full season in the bigs.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)

Prior accomplishments? We're talking about two years in the Japanese league, before that, he did very little. Gabe Kapler is going to tear up the Japanese league; alot of washed up major leaguers have gone to japan and hit well. Our MLB all-stars who went to japan criticized Iguchi for not being able to catch up with MLB heat. Our scouts have invested alot of praise in players that didn't pan out, as have scouts for every major league team. It's hit or miss with this type of guys. Why not trade or sign someone where you know exactally what you're getting?

Prior accomplishments?  We're talking about two years in the Japanese league, before that, he did very little.  Gabe Kapler is going to tear up the Japanese league; alot of washed up major leaguers have gone to japan and hit well.  Our MLB all-stars who went to japan criticized Iguchi for not being able to catch up with MLB heat.  Our scouts have invested alot of praise in players that didn't pan out, as have scouts for every major league team.  It's hit or miss with this type of guys.  Why not trade or sign someone where you know exactally what you're getting?

What second baseman is available right now through a trade?