Willie Harris Article

DBAHO

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
Please stop it, you tickle me.

Then take your own advice. You disagreed with what I wrote, don't respond.  'Don't like it... don't respond, it's pretty simple', remember?

But as usual, you get proven wrong and get hot headed, typical.

I don't expect a reply since you've 'moved on'.  I need the bathroom, my bladder.

I'm still lurking.. not that this belongs here.. but since the idiot accountants are lollygagging.. I'll play.

First.. check the source of that tickle. I don't touch strays.

Second.. I don't have a problem with responding to you. Like I said.. boring day at the office today.

Third.. wrong..? My opinion is wrong. Ok.. :dips*** smiley.

Fourth.. hot headed. LMAO.. I wish cause it's about 40 degrees in my office right now and I could use the heat.

And finally.. keep the feet up. I can only imagine how deep the s*** is in there..

:usa

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its strange how different people can read the same article and come up with a different interpretation.

To me it seems all Willie wants is a chance to win the starting position.

He never says, "I should be the starter"

He only says "I want a chance to compete"

If that is whining, then once again I have forgotten what the term means. He states facts about how is ab's were sporadic and that is not a very good thing if you want some one to do a consistent job. Perhaps some players can do it, but there is a reason why even good pinch hitters generally have a low ba.

Also, every one is just posting conjecture on what the White Sox staff thinks. From what I have been told, Greg Walker has no problem with Harris.

::shrugs::

I just love how everyone has shipped Harris for a product most have never even seen for 1 minute.

What happens if Iguchi sucks and Harris turns the corner this year?

We threw away Harris just because, Ozzie does not like him.

By the way:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG TB

Guillen first year:

150 491 71 134 21 9 1 33 7 4 12 36 .273 .291 .358 176

Harris first year:

129 409 68 107 15 2 2 27 19 7 51 79 .262 .343 .323 132

Guess the Sox should of just thrown Guillen away because his OBP was under .300, he had under 10 steals, and so on and so forth.

He sucks burn him, give rookies no chance to develop at the majors!

Lol

SB

Somebody will take him on because he can run, he bats left-handed and he can play the outfield as well as second base.

Even if he is a turd, the Sox need to be quiet and not diminish the little remaining value he has left.

Let him play a bit in spring training to create some interest. Then deal his butt.

But we still need to find a veteran utility infielder.

Iguchi is no sure thing -- and we need a backup shortstop better than Valdez.

This is exactly why the article pissed me off. Willie is killing his trade value for the Sox with his stupid comments. If every other team out there knows that Willie is unhappy and could start to be a cancer to the team, they won't offer as much for him in a trade. :angry:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
This is exactly why the article pissed me off.  Willie is killing his trade value for the Sox by these stupid comments.  If every other team out there knows that Willie is unhappy and could start to be a cancer to the team, they won't offer as much for him in a trade. :angry:

I think Willie's days are numbered here regardless.. his way of dealing with that will be to bust his ass and have a good spring. Which.. will hopefully lure someone to him. After that is where the problem lies. When he starts doing good is when his attitude starts to kill him. If we can get rid of him before that it will be a good thing.

Harris's comments have done nothing to hurt his trade value.

Here is what hurts his trade value:

Multiple times other people were traded for to replace him.

Sox expect player that has never had 1 ab in MLB to already eclipse Harris's totals.

Harris is completely disrespected by the White Sox.

Harris is seen as so unvaluable that even after watching Kaz Matsui, the White Sox are going to be willing to enter 2005 with out a realistic 2b replacement.

SB

OMG, seriously please stop, I'm gonna wet my pants.

I'd take you for another spin but I'm out of quarters.

Ok, now you go.....

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
I'm still lurking.. not that this belongs here.. but since the idiot accountants are lollygagging.. I'll play.

First.. check the source of that tickle. I don't touch strays.

Second.. I don't have a problem with responding to you. Like I said.. boring day at the office today.

Third.. wrong..? My opinion is wrong. Ok.. :dips*** smiley.

Fourth.. hot headed. LMAO.. I wish cause it's about 40 degrees in my office right now and I could use the heat.

And finally.. keep the feet up. I can only imagine how deep the s*** is in there..

:usa

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
And tell him to take his oversized, stan mikita, short bus helmet with him.

Oh Lord.. now you've gone and insulted the SB riders.. hopefully LosMediasBlancas wont be too hard on you.. :lol:

Harris's comments have done nothing to hurt his trade value.

Here is what hurts his trade value:

Multiple times other people were traded for to replace him.

Sox expect player that has never had 1 ab in MLB to already eclipse Harris's totals.

Harris is completely disrespected by the White Sox.

Harris is seen as so unvaluable that even after watching Kaz Matsui, the White Sox are going to be willing to enter 2005 with out a realistic 2b replacement.

SB

Oh please, give it a rest. :rolly That's the biggest load of bs I've ever heard. Ever heard of being a team player and accepting your role? It's not like Willie set the world on fire and earned the starting spot at 2nd base. There's a reason the Sox benched Willie -- HE WASN'T PRODUCING!!!

This is just great.

In the 2 years or so I have been posting on this board I have never seen a player become so hated over conjecture and hearsay as Willie Harris.

There is not one of you who would appreciate being told:

"Hey your going to be doing this job"

And then for 2 years straight have it taken away from you for whatever reason your boss could come up with that day.

The fact that Harris still is willing to play and to try and win a starting job should dismiss any of the fabrications that you hear, but then again the human mind is so simple.

If you repeat simple phrases enough, people will start to believe them.

I guess its easier for people to say:

Harris has a bad ego.

Than to say:

Well if you look at Harris's stats, its puzzeling why Ozzie is so down on him. It took Ozzie 2 full seasons to have 20 sbs, yet Willie had 19 in his first. Willie also had a much better OBP than Ozzie, and a slightly lower BA.

I guess the saying goes;

Does as I say, not as I do.

Because if we were this hard on every young player the White Sox have ever had, we wouldnt have any left.

But then again, I guess all of you did your job perfect from day 1 and never needed to learn anything.

SB

Jabroni,

Your name speaks for itself.

Name a time, day, or game where Harris did not accept his role?

Name a game where you saw him not run out a pop up, or give an all out performance at a position?

All I saw from Willie last year was a guy that was willing to do anything for the team, regardless of what he was asked.

Not many players can go from 2b, to CF.

Not many players would even entertain that thought.

Willie did it, and he gave it his best.

Maybe hes not the best player, but prove to me that he Harris has not accepted his role.

Or do you mean the fact that Harris does not accept that he can not win the starting position?

Because I would want my players to always want to be the starter and work for that position.

Once again, hearsay and conjecture.

What we have here is summary judgement.

SB

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
LOL, that sound I just heard must have been the steam off your head when you read 'oversized.'

Actually it was laughter as I read the PM's telling me to "ignore the jagoff".

Personally.. I didn't take your BS personally. Oh well..

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
LOL, that sound I just heard must have been the steam off your head when you read 'oversized.'

The problem with Harris was that he was supposed to be a typical small ball player. Yeah, Harris is fast, but how many times last year did we see willie fail to get a bunt down? How many times did he steal a meaningful stolen base? sure he had 19 SBs, but they came at times when they didnt matter. Harris just isnt a good base stealer. also, he hit only 2 triples and 15 doubles. My biggest beef with harris over the past year was the amount he popped up. Hit the ball on teh ground and get your base hits. At any rate, what should the Sox get in return if they do trade harris? maybe urbina as has been rumored, or maybe they can package him with a prospect like sweeney and garland for a good #2 type starter.

SB...

Nothing I say of do will change your mind, and that's cool.. but Willie caused a lot of bad blood with him and his employer. No.. I've not been perfect at my job.. but when I do something wrong I take the advice and change the errors.

Willie - I know for a fact - is not receptive to questions about his behavior and attitude.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
This is just great.

In the 2 years or so I have been posting on this board I have never seen a player become so hated over conjecture and hearsay as Willie Harris.

There is not one of you who would appreciate being told:

"Hey your going to be doing this job"

And then for 2 years straight have it taken away from you for whatever reason your boss could come up with that day.

The fact that Harris still is willing to play and to try and win a starting job should dismiss any of the fabrications that you hear, but then again the human mind is so simple.

If you repeat simple phrases enough, people will start to believe them.

I guess its easier for people to say:

Harris has a bad ego.

Than to say:

Well if you look at Harris's stats, its puzzeling why Ozzie is so down on him. It took Ozzie 2 full seasons to have 20 sbs, yet Willie had 19 in his first. Willie also had a much better OBP than Ozzie, and a slightly lower BA.

I guess the saying goes;

Does as I say, not as I do.

Because if we were this hard on every young player the White Sox have ever had, we wouldnt have any left.

But then again, I guess all of you did your job perfect from day 1 and never needed to learn anything.

SB

Spare the violins, its a tough world, if he is as good as you say then he will prosper. But not for this team. Tough luck, move on. its over. I simply do not understand how everyone gets attached to players around here. Its like people care about these players. Willie Harris does not care about you. Its really not about players anymore its about the team and winning. When you don't win then changes need to be made despite your love for a player. It really doesn't make a difference if he got a fair shot or not. the sox are trying to field the best team. they think he doesn't fit, thats it. he will be gone whether fans like him or not. One day your loved the next day your not. See sammy sosa.

Soxbadger, I'm just not a big Willie fan. The guy thinks he's an All-Star when he has never even sniffed hitting .300. The guy was at Sox Fest with his "handlers" and he was signing autographs while he was talking on his cell phone. We don't need any egomaniacs on this team that think they're the sh*t. We need team chemistry.

I think it has more to do with how the TEAM is percieved by those outside of the organization. We don't want a reputation that we jerk players around, or say one thing in the press and then turn around and act completely different the next month.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
Spare the violins, its a tough world, if he is as good as you say then he will prosper. But not for this team. Tough luck, move on. its over. I simply do not understand how everyone gets attached to players around here. Its like people care about these players. Willie Harris does not care about you. Its really not about players anymore its about the team and winning. When you don't win then changes need to be made despite your love for a player. It really doesn't make a difference if he got a fair shot or not. the sox are trying to field the best team. they think he doesn't fit, thats it. he will be gone whether fans like him or not. One day your loved the next day your not. See sammy sosa.