Do you guys think we need to awnser

kwill

i dont konw about you guys but for some reason i am still hoping for kenny to pull off one more trade just to take the headlines away from the sosa deal. I believe that the sox dominated the headlines in chicago this offseason, and i would like to see kenny make a trade just to keep the momentum going in our favor. It doesnt sound to logical but i was wondering if anyone else felt this way. I think we still have major pawns to play either now or at the deadline. I think we should keep willie for now and see how crede plays in the first half. IF he doesnt produce we could ship him out at the deadline, iguchi to ss, and put willie back in. I believe the sox could get alot for crede in return. Anyone have these thoughts or am i the only who thinks this way??

By the way who here wants to just kick the s*** out of all the critics who are nto giving kenny credit for remaking the club. He has done a terrific job this offseason but no one gives him props.

QUOTE(kwill @ Jan 29, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
i dont konw about you guys but for some reason i am still hoping for kenny to pull off one more trade just to take the headlines away from the sosa deal. I believe that the sox dominated the headlines in chicago this offseason, and i would like to see kenny make a trade just to keep the momentum going in our favor. It doesnt sound to logical but i was wondering if anyone else felt this way. I think we still have major pawns to play either now or at the deadline. I think we should keep willie for now and see how crede plays in the first half. IF he doesnt produce we could ship him out at the deadline, iguchi to ss, and put willie back in. I believe the sox could get alot for crede in return. Anyone have these thoughts or am i the only who thinks this way??

By the way who here wants to just kick the s*** out of all the critics who are nto giving kenny credit for remaking the club. He has done a terrific job this offseason but no one gives him props.

First off welcome, Secondly, I honestly could care less who's getting the headlines, I just want to win.

Absolutely NO. Why make a move for the sake of making a move? That's ridiculous. The only way KW would deal is if he 100% believes we are a better team after the deal is complete, not just to steal headlines. That's why we have Brooks Boyer. :bang

QUOTE(kwill @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)

I think the best part about this offseason was that most of if not all of the moves we made weren't "headliners", they were just solid acquisitions that filled our needs. For example, all of the articles I have read that rate or grade offseason moves the Sox aren't even mentioned because they didn't make what most people would call "impact" moves. I think in the long run our collection of solid moves will prove to be more valuable to our club than just the signing of one big name. At the beginning of the offseason I hoped and prayed for RJ or Beltran but looking back on it now I couldn't be happier with the way the offseason has gone so far. As far as the cubs are concerned, f*** em, they'll finish 3rd again this year.

Absurd.

That's a first class ticket to running your team into the dirt.

So, no, I don't think we should make a move to "steal" the headlines; and no, I don't want to kick the s*** out of all the critics would don't give Kenny credit for remaking his club.

:puke

Reacting to what the Cubs do is the biggest mistake The Sox could make. As a matter of fact there have been times in the past when they've done just that and its never gone well. We have our own identity, to hell with the Cubs.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 30, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
The Mets are the only club in baseball that cares more about the headlines than the W column -- We've seen how that's worked out for them.

The Mets trying to outshine the Yankees before the launch of the Mets Network in 2006. Fred Wilpon would have to be one of the worst owners in baseball, as he basically made his GM Duquette do the Zambrano for Kazmir deal.

KWILL......Welcome aboard.....I don't post too often, but do alot of reading here.

I'm pretty happy with what Kenny Williams has done this offseason except for trading Carlos Lee. Another real good starting pitcher would make me even happier.

I agree with your thoughts on Willie Harris & Joe Crede.

I love the "Flying Under The Radar " idea so could care less what the newspapers have to say. I'm only interested in the White Sox kickin' some major booty on the ball field :fight

Very impatiently waiting for some White Sox baseball :bringit