Kenny already looking for trade in july

chisox2334

I think Kenny had a bit of a chip on his shoulders when he started as GM. He was young, black, and unproven. Many people thought Dan Evans should've been the GM. He has definitely matured through his years and I applaud him on his ability to make the big trade and try to make a winner with what he has.

For those of you that don't like him, fine, don't like him. But, my guess is you haven't liked any GM for nearly 90 years, since we haven't won in that long. Do you also dislike the managers, owners, players, trainers, coaches, etc. in that same span?

I think Kenny had a bit of a chip on his shoulders when he started  as GM.  He was young, black, and unproven.  Many people thought Dan Evans should've been the GM.  He has definitely matured through his years and I applaud him on his ability to make the big trade and try to make a winner with what he has.

For those of you that don't like him, fine, don't like him.  But, my guess is you haven't liked any GM for nearly 90 years, since we haven't won in that long.  Do you also dislike the managers, owners, players, trainers, coaches, etc. in that same span?

At First I was a KW backer... Back in the day. Now I watch as we changed Mangers, and still the same results, instead of Changing players first between 01-04 Nothing major changed in regards to players.. KW threw out there the same "core" of players, making no changes exepct for renting a pitcher for a season..Kw never realized that having 6 power hitting RHB and no OBP guys doesn't work.

Finally in 2004 offseason KW realized that he needs to shake things up, with Ozzie telling him the same thing. And He has.. I commend him for that.. Just not the way he went about doing it. We have a "hope" team in 2005 .. We all hope that we can stay healthy.. I know some here will say every team says that.. But our team is the biggest team that needs to stay healthy because of lack of a good farm system that can help out, when a player goes down.

But our team is the biggest team that needs to stay healthy because of  lack of a good farm system that can help out, when a player goes down.

I'm not so sure there aren't 29 other teams, and their fans, feeling the same way.

The Sox have excellent depth in the outfield, and when I say depth I mean guys who can come up and likely produce vs. a green kid with zero experience.

Catching is way deeper than it's been in years. The Sox have Burke, Widger, and Casanova waiting in the wings if Pierzynski or Davis get hurt.

Bullpen ... there are arms that can come up and contribute, like Bajenaru, Adkins, Walker, Diaz, Munoz. None are studs, that's why they're reserves but they are guys who can contribute.

I am concerned about infield depth and starting pitching depth, although the starting pitching depth has been bolstered where it needs to be ... in Chicago.

I just love how people around soxtalk in general are ready to hand out the 05 gm of the year award to Kenny before we have won a game yet. He should be working on July stuff already. That's the nature of the business. This is why I got so pissed when Jerry Angelo said that he ws "tired" of looking in free agency. If that's true, get the hell out.

I'm not so sure there aren't 29 other teams, and their fans, feeling the same way.

The Sox have excellent depth in the outfield, and when I say depth I mean guys who can come up and likely produce vs. a green kid with zero experience.

Catching is way deeper than it's been in years.  The Sox have Burke, Widger, and Casanova waiting in the wings if Pierzynski or Davis get hurt.

Bullpen ... there are arms that can come up and contribute, like Bajenaru, Adkins, Walker, Diaz, Munoz.  None are studs, that's why they're reserves but they are guys who can contribute.

I am concerned about infield depth and starting pitching depth, although the starting pitching depth has been bolstered where it needs to be ... in Chicago.

Jim, What is the most important part to winning in baseball?? Pitching.. and what is our biggest concern..in regards to health.. SP

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
Year 1- Fail

Year 2- Fail

Year 3- Fail

Maybe he should rethink his "charts"

I was wondering when you would bust in on the KW lovefest. Haters can just smell boards and topics like this.

At least KW does something, if he didnt do anything you would be b****ing about that too. I think out of all of the teams in our division, as well as the cross town crybabies we had the best off season. Good job KW, I look forward to his next move.

Jim, What is the most important part to winning in baseball?? Pitching.. and what is our biggest concern..in regards to health.. SP

Three ways to look at it, actually three scenarios.

The ideal scenario is what they accomplished ... veteran proven guys, 1-5, in the rotation and ready to go. Locked up contract wise, I might add.

2nd scenario is to do what they did last year ... try to have a prospect fill the #5 hole (Dan Wright) and go with scrap heap guys like Schoeneweis. Not good.

3rd scenario is having a bunch of prospects, hanging onto them for dear life, and telling your fans "we are going to live and die with these prospects. If they do well, we will do well. If they don't, that's life."

None of the three are perfect but I will take Scenario #1, which is what they did.

Given a proven 1-5 rotation, you should have an emergency starter or two tucked away at the back end of your bullpen, or at AAA. This is ideal. It can be argued Hermanson is that guy, or even Adkins. So, they are not totally without depth. But it's as not as much as I'd like.

However, we are still in February and it's a bit unfair to crucify them for not having enough depth, i.e. a #6 and #7 starter all lined up. Lots of transactions go down in spring training.

The same scenario applies for infield depth. Guys will become available, and cheaper than they are now. And I think there is a certain amount of value to giving your organizational guys a shot, like Valdez, Ozuna, or some of these fringe pitchers.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
At least KW does something, if he didnt do anything you would be b****ing about that too.  I think out of all of the teams in our division, as well as the cross town crybabies we had the best off season.  Good job KW, I look forward to his next move.

Agreed. KW has made some poor decisions (Ritchie, Clayton, Koch), has had a few good ideas blow up in his face (Wells, Alomar), and has made some brilliant moves (Shingo, Uribe, Garcia) over the years. He may not be the most savvy GM out there, but I'll take his aggressive approach over Schueler's crappy "The Kids Can Play" squads any day.

While Soxfest turned into a KW lovefest, a previous poster is right, the team hasn't won one game yet. A lot of things can go wrong with this team, as they every team, especially with a limited budget. I think the team has a chance, I also think people here are overvaluing Dye, who has had some great seasons, but has been mediocre at best since his injury. Podsednik has to prove his rookie year wasn't a fluke, and he can't get hurt, because if he does, this speed team everyone is talking about will suddenly be no speedier than last years model. The new secondbaseman has never had an at bat in the major leagues, and will be living in a new country so it may take a while for him to adjust, although he is a better option imo than what they had. Uribe is going to have to play a lot and can't slip off his 2004 performance. Rowand must continue to grow. El Duque is going to have to remain healthy. Contreras is going to have to get more consistent. Garland has to improve. Garcia is going to have to pitch better than he did after the trade. The bullpen, looking at them individually and as a whole, could be awesome, but also could be a disaster. Fortunately, every team in the Central is loaded with question marks, and at least with the White Sox question marks its not that far fetched to think the players can be successful. Chances are though, some will dissapoint, and some will probably get hurt. I just wonder if the consensus writer/columnist opinion actually occurs and the Sox finish 3rd or 4th, will the people showing KW the love at Soxfest this year, be ripping him apart at the next one? Or will he even still be around ?

This is what makes baseball great. 162 game marathon, let's see who can get it done over the long haul.

Some guys will rise to the challenge and some will fall by the wayside. Chemistry will also play a big part, this team has quite a few new players and spring training will be important.