League 4 - look at first post

knightni

(IT WILL BE A LIVE DRAFT and HEAD TO HEAD)

Soxtalk ID-AOL IM ID

1. knightni* - knightni73 X

2. Goldmember - nekkid twistah X

3. chimpy2121 - Alpineglow21 X

4. Venom Sox - venomsox X

5. Beastly - DGSmUsTaNgBoY79 X

6. Ozzie Montana - bachatero_09 X

7. thelatinoheat_30 - twistedwrister25 X

8. TheBlackSox8 - onedude84 X

9. farmteam - ItalyAsstGM X

10. Hall of Famer - sO uths ideR9 X

11. ZoomSlowik - ZoomSlowik X

12. SoxFan101 - Mikhail Pwns X

You've all been PMed.

If you decide not to play, please let me know ASAP so I can find someone else.

I'll have 2 open spots for newbies as of right now.

If you want one of them, PM me here at soxtalk with your AOL IM.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
i dont think im going to get any white sox players because they will be overated in an all white sox fan draft.

Maybe so. I can't remember a rush to get Bulls or Bears players in the other soxtalk drafts (I know not everyone here is a Bulls or Bears fan, but it is still a majority). I guess we'll know if a Sox player is taken in the first 5 rounds. :D

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Maybe so. I can't remember a rush to get Bulls or Bears players in the other soxtalk drafts (I know not everyone here is a Bulls or Bears fan, but it is still a majority). I guess we'll know if a Sox player is taken in the first 5 rounds. :D

Only player worth going within the first five rounds from the sox is an ex-sox player, carlos lee.

If I remember right yahoo has like a 10 inning weekly minimum. Personally I don't care if someone loads up on relievers trying to steal stats, although I would lean towards that rule rather than against. Odds are if someone tries to do that there are at least two weak pitchers in the mix, or they just give up on the strategy after some bad results and grab some FA starters. All you have to do against that strategy is be selective with your starters to get either ERA or WHIP because wins and K's are pretty much a lock. It's really a terrible strategy because you need to have a pretty good offense to get it to work, and you gotta grab at least one, preferrably two or three of the top closers cause you need relievers that strike out a lot of people (ie Gagne, Lidge, Wagner).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(farmteam @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
Should be fun.

I can think of a couple Sox players who could be taken in the first 5 rounds, depending on when there is a rush of a certain position.

If any white sox players are taken within the first five rounds i will be laughing at whoever takes them. A lot.

i guess if someone really wants to they could take buehrle 5th round but thats the only guy on the white sox id even think of taking. Last year with my last pick overall i took Joe Crede and even though i drafted Roy halladay and Prior... Crede was my biggest dissapointment.

I also drafted Texiera and Santana but dropped them b4 they started owning :crying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...