Juan Uribe

DBAHO

Interesting news here from Ozzie;

Nothing is permanent at this juncture, but Guillen said Friday his Opening Day lineup would start with shortstop Juan Uribe followed by left fielder or center fielder Scott Podsednik if the Sox are facing a left-handed pitcher, or he'd flip-flop the two against a righty.

After that, it would go: right fielder Jermaine Dye, first baseman Paul Konerko, designated hitter Carl Everett, left/center fielder Aaron Rowand, Pierzynski, third baseman Joe Crede and the winner of the Tadahito Iguchi/Willie Harris battle at second.

"We've got to see how that works in spring training (but) that's what I have in mind right now," Guillen said.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
I could see Aaron leading off vs some LHP but not Uribe. Ozzie must be confused

Considering the Southtown left out Pierzynski as well, it's probably not going to happen anyways.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 06:50 AM)
Interesting news here from Ozzie;

If true, this is a dumb idea. Juan batted .264 against lefties with a .302 obp, while batting .293 with a .340 obp against righties. If Ozzie wants to bat scott 2nd against lefties, gooch should be leading off imo.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
If true, this is a dumb idea.  Juan batted .264 against lefties with a .302 obp, while batting .293 with a .340 obp against righties.  If Ozzie wants to bat scott 2nd against lefties, gooch should be leading off imo.

Yeah, im not sure what the hell ozzie is thinking. He'll figure it out though.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
It seems the only thing that has remained consistent is Dye batting 3rd which I have a huge problem with. Myself, if Frank is not ready obviously, Rowand 3rd followed by Konerko, Everett,  then Dye. Just me, though.

I dont see why you would put dye so far down. He will probably have the second most RBI on the team.

QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
I dont see why you would put dye so far down.  He will probably have the second most RBI on the team.

Seems to me like there is a reason he has hardly ever batted third in his career. That is not where he is best suited for.

QUOTE(Bridgeport Sox @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
I would think people would want Rowand 3rd sometimes. Just because you would have 3 speedy guys at the top. I tend to see it as a good idea also, but its still a good idea to put a power guy there. Hopefully PK, but thats just my opinion :gosox2:

PK is not a 3 hole hitter. If Podsednik or Iguchi get on base and PK is first pitch swinging and hitting routine grounders, that's a ton of DP's. PK is best suited to hit 4-6, IMO.