ESPN Preseason Power Rankings

YoungstownIndians

QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
You know what pisses me off is you guys can never realize or accept the fact about things.

You guys say the Indians MAY finish fourth. s***.....

You are just saying that because you are pissed in every single preseason poll the Indians are ahead of the Sox.

Sorry if you don't like it that way but it is true.

Say all the s*** you want you guys may be competing for the 3rd spot with Detroit.

I try to be fair but you guys flip out so I will to.

Your Sox offense SUCKS.

You guys have, watch out, Jose Contreas and Garcia. Oh I am trembling......

April 4, 2005 tells the whole story. INDIANS WIN!

Want biased indian predictions? Indians.com wtf do you expect here? Do you want us to agree with the rankings?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
I think the Indians will have a better pitching staff than everyone thinks, but they'll finish in 3rd.

i agree. sabathia and lee are young and have good stuff; they're more likely to get better (or injured) than worse.

but i still think we'll finish ahead of them.

Can we please ban this clown?

It was fun for awhile, but its getting real old.

He doesn't add anything to any arguement he is in. Its always "The Indians are better than the Sox so deal with it."

Never once have I seen any baseball analysis or any general sports knowledge come out of him.

If you think the Indians are going to be better than the Sox, let's see it statisicly, or, let's hear an actual arguement based off of some analysis or baseball knowhow.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Can we please ban this clown?

It was fun for awhile, but its getting real old.

He doesn't add anything to any arguement he is in.  Its always "The Indians are better than the Sox so deal with it."

Never once have I seen any baseball analysis or any general sports knowledge come out of him.

If you think the Indians are going to be better than the Sox, let's see it statisicly, or, let's hear an actual arguement based off of some analysis or baseball knowhow.

espn predictions are a good backing for his argument :rolly

I'll add my analysts. Here are my predictions. I am fair and balanced here.

1. TWINS 92-70

2. Indians 88-74

3. Sox 85-77

4. Tigers 79-83

5. Royals WHO CARES!

I posted these before and I still was trashed. And I was dead on last year so hopefully this year as well.

I also have CBS and a few others.

Edited by YoungstownIndians

QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
You know what pisses me off is you guys can never realize or accept the fact about things.

You are just saying that because you are pissed in every single preseason poll the Indians are ahead of the Sox.

Say all the s*** you want you guys may be competing for the 3rd spot with Detroit.

Your Sox offense SUCKS.

We're not pissed about anything...

If anything, us Sox fans know how much pre-season rankings mean -- we've been ranked at the top of our division, or close to it, the past three seasons. And where has it gotten us? I'd say 90% of this board realizes these rankings mean jack-s***, and you're a f***ing joke because you're the one taking them all seriously. The reason you see some b****ing from some of us on the board is because we think our team deserves a little more respect, that's all.

Say all the s*** you want, but you might be competing with KC for the fifth spot. Same goes with us. Both of our teams are huge question marks going into the season. I can honestly see both the Sox and Tribe both winning 92 games -- I can also see them both only winning 75 games.

But --

Your rotation includes Westbrook, who's had about one good season. Sabathia is solid, but the rest is question marks. Lee will never hold up for a whole season, Millwood is alright, but will he stay healthy, and Scott Elarton? Garland is much, much better than Elarton.

That doesn't mean our rotation is any better. Garcia has been inconsistent throughout his career, same with Contreras -- and Hernandez is solid, but will he stay healthy, sort of along the lines with Millwood. And, Buehrle is what Sabathia is to the Indians -- the only pitcher who can be considered a sure thing (or closest to it).

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
I'm glad that we picked up AJ Pierzynski for the blazing speed he brings to the table.

And, I'm sure as hell glad that Iguchi doesn't have any power whatsoever.

Oh yeah -- Uribe and Crede, no power there either.

Rowand?  Yeah, he's a grinder and a slasher, he's a hit it and run-it-out type of guy.

But hey, with the exception of Dye, Konerko, Pierzynski, Everett, Iguchi, Crede, Uribe, Everett, and Rowand -- our whole lineup up is full of hit-it and run-it-out type of guys.  Great assessment, Killa!

BTW -- Where've ya been?  I guess you didn't believe half of us in saying to give the offseason a chance to get started before you started b****ing.  Haven't seen much of you, lately, though.  Funny, isn't it...

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
You all need to lay off of the White Sox Kool-Aid. Anytime you have Frank Thomas on the shelf and you've lost a Maggs and a CLee, you're..... more than likely..... going to go down in power rankings. These White Sox fan sites have become eerily similar to Cub fan rantings lately. Haven't you heard? This is the Cubs' year.

With the exception of PK and arguably Dye, this line-up is full of hit-it and run-it-out types of guys. The Sox should be down in the power rankings.

And lets not write the Indians off before '05 starts. They finished..... what..... 3 games back of the Sox last year? And, I hate to say it, but the Indians should only get better.

b****, b****, b****, b****, b****. Go complain about Jerry some more because that's all you seem to care about.

QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
That was the past. See we took a nice 3 year rebuild very few teams have done ever. We are ready to contend. Okay and I will come back here day after day to talk Baseball. Come September I will still be here.

I am THAT CONFIDENT.

I am confident the Indians have their own message board.

No, you are not ready to contend, to even try to say you are with a straight face makes you look stupid.

You overperformed offensivly last season and ran out of gas. You're offense will not reproduce it's last year totals, not a chance, all the more power to you if you think they will, but be real here, take off the rose colored glasses.

I don't think the Sox are ready to contend, and top to bottom we have a better pitching staff than you, and as we all know, pitching wins, not hitting.

Honest fact, NOBODY in the AL Central can contend with the likes of the Yankees or Boston...not on paper, not in the field. Everything we have, they have better. Not the White Sox, not the Twins, not the Indians.

Could any one of our teams have a dream season? Absolutly, and that's what we have to hope for...all the blocks have to fall into place, injuries have to be avoided, etc. The Yankees and Boston are SO stacked, they can afford injury...nobody in the ALC can.

THAT is what's called being honest when posting. Not me simply refuting everything you say without any substance as to why I'm refuting it.

Didn't these same experts pick the Cubs to win the WS last year? Wait...the Cubs didn't even make the playoffs. Wow...if that's what it is to make "expert" picks...I'm the greatest expert of all time.

Heres to hoping for a dream season. Believe me, to contend in this non-salary cap league...we NEED to rely on the dream season to win.

Period.

Now take your "The Indians are ready to contend BS" and get the F out, post it on your own board where you own "rose colored" peeps can share in it's blind joy. Ready to contend for what? 2nd place? Idiot.

-y2

-y2

QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
That was the past. See we took a nice 3 year rebuild very few teams have done ever. We are ready to contend. Okay and I will come back here day after day to talk Baseball. Come September I will still be here.

I am THAT CONFIDENT.

QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
I'll add my analysts. Here are my predictions. I am fair and balanced here.

1. TWINS 92-70

2. Indians 88-74

3. Sox 85-77

4. Tigers 79-83

5. Royals WHO CARES!

I posted these before and I still was trashed. And I was dead on last year so hopefully this year as well.

I also have CBS and a few others.

:lolhitting :lolhitting

That's not analysis Einstein; those are predictions.

You do know what baseball is right?

Can you describe a ground rule double for us?

What a goof. :headshake :headshake :puke

Your Sox offense SUCKS.

Millwood, Elarton, Lee.

Laughing my f***ing ass off!!

Our offense scored the third most runs in the league last season with Frank and Maggs missing 198 games ASSHOLE!!!!!

Dye>52 games of Maggs, Borchard, Timo

162 Games of Rowand> 140 games of Rowand slumping in the first tow months

Lee>Podsednik, but they are two completely different players

Uribe>Valentin

the 2005 version of Crede can't be worse than the 2004 version

Konerko is back this year.

Iguchi could be better than Harris and Uribe at second.

AJ>>>Burke and Davis

Garcia is the third best pitcher in the Central, and how did Contreras pitch against your s***f*** team last season you f***ing troll?

Thought so.

Just wait until the f***ing games are played this year.

:bringit :gosox1:

Edited by santo=dorf

what espn people and tribe fans dont go over is what we lost who did something last year and what we added

Lost:

Carlos Lee

i would say maggz and valentin but maggz was hurt for 2/3rds of the year and valentin sucked.

Added:

Full Seasons of Garcia and Contreras

AJ Pieryznski

Tadahito Iguchi

Jermaine Dye

Scott Podsenick

Dustin Hermason

Luiz Vizcaino

El Duque

Carl Everett(really never had a chance to play much with us)

and assuming Frank is as good as reported thats adding a lot to a team that finished ahead of Cleveland last year so idont see why they wouldnt finish ahead by a farther margin to a team that just added.

Arthur Rhodes who sucks

Kevin Millwood who had a high era in the NL

and the amazing Aaron Boone who wasnt even that good as a yankee

also they lost vizquel and lawton who both were big contributers last year.

Your Sox offense SUCKS.

Yeah we are so angry that you are ahead of us in the poll. Its not like the games matter. Its all about the polls.

This guy is a troll. He comes on to our message board and bad mouths the sox. Ban this guy... nobody would give a s***.

I have no problem with people coming here and making good conversation while defending their team with some substance...but people like this guy, who come only to make bold predictions based on NOTHING absolutly need to be banned.

I have no problem with saying the Sox are one big ?, but the real question should be...what IF? If things fall into place for the Sox as we are all hoping they do, this COULD be one of the most dangerous teams in baseball. It's easy to simply say, yeah well this team is full of questionmarks, therefore the Indians will finish ahead of us. Really? Based on what, the fact you overperformed for a half season last year before running out of gas? Nice "prediction".

As previously stated, I have no problem with opposing viewpoints, as a matter of fact, I welcome them when well written/backed up with some actual baseball knowledge...they bring the dreams down to earth a bit.

-y2

QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
Yeah we are so angry that you are ahead of us in the poll.  Its not like the games matter.  Its all about the polls.

This guy is a troll.  He comes on to our message board and bad mouths the sox.  Ban this guy... nobody would give a s***.

Okay you say I should be banned since I DONT BACK UP WHAT I SAY?

Okay sure... I got ya there :nono

Now to say you only lost Lee is pathetic. Maggs, despite playing only a third of the year, and Valentin who helped you win games, 3 Game Winners against my team on homeruns; they are all big losses.

I say my rotation is not as good as year,

I say my bullpen is about the same as you. {And Trust Me It Is! We loaded it up!}

I say my offense is better than you.

Okay I admit your rotation from top to bottom is a bit better than the Indians. You guys have more experience so Kudos to you on that.

Now What hits me is you think the Indians don't have a good offense.

To say Victor Martinez and Travis Hafner had Break Out years is lame. They had an average .300 average from A-MLB.

Now this lineup is loaded whether you like it or not.

Crisp, Belliard, Broussard, Martinez, Hafner, Blake, Gonzalez, Boone, and Peralta {AAA MVP}

Now I am always shaky with out 6-9 hitters. Blake has proven he can stay at .290 for a whole year. Gonzalez, if healthly, could really give us the insurance in the back. Our 8-9 will be average. I admit it.