Every American Should Be Pissed

Texsox

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 06:21 AM)
Good chocolate, cheese, and sausages too.

But the beer - OH, THE BEER...!!!  :drink

As to the article, I'm much more pissed to hear that speaking freely in the American press cost the guy his job than I am about people pissing on GWB's likeness.  While there is some objection by Belgians according to the article, most telling is HOW LITTLE objection there really is.  The populace apparently understands that they have to host him and applaud politely and meet some minimal threshold of American appeasement, but they aren't going to feign love for the guy and they shouldn't have to.

Ah yes the Beer. I had this beauty when I was in Malaysia just over a year ago, probably the best I've ever tasted.

leffe_beer_glass.jpg

......................./´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯/`

........../'/.../..../....././¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........\.................../

............\..............(

..............\.............

Belgium!!!

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 04:03 AM)
......................./´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯/`

........../'/.../..../....././¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........\.................../

............\..............(

..............\.............

Belgium!!!

Damn I miss ASCII art.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
Laffo, that's pretty funny. Truth be told, if I entered a bathroom and saw a "Piss on Me: John Kerry" sticker, I'd probably do it quite eagerly. But then the sticker would probably lecture me for several minutes. f***.

You mean you'd do it liberally!

Just an observation not necessarily about anybody on the board but just in general.

It seems weird that it is deemed "patriotic" to call France a group of "cheese eating surrender monkeys" or "brie eating snail slurpers" but when somebody does it to the US, then its all of a sudden its wrong, evil, etc. etc. etc. If we can't take it, dare I say we don't dish it out. Just saying -- as a country, if we go about razzing other countries that aren't on board with our policies with insults etc., then its pretty thin skinned of us to not be able to take it in return.

And I'm with Cerb -- I'd love for more of these to come out with Kerry and the rest of corporate whores in our government. C'mon who wouldn't like to take a leak on Rick Santorum or Tom Delay and the rest of the idiots.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
Just an observation not necessarily about anybody on the board but just in general.

It seems weird that it is deemed "patriotic" to call France a group of "cheese eating surrender monkeys" or "brie eating snail slurpers" but when somebody does it to the US, then its all of a sudden its wrong, evil, etc. etc. etc.  If we can't take it, dare I say we don't dish it out.  Just saying -- as a country, if we go about razzing other countries that aren't on board with our policies with insults etc., then its pretty thin skinned of us to not be able to take it in return.

And I'm with Cerb -- I'd love for more of these to come out with Kerry and the rest of corporate whores in our government.  C'mon who wouldn't like to take a leak on Rick Santorum or Tom Delay and the rest of the idiots.

That's all well and good, until the next time an equivilient of the Gestapo is running France. When that happens, the French can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
That's all well and good, until the next time an equivilient of the Gestapo is running France.  When that happens, the French can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

An all or nothing foreign policy will work. Any country that doesn't 100% capitulate to US policies, wants, and desires is cut off forever. That should stop any country from going against US. Why have all this power if we don't use it?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
where were my purple heart band-aids again?

Nothing like making fun and casting doubt on every Purple Heart ever awarded. Oh wait, Out of the tens of thousands of recipients, Kerry's was the only one in question. :headshake

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
An all or nothing foreign policy will work. Any country that doesn't 100% capitulate to US policies, wants, and desires is cut off forever. That should stop any country from going against US. Why have all this power if we don't use it?

I see you didn't bother with green type. I agree with you, in a convaluted type way. I don't want to use our power to bail out France's ass again. We've done it twice and they still don't appreciate it. As I said ... let them rot in hell. We'll save our power for true allies. Thank you.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
I see you didn't bother with green type.  I agree with you, in a convaluted type way.  I don't want to use our power to bail out France's ass again.  We've done it twice and they still don't appreciate it.  As I said ... let them rot in hell.  We'll save our power for true allies.  Thank you.

And they've bailed us out twice. So, technically, we're even.

The nice thing is, we only have one or two on the planet, so we can save ourselves a lot in foreign aid that would be spent on food, raiment, shelter for our citizens. England, Spain, and a couple other small countries are still in, for now.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
Nothing like making fun and casting doubt on every Purple Heart ever awarded. Oh wait, Out of the tens of thousands of recipients, Kerry's was the only one in question.  :headshake

I was merely agreeing with his point that anyone can make anything they want, but I was ultimately saying all of that crap is worthless and devoid of anything positive.