Every American Should Be Pissed

Texsox

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
I was referring to Winodj and Flasoxxjim.

"Look over there guys, graves of Italian soldiers you can piss on next!"

Sorry, but that farkd image is a great synthesis of two really pathetic Bush moments in a long litany of pathetic Bush moments. Do you think the families of the 1,000+ American soldiers killed after Bush famously uttered "Mission Accomplished" feel he may have been a tad premature there?

And for anybody to have watched GWB grimace and wince as he brilliantly uttered his "You forgot Poland" quip in the debate and to have thought, 'Yep, that's my guy!'... well, that's a head scratcher.

Poland, the Big Kahuna of the Coalition of the Willing. Of course, compared to Azerbaijan and Eritrea, I guess that's not so far off.

El Salvador, Nicaragua and Colombia wouldn't have even signed on except they still need massive US $$ to fund their war on drugs. Friggin' Dream Team, that Coalition of the Willing. :headshake

And no curiosity on yor part as to why there were no Middle East countries in the Coalition, or why it hasn't been pointed out that Coalition countries like Ethiopia and Eritrea joined up in hopes of getting US support in the boundary dispute between them. Only outrage and indignation that I could be so callous toward 16 fallen Polish soldiers. Pragmatist that I am I direct most of my outrage at the Administration that lied about the reasons for going to war and had no post-Saddam plan and has bodies still piling up on all sides as a result.

so....you're still an ass for making fun of poland? k...thought so.

"Bush famously uttered "Mission Accomplished"" he never said that.

I have no doubt in my mind why countries like germany, russia, and france didn't attack iraq----------> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

don't act as if the "coalition of the UNwilling" were so altruistic in their reasons for NOT rescuing millions of people from the death grip of a mad man.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 08:47 AM)

"Bush famously uttered "Mission Accomplished""  he never said that.

I have no doubt in my mind why countries like germany, russia, and france didn't attack iraq----------> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

don't act as if the "coalition of the UNwilling" were so altruistic in their reasons for NOT rescuing millions of people from the death grip of a mad man.

OK, I'm an ass, and I'll continue to leave the personal attacks to you. k?

Yes, you're right, Bush didn't say "Mission Accomplished" on the deck of the Lincoln and I mis-spoke (or, rather mis-typed). And anyway, since Ari Fleischer soooo convincingly told us all that the banner only referred to the end of the Lincoln's deployment and had nothing to do With Fighter Pilot Bush’s farce of a day on that carrier.

As far as making fun of Poland… I was making fun of GWB. I won’t comment on your not being able to tell the difference because as I said, the personal attacks are your gig.

Here's some fresh news on the relations b/w Russia and America FWIW;

US President George W. Bush and and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin began a summit meeting today, with Washington concerned about Moscow's brand of democracy and its nuclear cooperation with Iran.

Mr Bush and Mr Putin, whose relations have cooled since the Iraq war, are expected to announce two deals - one to improve security at Russian nuclear sites and the other to curb the spread of shoulder-fired missiles.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
So Australia's still cool and down right PA? Just wanna make sure.  :ph34r:

why are you singling me out? I was just commenting on the inappropriate pictures that made light of what some elitists on this board deem a "inferior" country, who gave up some of their sons lives in the line of duty.

as for the MIA/POW "satire" more inappropriate behavior.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 07:47 AM)

"Bush famously uttered "Mission Accomplished""  he never said that.

Could it be they didn't join in our attack because their intelligence agencies were telling them there were no WMD and our data was faulty?

Would it be our responsibility to fight any war that they wanted to engage in? If the tables were reversed and France, Germany, or Russia came to the UN and said, hey let's destroy Country 323BZY, we have evidence they are a threat and need to be stopped. Do we say Yep, let's go get them, if we didn't believe they were a threat?

How many billions of dollars and thousands of lives do we spend "rescuing millions of people from the death grip of a mad man"? More bodies are piling up in the Sudan. Do we bankrupt our Social Security system to pay for rebuilding Iraq? Do we not rebuild our schools and instead build schools in Iraq? Do we stop research on Cancer, Aids, Parkinson's, to build police stations in Iraq and train their officers? How far do we harm America to help Iraq?

If rescuing people was such a big deal than why the hell aren't we in Sudan? Why aren't we taking out China and saving billions of people?

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 07:47 AM)

Well put. :notworthy

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 02:08 AM)
why are you singling me out? I was just commenting on the inappropriate pictures that made light of what some elitists on this board deem a "inferior" country, who gave up some of their sons lives in the line of duty.

I wasn't, or at least that wasn't what I intended. The term inferior for a country is a bit of an iffy subject as well. I can see your point about people ridiculing Poland, and how the families victims must be feeling, but people are always going to do that considering Poland isn't a large country like Russia or France.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
OK, I'm an ass, and I'll continue to leave the personal attacks to you. k?

Yes, you're right, Bush didn't say "Mission Accomplished" on the deck of the Lincoln and I mis-spoke (or, rather mis-typed).  And anyway, since Ari Fleischer soooo convincingly told us all that the banner only referred to the end of the Lincoln's deployment and had nothing to do With Fighter Pilot Bush’s farce of a day on that carrier.

As far as making fun of Poland… I was making fun of GWB.  I won’t comment on your not being able to tell the difference because as I said, the personal attacks are your gig.

pot meet kettle. don't act like you're so above "personal attacks".

Using Poland as the crux of your joke about GWB is what I think is pathetic. But of course I can't expect you to admit you're wrong...hell is baking nicely at 4000 degrees.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
Could it be they didn't join in our attack because their intelligence agencies were telling them there were no WMD and our data was faulty?

Would it be our responsibility to fight any war that they wanted to engage in? If the tables were reversed and France, Germany, or Russia came to the UN and said, hey let's destroy Country 323BZY, we have evidence they are a threat and need to be stopped. Do we say Yep, let's go get them, if we didn't believe they were a threat?

How many billions of dollars and thousands of lives do we spend "rescuing millions of people from the death grip of a mad man"? More bodies are piling up in the Sudan. Do we bankrupt our Social Security system to pay for rebuilding Iraq? Do we not rebuild our schools and instead build schools in Iraq? Do we stop research on Cancer, Aids, Parkinson's, to build police stations in Iraq and train their officers? How far do we harm America to help Iraq?

If rescuing people was such a big deal than why the hell aren't we in Sudan? Why aren't we taking out China and saving billions of people?

The WMD is always going to be a big negative for those against the war in Iraq. The fact is still to this day that they haven't found 1 single WMD, and that was what made our Prime Minister send troops in the Coalition of the Willing in the 1st place IIRC.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)

How about the billions of dollars we spent on rebuilding Japan and Germany after WW II?

You're presupposing that those things aren't happening domestically, and Social Security will be bankrupted because of the number of baby boomers vs. the lack of # of workers paying in to the system.

we don't have the resources to do everything at one time. the threat of terrorism centers on the middle east. I'll admit the $ has a lot to do with things.

so your answer would be to stop all funding to foreign countries and focus inwardly?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
How about the billions of dollars we spent on rebuilding Japan and Germany after WW II?

You're presupposing that those things aren't happening domestically,  and Social Security will be bankrupted because of the number of baby boomers vs. the lack of # of workers paying in to the system.

we don't have the resources to do everything at one time. the threat of terrorism centers on the middle east. I'll admit the $ has a lot to do with things.

so your answer would be to stop all funding to foreign countries and focus inwardly?

The answer to the Social Security problem is to raise the retirement age. When SS was founded, nobody expected people to live into their mid-80s. Our government can't support that type of a senior citizen welfare state.

Then again, that'll probably never happen because the AARP will fight against it vehemently and seniors comprise the largest voting block in the country.

Edited by TheBigHurt35

Rebuilding Japan and Germany was all about making money for yourselves further down the line. I haven't heard one of my history teachers say anything about propping up Japan and Germany after WW2 as being a great act of human interest. Japan was the only place left in Southeast asia that could have been setup as a economic friendly to the US.

Oh and we didn't go to War cause our country doesn't drop to it's knees in front of Bush and we're not stupid.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
pot meet kettle. don't act like you're so above "personal attacks".

Using Poland as the crux of your joke about GWB is what I think is pathetic. But of course I can't expect you to admit you're wrong...hell is baking nicely at 4000 degrees.

Where have I personally attacked a board member? Criticism of public figures are not personal attacks, nor are jokes that happen to impugn entire nations. Which by the way was not the case in any way here. "You forgot Poland" happened to be Bush's snappy retort, rather than "You forgot Estonia" etc. The dig is clearly directed at the Knucklehead-In-Chief and not at the fine people of Poland or the families who lost soldiers.

As for the toasty goodness of Hell, I guess I would have lots of company. How many people are getting into heaven anyway? 144K is a number some of the most rabid UberChristians bandy about, but maybe your ceiling is somewhat higher.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
The WMD is always going to be a big negative for those against the war in Iraq. The fact is still to this day that they haven't found 1 single WMD, and that was what made our Prime Minister send troops in the Coalition of the Willing in the 1st place IIRC.

Not entirely true. There was one confirmed sighting of a WMD in Iraq. He made a suprise visit there a couple of Thanksgivings ago.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)

You're presupposing that those things aren't happening domestically,  and Social Security will be bankrupted because of the number of baby boomers vs. the lack of # of workers paying in to the system.

I don't see where Japan and Germany come into this discussion unless you are operating on some "well we did it for them so we must do it for everyone" principle.

Social Security is going broke because we don't have enough money in the system. Yet we have virtually unlimited money to rebuild Iraq. You don't see a problem?? Imagine if we received an itemized bill for Iraq on our W-2s? Shouldn't Iraq rebuilding become bankrupt before Social Security? How about sorry Iraqi's but in 2006 we have to stop building your roads, were running out of money? Sorry Haliburton, this is your last contract. Yet we are telling our young people, we cannot support *you*.

Yes, many terrorists are of Middle Eastern decent. But how many are privately funded and how many are sitting in Toronto, Chicago, Los Angeles, Paris, London, Buenas Aries? I hope you aren't proposing that we somehow killed thousands of terrorists that were coming to our shores by attacking Iraq. The threat of terrorism is all around us. We need resources here, not trying to find groups spread out all over the globe. Terrorists are small, nimble, loosely organized, groups.

You didn't answer my question. Before Iraq, were we bound to join France, Germany, and Russia in whatever military action they desired, regardless of our interests?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)

It's not making light of people dying.

:headshake

It's a joke about how Bush responded to John Kerry's claim that there wasn't a large coalition at the beginning of the war. Bush just said "you forgot Poland," and then just stood there for a couple of seconds.

Pull your head out of your ass, and get off your f***ing high horse. :angry:

What the world needs now is love, sweet love

It's the only thing that there's just too little of

What the world needs now is love, sweet love,

No not just for some but for everyone.

Lord, we don't need another mountain,

There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb

There are oceans and rivers enough to cross,

Enough to last till the end of time.

No, not just for some but for everyone.

Lord, we don't need another meadow

There are cornfields and wheat fields enough to grow

There are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to shine

Oh listen, lord, if you want to know.

No, not just for some but for everyone.

No, not just for some, oh, but just for everyone

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
Where have I personally attacked a board member? 

How many people are getting into heaven anyway?  144K is a number some of the most rabid UberChristians bandy about, but maybe your ceiling is somewhat higher.

that's right, you hide behind a veil of quasi-I'm attacking the group not the individual BS.