Every American Should Be Pissed

Texsox

Which country DOESN'T have their own best interest in mind??? We act like the United States are the only ones who inact policies that look out for their own best interest first. We're just the biggest and the baddest, and that pisses beliguim and france off.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
I see you didn't bother with green type.  I agree with you, in a convaluted type way.  I don't want to use our power to bail out France's ass again.  We've done it twice and they still don't appreciate it.  As I said ... let them rot in hell.  We'll save our power for true allies.  Thank you.

But if we are to take the Bush Doctrine of spreading democracy everywhere, then using that *if* France is taken out by an authoritarian state with Bush in office -- at least doctrinally he would be obligated to use the power to save them.

And lest we forget, we couldn't have bailed them out twice if they never bailed us out during the Revolutionary War.

I'm sorry people ... Use all the logic and political arguments you want. I feel that France has been anything but an ally and if somewone invades their pussy ass country, as far as I'm concerned, they can fight their own battles. They are not worth one drop of American blood.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
I was merely agreeing with his point that anyone can make anything they want, but I was ultimately saying all of that crap is worthless and devoid of anything positive.

Good point. I remember the Ayatollah Khomeini toilet paper of 1979. ANd all of the Khomeini dart boards with his picture and a bullseye.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
I'm sorry people ... Use all the logic and political arguments you want.  I feel that France has been anything but an ally and if somewone invades their pussy ass country, as far as I'm concerned, they can fight their own battles.  They are not worth one drop of American blood.

Same can be said for Canada, Mexico, China, Germany, Poland, Italy, and all the others that didn't back our action in Iraq. There were WMD, Bush knew it, and these "pussy ass countries" didn't do a thing to help.

Edited to add:

Here's the Coalition of the Willing

Full list of coalition countries:

Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan.

The rest of the world can go to hell. Actually, with Pearl Harbor, screw Japan. Afghanistan helped Iran during the hostage crisis, so screw them. Any of the ex-Commie countries can get lost also.

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
Same can be said for Canada, Mexico, China, Germany, Poland, Italy, and all the others that didn't back our action in Iraq. There were WMD, Bush knew it, and these "pussy ass countries" didn't do a thing to help. So currently only Spain and England are on our side.

It is was it is and I stand by it. France can rot in hell. Not real happy with Canada these days either. Mexico has never been much of an allie. China? They certainly aren't allied. Poland and Italy have been somewhat supportive of our actions. Germany ... they rate with France to a certain degree ... but we didn't bail them out like we did France. Well, we bailed half of them out.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
Same can be said for Canada, Mexico, China, Germany, Poland, Italy, and all the others that didn't back our action in Iraq. There were WMD, Bush knew it, and these "pussy ass countries" didn't do a thing to help.

Edited to add:

Here's the Coalition of the Willing

Full list of coalition countries:

Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan.

The rest of the world can go to hell. Actually, with Pearl Harbor, screw Japan. Afghanistan helped Iran during the hostage crisis, so screw them. Any of the ex-Commie countries can get lost also.

Why are you so defensive of France?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
I feel that France has been anything but an ally and if somewone invades their pussy ass country, as far as I'm concerned, they can fight their own battles.  They are not worth one drop of American blood.

France has been concerned with two things over the past few years: (1) securing lucrative oil contracts with rogue regimes, such as those in Iran and Saddam-era Iraq and (2) attempting to build a European "coalition" through the UN to stymie America's efforts to hinder the military development of these rogue states (through oil sanctions).

While I would love to see America and France working together in harmony again, their unwillingness to punish corrupt and/or terrorist-aiding governments and their jealous desire to diminish U.S. influence around the world makes that an unlikely scenario. If that's what they way they're going to play, I'll side with the "screw France" crowd. I'm much more concerned about the well-being of Americans than what the French think of us.

Edited by TheBigHurt35

Actually, Germany is not in the same league with France. We kind of rebuilt the current German state to be naturally pacific - so the fact that they don't jump into any kind of military alliance easily should be more of a relief to the US than anything else.

Germany is helping with Afghanistan (as is France) and Germany helped the US in the Kosovo situation. Germany also offered to help train Iraqi police shortly after the fall of Baghdad in 2003 and their help was rejected by the US government. There have been some people in the government cabinet who have made some stupid remarks regarding US foreign policy and regarding the President, but they don't represent the German government as a whole. It'd be like characterizing the entire US government on the remarks of John Ashcroft, Tom DeLay or Jim Bunning.

Even though I'm French, I think the center-right RPR government in France is terrible, and had it not been for an upsurge in the extreme right wing of France (which is more like us than you might realize socially), chances are the Center Left would have gotten power in the last election.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
Why are you so defensive of France?

Me? I say screw France along with every other country on the planet that didn't back Dubya's play in Iraq.

Why single out the French? There was about 150 other countries that did the same thing. They all suck.

We also shouldn't allow American countries to operate in any country that isn't an ally. If they didn't back us on Iraq, pull every damn product out of there and start building it in the US. If an American company wants to operate in France or any otehr non ally, they can just close their doors here. Let's take back America!

How many of those 150 other countries have tens of thousands of Americans firmly planted under crosses and stars of David on their soil. France, as an ally, is not worth the power to blow it hell and certainly not worth one more drop of American blood on their behalf. Period!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
How many of those 150 other countries have tens of thousands of Americans firmly planted under crosses and stars of David on their soil.  France, as an ally, is not worth the power to blow it hell and certainly not worth one more drop of American blood on their behalf.  Period!

Amen to that! But I still think the rest of the world choose sides in this, and they choose Russia, China, France and that group. So they aren't allies either they can run to China if they have a problem.

How much money have we sent around the world in famine relief, how many Peace Corp workers lived in poverty digging wells and bringing clean drinking water? How many American souls were lost stopping Hitler for everybody?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
But if we are to take the Bush Doctrine of spreading democracy everywhere, then using that *if* France is taken out by an authoritarian state with Bush in office -- at least doctrinally he would be obligated to use the power to save them.

Its called the NATO treaty.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
yeah, I'm sure the families of the 16 Polish Soldiers killed in Iraq think that's hilarious, you "bleeding heart it's all about the love" f***ers..... :angry:

You don't think they are waving little American flags and thanking George Bush?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
You don't think they are waving little American flags and thanking George Bush?

I was referring to Winodj and Flasoxxjim.

"Look over there guys, graves of Italian soldiers you can piss on next!"