Lumsden to miss part of season...

Randar68

According to an article on the Official Site, Lumsden had bone chips removed from his elbow and will be eased back into action slowly before mid-season (might explain some of the dead-arm period he had last year)

Official Site Organizational Report

Tyler Lumsden, LHP

3-1, 4.12 ERA, 39.1 IP, 45 H, 20 BB, 31 K

The Clemson product had some bone chips in his elbow that will sideline him for a while. When he's healthy, Lumsden has pretty good stuff with a fastball in the 91-96 mph range from the left side. The White Sox felt he was the best college lefty, stuff-wise, remaining on the board at this point in the draft. They'll just have to wait until midseason as they allow Lumsden to come back slowly to see him put that stuff into practice.

Edited by Randar68

Yep, Lumsden is very nice and quiet spoken. Wish him the best. Really rough news cause stuff wise he's good plus he's got some damn good poise on the mound.

Still its important he gets healthy and the Sox let him take his time. And like Randar says, it definately explains the dead arm period.

Blah, this sucks. Hopefully Tyler can recover quickly, like Dan mentioned I was hoping for a quick move through the system from him. Definitely going to slow his progress a bit. Most importantly hopefully everything will be fine in his elbow and he'll be able to come back at full strength.

Hopefully Tyler can get through this, and get his best stuff back velocity wise mid - season. Should be interesting who gets a chance in the Warthog rotation to take Tyler's spot now too for the 1st few months.

Well you'll have Haig, Miller, Rodriguez there for sure. Gio will start in Kanny but will finish the year in WS, imo.

Don't know if Flores or Lopez will find themselves in the rotation at WS or in the pen. Hell, you may see Fabio Castro in the rotation at WS. I'd guess Honel would start the year at WS, call it a hunch, but no reason to rush him.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
I'd guess Honel would start the year at WS, call it a hunch, but no reason to rush him.

He pitched well in instructional league and has been "back to normal" all spring thus far. I don't see them sending him back to W-S unless they don't have room in the BHam rotation (not likely)...