Austin Bracket

I didn't get to see Utah play much this year, but man, they're a joy to watch.

Very smart offensive game plan. Almost every play goes through Bogut, and he's an awesome post player once he gets the ball down low (I know you guys already knew this, but seeing him for the first time, it's amazing), not just shooting, but passing. He's an excellent passer.

I'm on the Utah bandwagon. I'll be cheering for them first and foremost through the tourney... :)

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
The passing is the thing about Bogut.

He has 6 points but if you've been watching, doesn't it seem like he controls the game for them?

He is an awesome passer period. Especially for someone that size. He will be a 20/10/ 2-4 assists and a block or two within three seasons in the nba.

Vermont looks like they are giving Michigan State a run for their money.

In the Duke-Mississippi State Game, I think Duke is gonna have a lot of problems matching up with Roberts. The game is gonna be really close, Duke is playing like crap and Miss. St. blew away Stanford. They also were a #2 seed last season and have underachieved all year.

I hate to say this, but I really don't like our chances.

I hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
Vermont looks like they are giving Michigan State a run for their money.

In the Duke-Mississippi State Game, I think Duke is gonna have a lot of problems matching up with Roberts. The game is gonna be really close, Duke is playing like crap and Miss. St. blew away Stanford. They also were a #2 seed last season and have underachieved all year.

I hate to say this, but I really don't like our chances.

I hope I'm wrong.

Actually, I hope your right.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Spartans move a step closer to a 4th final four under Izzo...

:cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

Wisconsin wins and all the Big 10 haters will need to bow down.

Not technically..... Just because the top three teams were strong, doesn't mean the conference as a whole was worth a s*** this year. You know me, I am a Big Ten guy through and through, but the league was down this year, no doubt about it. The better those three do in the tournament the better it will make the league look on the surface, but the fact that the league wasn't very good still remains.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
The fact that we never lose to Izzo I guess means nothing.

PS: We beat them already this season at home and last season at Michigan State by 20 or 30 points.

But Don't worry, Duke is goin down to Izzo.

Notice you said last season. And BTW, you just won by a few points against a 9 seeded team. Sure they were decent but you talk like your team is the second coming. Even if you make the final four, you stand NO CHANCE against UNC.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
The fact that we never lose to Izzo I guess means nothing.

PS: We beat them already this season at home and last season at Michigan State by 20 or 30 points.

But Don't worry, Duke is goin down to Izzo.

Don't talk about last season my friend.

And you beat MSU by 7 this year at home, early in the season.

I wouldn't get too cocky, junior.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
Notice you said last season. And BTW, you just won by a few points against a 9 seeded team. Sure they were decent but you talk like your team is the second coming. Even if you make the final four, you stand NO CHANCE against UNC.

Don't forget to include SEC team, which makes it even worse.

Most overrated conference in America, as they get ONE team in the Sweet 16.

I wouldn't consider Mississippi State even a comparable opponent to State.

Don't talk about last season my friend.

And you beat MSU by 7 this year at home, early in the season.

I wouldn't get too cocky, junior.

I'm not getting cocky, if you saw before the game, I posted that I thought we would lose to Miss. State. I was just replying to a post that didn't have much logic behind it.

If I can't go back to last season, then we still beat them with ease this season. They made a run at the end of the game to get it under 10 points. No one on the Duke bench was sweating bullets at the end there.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 20, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
I'm not getting cocky, if you saw before the game, I posted that I thought we would lose to Miss. State. I was just replying to a post that didn't have much logic behind it.

If I can't go back to last season, then we still beat them with ease this season. They made a run at the end of the game to get it under 10 points. No one on the Duke bench was sweating bullets at the end there.

I think it'll be a good game.

The key point to me is trying to get Duke into foul trouble because State has far superior depth. Also keeping JJ from going crazy will be another factor and if Neitzel can keep playing well as a freshman point in the dance.

I think I have a right to judge both teams since I predicted Duke would lose to Miss. State.

In my opinion, Mississippi State is way better then Michigan State and would beat them easily if they play their game.

Lawrence Roberts is a top 5 big man and that guy Winsome could hit the three.

If you guys can remember, last season Miss. State was a #2 seed in the tournament and were off to a great start this season befor that guy Winsome got hurt. They were much better then their seed and record indicated.

Michigan State has the most overrated big man in the country in Paul Davis. That guy is a waste of space out there. he'll get controlled by Shelden for the third time in their career's.

I think it'll be a good game.

The key point to me is trying to get Duke into foul trouble because State has far superior depth. Also keeping JJ from going crazy will be another factor and if Neitzel can keep playing well as a freshman point in the dance.

The game will definitley be close, there is no doubt about it. Duke doesn't blow anyone out. We don't have the fire power for that.

The key though with the foul trouble has been Shelden Williams and Shavilk Randolph learining how to play with fouls. Both showed it today. Together, Randolph and Williams make an incredible 1-2 punch on the inside. In my opinion better then anyone in the nation defensively.