Crosstown Rivals in ST

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
And I had respect for Hawk...Best GM in AL.. Wow.. TO think that all you have to do is fail in the easiest division to be called the Best GM in Baseball...

KW= Joke...

Hawk made a better GM than KW.. and Hawk Sucked.

You are funny. :headshake

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
GAME OVER ON A POP UP TO WIDGER!  Garland gets out of the jam!

SOX WIN, 11-9!!!

man Garland is such a badass... Cant wait till he tears it up this year!!!! :headbang

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
:huh: I can tell you didn't see the game.  Garland pitched horribly today, even though he got out the mess he created in the 9th.

whats your point?

He got out of it and we won.. hes gonna have a huge year

whats your point?

He got out of it and we won.. hes gonna have a huge year

Because he was looking horrible against minor leaguers that won't even be on the Cubs opening day roster. Garland gave up 3 runs in the 6th inning and then gave up another run in the 9th before getting out of a jam that he himself created. It was a very poor outing considering he wasn't even facing major league talent. So you, in turn, think Garland is going to have a "huge year" based on that kind of outing? :huh:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Because he was looking horrible against minor leaguers that won't even be on the Cubs opening day roster.  Garland gave up 3 runs in the 6th inning and then gave up another run in the 9th before getting out of a jam that he himself created.  It was a very poor outing considering he wasn't even facing major league talent.  So you, in turn, think Garland is going to have a "huge year" based on that kind of outing? :huh:

im just gonna use the excuse everyone else uses when one of their favorite pitchers struggles.. they dont care about getting hit around they are just working on throwing their pitches..

and anyways Garland is a lock for 12+ wins and an ERA in the 4's so im saying he breaks out this year and has a huge year..

I like him, you dont have to.. so why dont you just look past my post instead of trying to "convince" me otherwise

im just gonna use the excuse everyone else uses when one of their favorite pitchers struggles.. they dont care about getting hit around they are just working on throwing their pitches..

and anyways Garland is a lock for 12+ wins and an ERA in the 4's so im saying he breaks out this year and has a huge year..

I like him, you dont have to.. so why dont you just look past my post instead of trying to "convince" me otherwise

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. I was just giving you the facts -- Garland got rocked by minor leaguers today.

What were the names of the minor leaguers?

Here's the box score.

Jon Garland worked four innings in relief, giving up four runs and seven hits. He held on in the ninth, allowing only one run after the Cubs loaded the bases with none out.

Guys like Calvin Murray, Cody Ransom, Ronny Cedeno, Angel Echevarria, and David Kelton were beating up on Garland today. I hope it was just a bad outing. I'm not as worried about El Duque because he has even said himself that he doesn't take Spring Training too seriously and is just out there to practice his pitches.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Jeez.  Does Gload deserve to make the team?  All I have seen him do this spring is ground out.  His defense at 1B has been great though.

Borchard lines out to RF.  Inning over.

Gees -- Chill out a little bit there...

I mean, who gives a damn that he hasn't hit? It's Spring Training, who cares.

Ross will be Ross. At every level, all he's ever done is hit (except for AA).

And the same to your comments about Garland. You don't worry about El Duque because he said he doesn't take it seriously, but you rip on Garland? Mercy -- he's probably working on new pitches. It looked to me like he was throwing a ton of offspeed stuff today.

I'm with ya, Tru -- I'm glad #20 will be our number five, he's certainly one of the best, if not the best number five in the AL... :cheers

Edited by CWSGuy406

As for these pitchers looking bad ... I was one the threw that "excuse" out there earlier in ST. However, St. Patty's is behind us and it's time for these guys to get hitters out. That excuse don't cut it in my mind from here forward.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Here's the box score.

Guys like Calvin Murray, Cody Ransom, Ronny Cedeno, Angel Echevarria, and David Kelton were beating up on Garland today.  I hope it was just a bad outing.  I'm not as worried about El Duque because he has even said himself that he doesn't take Spring Training too seriously and is just out there to practice his pitches.

So I guess you think Garland is out there trying to be like real game situation? Im pretty sure he was just working on the same things

and again we won, so I dont see what it matters.. I dont care if he lets the bases get loaded and get out of it.. key phrase is he got out of it..

spring training doesnt matter, Garland is the man

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 19, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
So I guess you think Garland is out there trying to be like real game situation? Im pretty sure he was just working on the same things

and again we won, so I dont see what it matters.. I dont care if he lets the bases get loaded and get out of it.. key phrase is he got out of it..

spring training doesnt matter, Garland is the man

Garland has a way to go before he can be considered "The Man".