Tony Graffanino loses his starting job

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=MLB&id=5590

Latest News  Mar. 25, 2005 - 9:22 pm et

Tony Graffanino, now expected to back up Ruben Gotay this year, returned to action today and went 1-for-3.

Graffanino missed a week with a sprained ankle and apparently lost his starting job during his absence. He still figures to be worth owning in deep AL-only leagues.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
Ruben Gotay and David DeJesus are two guys that I'd add to my fantasy team if not for the fact that I already have Angel Berroa and Mike Sweeney.  3 or more Royals on your fantasy team can not be a good thing.

:lolhitting

Must be a pretty big league.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 03:07 AM)

Must be a pretty big league.

Me, you, and SoxFan1 are all in the same league. :D

I need some temporary replacements for Big Frank and Lance Berkman. In my search for sleepers, I keep coming back to the Royals and the Rockies.

David DeJesus numbers after the ASB:

296 AB

51 RUNS

93 HITS

14 DOUBLES

3 TRIPLES

7 HOME RUNS

35 RBI

7 STOLEN BASES

.314 AVERAGE

.385 OBP

.453 SLUG

.838 OPS

And of course, Gotay could be having the best spring of any American League player, period.

But like I said, I can't acquire either of the two.

Rockies sleepers I have my eye on: Matt Holliday (already acquired) and Clint Barmes.

I can't take Juan Gone and Jeromy Burnitz seriously...

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
Me, you, and SoxFan1 are all in the same league. :D

I need some temporary replacements for Big Frank and Lance Berkman.  In my search for sleepers, I keep coming back to the Royals and the Rockies.

David DeJesus numbers after the ASB:

296 AB

51 RUNS

93 HITS

14 DOUBLES

3 TRIPLES

7 HOME RUNS

35 RBI

7 STOLEN BASES

.314 AVERAGE

.385 OBP

.453 SLUG

.838 OPS

And of course, Gotay could be having the best spring of any American League player, period.

But like I said, I can't acquire either of the two.

Rockies sleepers I have my eye on: Matt Holliday (already acquired) and Clint Barmes.

I can't take Juan Gone and Jeromy Burnitz seriously...

I completely forgot we are in the same league. I haven't had much of a chance to check my team since the draft. After looking at those numbers though, DeJesus is a pretty good pick up and I agree with you on not ever taking a guy like Burnitz seriously. He could completely choke on the Cub.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Mar 27, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)

I completely forgot we are in the same league.  I haven't had much of a chance to check my team since the draft.  After looking at those numbers though, DeJesus is a pretty good pick up and I agree with you on not ever taking a guy like Burnitz seriously.  He could completely choke on the Cub.

I can't believe that a guy who hit 37 HR with 110 RBI is still available in a league where 250+ players have been taken. Somebody will probably pick him up, but it ain't gonna be me. :D