College Protesters Running Out of Ideas?

Wong & Owens

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
My junior year at SIU, Govenor Ryan showed up to either campaign or for just a speech, and as he left, a female student threw a cream pie in his face.

Yeah, i remember that, but unlike Buchanan, Ryan was a real hard ass about it and wanted the girl to be punished to the fulll extent of the law.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 02:15 AM)
Yeah, i remember that, but unlike Buchanan, Ryan was a real hard ass about it and wanted the girl to be punished to the fulll extent of the law.

I don't think she ever was. I remember a picture in the Daily Egyptian, either the next day or some after, of the girl and her mom laughing as they left the police station.

I remember during the speech, the girl asked Ryan a few questions and Ryan kept referring to her as a "he". She had a short haircut.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 1, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
While I do agree with Pat Buchanan on some foreign policy issues (the old Right policy of non-interventionalism is oddly becoming a policy that many in the left are agreeing with), salad dressing does not get one's point across.

Of course it is. You on the left dont want to get involved in military action anywhere anytime, no matter how grave the threat may be.