Borchard

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

I'm not too thrilled with Joe Borchard. The guy will strike out if he doesn't shorten his swing. I would appreciate if he did. Walt should work with him to. Gary Ward should help when he comes up. I believe that Rios is short term, and Rowand will be cut as well. That leaves Borchard. I believe we could get something decent for him. He isn't that great IN MY VISION OF THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX FUTURE.

Bring on the arguments, I'll be sittin here with my Mt. Dew waiting for em :cheers :bringit !

I am disappointed with LTP as well. I think Albert Pujols coming in and dominating right off the bat (npi) and Adam Dunn walking 140 times at age 22 spoiled every fan out there.

Hee Seup Choi is looking better at this point I am sorry to say.

Borchard will be just fine. He made a lot of adjustments to this spring this past winter, ala Joe Crede last year. Now the he's going to work on those adjustments for a while in Charlotte and then come up and join the big club.

Once this guy is ready he won't dissapoint. He also has a very good eye so he'll draw plenty of walks, he'll also strike out plenty of times. To be honest, I think he is kind of like a Jim Edmonds with more power.

You're insane. Never speak or type again.

Deal our best minor league prospect? Good idea. Lay off the Mountain Dew..... it obviously causes you to utter complete nonsense. Borchard, once he settles down into his role when he's called up, will be everything advertised and..... IMHO..... then some.

Borchard has 50 homer, 15-25 steal potential, with an incredible arm in the OF, and regardless of which position he plays, he'll have good range as well. And don't even bother with his average....when you hit that many homers....you could hit .220 for all I care. With that kind of power....you're going to walk.....and you're going to get on base.

And he won't hit .220....I'm thinking more like .300 or so. Borchard's gonna be a stud. We waited with Crede....and he hit the f***ing cover off the ball. We wait with Borchard....and he'll hit the f***ing cover off the ball. We didn't pay this guy $5.3 mill to suck ass.

Borchard will be just fine.  He made a lot of adjustments to this spring this past winter, ala Joe Crede last year.  Now the he's going to work on those adjustments for a while in Charlotte and then come up and join the big club. 

Once this guy is ready he won't dissapoint.  He also has a very good eye so he'll draw plenty of walks, he'll also strike out plenty of times.  To be honest, I think he is kind of like a Jim Edmonds with more power.

yea, he already improved from last season during spring training on strikeouts and i thought his swing was a lot shorter, in the few games i saw.

I saw Borchard in Winter Ball and his Swing was Longgggggggggggggggg He needs to cut down. I think he'll be solid once he does. More of a corner outfielder if you ask me

he has decent range in center. i just wish we had someone in the minors for centerfield, who is that one guy webber?? or something like that.

Borchard has 50 homer, 15-25 steal potential, with an incredible arm in the OF, and regardless of which position he plays, he'll have good range as well.  And don't even bother with his average....when you hit that many homers....you could hit .220 for all I care.  With that kind of power....you're going to walk.....and you're going to get on base.

And he won't hit .220....I'm thinking more like .300 or so.  Borchard's gonna be a stud.  We waited with Crede....and he hit the f***ing cover off the ball.  We wait with Borchard....and he'll hit the f***ing cover off the ball.  We didn't pay this guy $5.3 mill to suck ass.

Let's not wait. Let's enshirine him into Cooperstown right now!

LOL... I wouldn't punch his ticket to Cooperstown yet, but when someone comes on here and says to dump the kid because he isn't Mickey Mantle, yet. Well, people are going to defend him. Let's give JB some time to learn how to hit consistantly, then he can come up and be the next Mantle. :)

Guest wsc425

Deal our best minor league prospect? Good idea. Lay off the Mountain Dew..... it obviously causes you to utter complete nonsense. Borchard, once he settles down into his role when he's called up, will be everything advertised and..... IMHO..... then some.

Borchard vs Pitcher. K...K...K...unless he listens to the coaches.

Right now I am in the big time Borchard camp. I see the flashes of potential and raw ablitity, plus the fact that these are the first couple of years in his life that he has been totally dedicated to just baseball, and that says to me, when he breaks out, it will be in a big way.

I have also noticed that he is a bigtime student of the game. I saw clinic that he put on at Soxfest and his was BY FAR the best one of all of them. He had so much knowledge of the baseball swing and technique, I was amazed. He knew all of the Charlie Lau and Walt Hriniak techniques and often quoted from each of them. Joe is a smart smart kid.

Right now I am in the big time Borchard camp.  I see the flashes of potential and raw ablitity, plus the fact that these are the first couple of years in his life that he has been totally dedicated to just baseball, and that says to me, when he breaks out, it will be in a big way.

I have also noticed that he is a bigtime student of the game.  I saw clinic that he put on at Soxfest and his was BY FAR the best one of all of them.  He had so much knowledge of the baseball swing and technique, I was amazed.  He knew all of the Charlie Lau and Walt Hriniak techniques and often quoted from each of them.  Joe is a smart smart kid.

Hopefully he'll be able to take what he knows and make himself a star. We need this guy to come up big. I really like Rowand but he doesn't have the talent to be a starter IMO. Rios is not the answer either. Both of them are spare outfielders. We need a real one.

Borchard vs Pitcher. K...K...K...unless he listens to the coaches.

Borchard isn't of the Carlos Lee mold. He has shown that he has a relentless work ethic, and is extremely smart. You don't spend 3 years at Stanford, about to become the starting QB if you aren't both smart and a hard worker. Joe will be fine. As a matter of a fact, once again, I hope they follow the Joe Crede trail and leave Borchard down there, until it is impossible to keep him in AAA.

I saw Borchard in Winter Ball and his Swing was Longgggggggggggggggg He needs to cut down. I think he'll be solid once he does. More of a corner outfielder if you ask me

he has decent range in center. i just wish we had someone in the minors for centerfield, who is that one guy webber?? or something like that.

Webster and Jeremy Reed.