Do you buy into the Lebron hype?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy into the Lebron hype?

• Yes
    • No

I for one am getting SICK of all this "yada yada" on Sports Center about Lebron. He is NOT the next Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, or Bill Russell! He won't even be the next Horace Grant the more he becomes a "me-first" player. I just don't buy into the hype...But, do YOU?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
Jordan never missed the Playoffs.

And yet suddenly that makes LeBron a bad player and not Jordan-esque because?

The Cavs won 35 games last year, in LeBron's first year out of high school, and it was almost all because of his prescence. The year before, without LeBron, they won 17. The more than doubled their win total in their first year with LeBron.

All this, and LeBron still can't legally drink.

It is not hype. He is one of the best players in the NBA, and he is 20. Where are the Cavs without LeBron? One of the worst teams in the league at the very least.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
Jordan never missed the Playoffs.

How about you take a look at some of the records they got in with. 30-52 is just one of the bad seasons in jordan's early years.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
And yet suddenly that makes LeBron a bad player and not Jordan-esque because?

The Cavs won 35 games last year, in LeBron's first year out of high school, and it was almost all because of his prescence.  The year before, without LeBron, they won 17.  The more than doubled their win total in their first year with LeBron.

All this, and LeBron still can't legally drink.

It is not hype.  He is one of the best players in the NBA, and he is 20.  Where are the Cavs without LeBron?  One of the worst teams in the league at the very least.

Lebron is going to be the best player in nba hype= ok

Lebron is God, Lebron is going to be the best of all time = over hype

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
Lebron is going to be  the best player in nba hype= ok

Three years down the road who will be a better over all player? Honestly.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
How about you take a look at some of the records they got in with. 30-52 is just one of the bad seasons in jordan's early years.

Jordan played in 18 games that year. Lebron is definitely not overhyped, but he's got to take some of the responsiblity for a horrible collapse by the Cavs. No reason in hell this team shouldn't be in the playoff. I wonder will he pull a b**** move and demand to be traded?

Edited by Jordan4life_2004

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
Lebron is going to be  the best player in nba hype= ok

I have never been under the impression ever that LeBron is going to be the best of all time...not even from analysts that love the hell out of him.

You can't predict s*** this early in his career, and even Stephen A Smith can tell you that, except that he is still probably talking about how the Lakers are going to win the 03-04 NBA Championship.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
Dont tell me your counting the year where he missed about 80 % of the season?

Losing record in his first three years in the league and he got in the playoffs. Not because they played well.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
Jordan played in 18 games that year.  Lebron is definitely not overhyped,  but he's got to take some of the responsiblity for a horrible collapse by the Cavs.  No reason in hell this team shouldn't be in the playoffs,  I wonder will he pull a b**** move and demand to be traded?

You can also put some of the blame on Paxson and the rest of the front office. Firing Silas when it was working? Not getting a deal done at the deadline?

He can accept some of the blame for it, but he is not entirely at fault. It's not his fault that he has a s***ty team around him. He is not a player/GM like Kobe.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
You can't predict s*** this early in his career,

Thats what I mean about hype. Im sick of it. He has not accomplished much more than say... amare stoudamire. Lebron will earn most of the hype I believe. But not all of it.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
Losing record in his first three years in the league and he got in the playoffs. Not because they played well.

At least lebron has a few good guys around him. Z , gooden, and Mcinnis

Who the hell did MJ Have?

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 02:22 AM)
The Cavs have more talent then any of those teams.  Not to mention the east wasn't nearly as bad then as it is now.

Really? The bulls made it with a 30-52 record.. three years in a row of losing records and making it. It may not have been as bad then as it is now but 30-52 and still makign it is ridiculous. The cavs do not hav an abundance of talent. Two good players and then gooden who has been on three teams in three years for a reason.

To be considered the next michael jordan you should not have have played a playoff game. Now do i think he will be as good? No. The closet thing to him? Yes.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Thats what I mean about hype. Im sick of it.  He has not accomplished much more than say... amare stoudamire.  Lebron will earn most of the hype I believe. But not all of it.

Not all of it as in he will be the best player ever?

Like I said...I have never been under that impression...but I do agree with that...right now of course. I could also say that Albert Pujols will be the best hitter of our generation...and he very well could be, and may very well be...but I can't say that as a matter of fact just yet.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
At least lebron has a few good guys around hime.

Who the hell did MJ Have?

Mj had Oakley and? That's about it. Lebron has an all-star center, a solid pf, and a solid guard in Mcginnis. This is not a title contender. But there's no reason this team shouldn't be in the playoffs. Weren't they the 3rd or 4th seed at the all-star break?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
But there's no reason this team shouldn't be in the playoffs.  Weren't they the 3rd or 4th seed at the all-star break?

They were the 4th seed at the All-Star break. But, New Jersey's recent surge is a reason to doubt Cleveland's chances of keeping their playoff spot.