Do you buy into the Lebron hype?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy into the Lebron hype?

• Yes
    • No

hahaha

LeBron is easily the best overall player in the NBA right now, if he had one more solid player on his team.. like a Michael Redd or a someone along those lines Cleveland would be a VERY good team..

Right now all they have is LeBron, if they add another solid player.. watch out

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 10:38 AM)
They have an All-Star center?

Hes alright, but not what im talking about.. pretty sure I made it clear what I said.. a Michael Redd or someone along those lines..

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
I don't understand how you guys are calling this LeBron hype either....

26.6 PPG, 7 RPG, 7.2 APG in his second season....What exactly is HE doing wrong?  He can't help that he's got s*** around him.  It's the KG-syndrome.

Thats the first thing that I thought when I saw the poll.. I was like no fn way man..

Lebron is already the best guard in the league. He's light years better then Kobe and this is just his 2nd season in the league. He's on one of the crappiest teams and they will most likely make the playoffs.

He scores, passes, gets rebounds, plays defense. He's freaking unbelieavable. Just look at the numbers he's already putting up. There is no hype about it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
Lebron is already the best guard in the league.  He's light years better then Kobe and this is just his 2nd season in the league.  He's on one of the crappiest teams and they will most likely make the playoffs.

He scores, passes, gets rebounds, plays defense.  He's freaking unbelieavable.  Just look at the numbers he's already putting up.  There is no hype about it.

Exactly. It may not be fair to compare him to Michael Jordan yet, because he's only in his 2nd season. People are always going to worry about the titles, etc. LeBron can't win 6 NBA titles in his 2nd season; at the very least, it's going to take 6 seasons to do something like that.

Jordan didn't win his first title until his 7th season, you can't expect LeBron to do it in his 2nd season.

Obviously LeBron isn't MJ butr say he is surrounded with crap is wrong.

He has 3 other guys that are career 10 pgg+ scorers.

1 is the best center in the east not named Shaq.

Another is averaging nearly a double double with over 14.5 ppg.

And the other goes over 13 points and 5 dimes a night.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
hahaha

LeBron is easily the best overall player in the NBA right now, if he had one more solid player on his team.. like a Michael Redd or a someone along those lines Cleveland would be a VERY good team..

Right now all they have is LeBron, if they add another solid player.. watch out

I like Lebron too, but to say that he's easily the best overall player in the league?

First of all, he's not a good overall defensive player. Anyone who tells you that is a box score fan or just a straight up numbnuts. He is overmatched on the defensive end. In teh long term, he might develop into something defensively at the SF slot. We covered this back in November, IIRC.

Him and Dwyane Wade are in my Top 10 NBA players list right now strictly for their huge overall impact on offense, and in Lebron's case, it's primarily court vision. But he's a defensive liablility, just like Dwyane.

And if they add Michael Redd, all of a sudden they're awesome? Are you for real, dude? Name me one guy on that team other than Ira Newbie or old-ass Eric Snow that can play some defense in this league. Z has no lateral movement. Gooden might be the biggest joke in all of the NBA if we're talking work ethic. McInnis is widely viewed as a cancer who is absolutely NON-EXISTANT on defense. Adding Michael Redd or some comparable player who can only score to this steaming pile of s*** is going to make them a contender all of a sudden? Check yourself. Weak East or not, that is a craptacular team, and I laugh (real hard) at anyone who thinks otherwise.

Lebron's a great player and you really can't argue otherwise. I don't even understand why people compare him to Jordan, for me Magic is definitely the better comparison. I do disagree about him being the best overall player in the nba, imo that's still Tim Duncan.

I never said lebron is not good or great for that matter.

Thats just too much hype for a 20 year old.

I swear, if espn made a top 50 players of all time James would already be on that list. MJ had to earn everything he got. He was criticized about his D in the mid to late 80's . Then Criticized about not winning a ring. He was still in Magic and Larry's shadow until he earned the spotlight as the best player. Lebron is truly one of the best right now. He will be the best within 1-2 years. Im just tired of the media stuffing all this second coming to jordan s*** down our throats. Jordan may have played on 3 losing teams with the bulls but he never let the bulls lose enough where they missed the playoffs (especially if they were as high as the 4th seed) .

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Lebron's a great player and you really can't argue otherwise.  I don't even understand why people compare him to Jordan, for me Magic is definitely the better comparison.  I do disagree about him being the best overall player in the nba, imo that's still Tim Duncan.

Dude, post about basketball more often. :cheers

Lebron could never begin to f*** with Duncan, Garnett, Shaquille O'Neal, etc.

Magic Johnson = Right on the money

Point forward, good defensive player in the long term (never great), superior court vision, etc. Talk about a brilliant comparison.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

I think this is a pretty easy explanation for the drop off in play. McInnis went from a fairly efficient PG to one that is mediocre at best.

Pre-Allstar break

14.9 points 5.7 assists .43 FG% .371 3%

Post-Allstar break

9 points 4.1 assists .358 FG% .28 3%

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
I think this is a pretty easy explanation for the drop off in play. McInnis went from a fairly efficient PG to one that is mediocre at best.

Pre-Allstar break

Post-Allstar break

It's because he got benched in favor of Snow for a period of time, correct? Non-existant defense will do that for you. He is a bad overall player in the team sense, but a damn good fantasy option if he gets minutes. Think Jason Terry with less scoring punch.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)

Pre-Allstar break

Post-Allstar break

Pre-Allstar break

38.2 MPG

Post-Allstar break

28.9 MPG