Do you buy into the Lebron hype?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy into the Lebron hype?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
Really? The bulls made it with a 30-52 record.. three years in a row of losing records and making it. It may not have been as bad then as it is now but 30-52 and still makign it is ridiculous. The cavs do not hav an abundance of talent. Two good players and then gooden who has been on three teams in three years for a reason.

To be considered the next michael jordan you should not have have played a playoff game. Now do i think he will be as good? No. The closet thing to him? Yes.

True. I don't know how they got in with that bad a record. But there were a lot more powerhouses then compared to today. The Cavs were the 3rd or 4th seed at the all-star break. There's no reason they shouldn't be a playoff team. I'm not saying it's Lebron's fault. But he's part of the team. Therfore he shares some of the blame.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
You can also put some of the blame on Paxson and the rest of the front office.  Firing Silas when it was working?  Not getting a deal done at the deadline? 

He can accept some of the blame for it, but he is not entirely at fault.  It's not his fault that he has a s***ty team around him.  He is not a player/GM like Kobe.

It's not a s***ty team though. Championship caliber? No. s***ty? I don't think so. That team should be good enough to make the playoffs in the east. I totally agree that this isn't ALL Lebron's fault. But when you're the star, you have to take the negative with the positive. When the Cavs were playing well all you heard was mvp talk. Now that they're sucking he has to take some of the blame.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
Bulls 84-85  roster

Michael Jordan       

Orlando Woolridge   

Quintin Dailey       

Steve Johnson       

Dave Corzine         

Sidney Green       

Dave Greenwood   

Wes Matthews         

Ennis Whatley     

Rod Higgins       

Caldwell Jones       

Jawann Oldham     

Charles Jones         

Chris Engler

Woolridge, dailey, johnson all double digits in their careers and there were some pretty solid role players on that team but they were only 38-44. What gives?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
Woolridge, dailey, johnson all double digits in their careers and there were some pretty solid role players on that team but they were only 38-44. What gives?

They were horrible defensively and didn't have the talent to match up with powerhouses of that time. Don't be fooled by double digit scorers. The Blazers have 5 or 6 guys who score in double figues and they suck.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
bulls records      W  L

84-85               38- 44

85-86                31-51        (MJ Played 18 games)

86-87                43-39

They were 40-42 that year. And considering their second leading scorer was Charles Oakley, that's not that bad.

Edited by Jordan4life_2004

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
George Gervin was way past his prime by the time he got to the Bulls.  And he was only there for one season.

Gervin was, yes, but he still averaged 16 points a game, which is pretty solid for a player that was like 59 years old.

Green also put up 13.5 PPG and 8.6 RPG that year too...which is not horrible at all.

Cleveland doesnt have much more than that either. They have like 1 more rebounder then Chicago did that year, but that is about it.

There seems to be more parity in the Eastern Conference this year then there was back in 85-86. 5 teams finished the season over .500 in 85-86...Cleveland is barely clinging on to a playoff spot at 1 game over.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
Gervin was, yes, but he still averaged 16 points a game, which is pretty solid for a player that was like 59 years old.

Green also put up 13.5 PPG and 8.6 RPG that year too...which is not horrible at all.

Cleveland doesnt have much more than that either.  They have like 1 more rebounder then Chicago did that year, but that is about it. 

There seems to be more parity in the Eastern Conference this year then there was back in 85-86.  5 teams finished the season over .500 in 85-86...Cleveland is barely clinging on to a playoff spot at 1 game over.

expansion has a lot to do with inflated records. cleveland can thank charlottle for a few wins.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)

Cleveland doesnt have much more than that either.  They have like 1 more rebounder then Chicago did that year, but that is about it. 

There seems to be more parity in the Eastern Conference this year then there was back in 85-86.  5 teams finished the season over .500 in 85-86...Cleveland is barely clinging on to a playoff spot at 1 game over.

Well you can't really come to a conclusion on the 86 season. Mj played in 18 games. How many games do they win if he plays all 82? 38? 40? 45? Will never know. My point is that a star can't take all the credit when a team is winning and except none of the blame when they're losing. The Cavs were a top 4 seed for most of the season. You don't become s***ty in a few weeks. I don't know what's going on over there. Don't care really.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
Three years down the road who will be a better over all player? Honestly.

Depends on your definition of "better overall player."

If you're going to give lots of weight to rebounds and assists, lebron will probably have more because of his size and pg mentality.

Better defense and steals? Jordan. Better scoring? Jordan, by far. More championships? I'll put money on Jordan. More wins? Jordan. More clutch? No answer needed...

Jordan is the better overall player. Honestly.

Not hype. (But Charles Rosen would tell you otherwise).

Look at this Cleveland team. Drew Gooden doesn't play defense and is as soft as a hot knife slicing through butter. Ilgaulskas is one of the better centers in the league, and really only LeBron's real help. Jeff McInnis won't be back, and he's a cancer. Eric Snow is too old and injury prone to be a starting point guard. They have hardly any good bench players except when Tractor Traylor plays well, honestly with all the turmoil that team's gone through, it's amazing they're still over .500.

Now let's look at James, the guy can play 3 positions in the NBA if he wants, depending on match-ups, and better players in other positions. Personally if I was Cleveland, I'd move him back to PG, but I don't think they're going to do that. Defensively he's got things to work on, but that'll come in time. And to all those who think he's going to bolt to Lakerland, answer me this question. Would you want to play with Kobe Bryant? :nono

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
what if LA trades Kobe for some picks and signs lebron to the max?

Chucky Atkins said it best; "Kobe Bryant is the GM". They won't trade Bryant. And who could they trade Kobe and his max contract to? They'd have to get a player back at least to make it work cap wise.