Magg$ out again!

Jabroni

http://info.detnews.com/tigersblog/

Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 5:42 PM

Magglio Out Again

from Minneapolis - Magglio Ordonez is out of the Tigers' lineup again and is returning to Detroit for tests because of a sore groin. He told Manager Alan Trammell on Wednesday that he woke up and felt some soreness. Trammell said he feels it's a continuation of his abdominal inflammation and not muscular, but that's why Ordonez is returning to Detroit - they need to be sure.

Marcus Thames, not Bobby Higginson, replaces him in the lineup against right-hander Kyle Lohse.

Does anyone else think that it's really Magg$'s knee that's bothering him and he's using all of these other injuries as an excuse? Keep in mind that if Magg$ has to spend 25 days or more on the disabled list due to left knee problems, his huge contract can be voided by the Tigers.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
http://info.detnews.com/tigersblog/

Does anyone else think that it's really Magg$'s knee that's bothering him and he's using all of these other injuries as an excuse?  Keep in mind that if Magg$ has to spend 25 days or more on the disabled list due to left knee problems, his huge contract can be voided by the Tigers.

You see, that's the problem. detroit would be dumb to allow it to be listed as anything other than a knee problem if that's what it is because now they would be risking using that void if that is indeed the problem.

But maybe they are that dumb...

Does anyone in the Tiger organization like Bobby Higginson anymore? Hell, I think I heard a quote from Dmitri Young basically saying that Thames is getting screwed if he's off the roster because Higgy is on it.

And, that's the problem with Magglio's contract. He can be hurt anywhere else but the knee, and still rake in most of the money he signed for. I can't see how anyone can defend that deal -- all it did was buy some season tickets for their fanbase, and maybe give them some false hope. Well, I'm sure as hell glad that JD Drew wasn't the one that Detroit signed...

Does anyone in the Tiger organization like Bobby Higginson anymore?  Hell, I think I heard a quote from Dmitri Young basically saying that Thames is getting screwed if he's off the roster because Higgy is on it.

And, that's the problem with Magglio's contract.  He can be hurt anywhere else but the knee, and still rake in most of the money he signed for.  I can't see how anyone can defend that deal -- all it did was buy some season tickets for their fanbase, and maybe give them some false hope.  Well, I'm sure as hell glad that JD Drew wasn't the one that Detroit signed...  <phew>

Yeah, apparently Dmitri and Marcus are best buds. :wub: But Higginson has sucked since 2001 (I think he did roids).

Trammell is suppose to like Higginson. That is what Tigers fans say. Who knows? I just spent tonight getting told the Tigers have better pitching that the Sox, and the Sox will finish no better than 4th in the ALC. Also that Dimitri Young is a ton better than Frank Thomas, no contest. Drives me crazy.

Trammell is suppose to like Higginson. That is what Tigers fans say. Who knows? I just spent tonight getting told the Tigers have better pitching that the Sox, and the Sox will finish no better than 4th in the ALC. Also that Dimitri Young is a ton better than Frank Thomas, no contest. Drives me crazy.

Wow. The Tigers' supposed ace, Jeremy Bonderman, is not any better than our 5th starter, Jon Garland. Dmitri Young is better than Frank? WTF? Has your friend ever even looked at some stats in his life? :headshake

Edited by Jabroni

I still defend the decision to not pursue him in teh offseason, and thank our lucky stars that Maggs didn't take the deal on teh table after the injury. Lord knows we couldn't afford to have someone making that kind of money coming up with new "ailments" every day.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
So the flu caused groin soreness?  Is that what they are trying to say here?

Just wondering what the sticker price on the Brooklyn Bridge is, and if they will indeed accept checks.

:lol:

There's quote of the month material right there. :D

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
Wow.  The Tigers' supposed ace, Jeremy Bonderman, is not any better than our 5th starter, Jon Garland.  Dmitri Young is better than Frank?  WTF?  Has your friend ever even looked at some stats in his life? :headshake

No, it's like five people, and I am all by myself defending the stats. I actually wrote Bonderman, Garland, Ryan Franklin, Mike Maroth, and Mark Henderickson's stats from last year down with no name, and its all the same. Yet, get this (I forgot to add it yesterday), Bonderman is a top three lefty power pitcher, probably top two. Um, RJ and Santana? I said no way, Santana is so much better. So that's the s*** I get to deal with in MI.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
Bonderman is a lh pitcher?

He must be damn good to be one of the top 3 lefties, yet only use his rh?

Bonderman

Bonderman

Height: 6-2

Weight:  220 lbs.

Bats:  Right

Throws: Right

Pos:  SP

SB

Haha, awesome. Even funnier than. That one got past me...I can't wait to f*** them over on this now.

Bonderman would probably be the #4 in our rotation at the worst...and I would personally pencil him in as the #3.

His 3.70 ERA, 1.10, .210 BAA, K/9 of just under 9, and a K/BB of 3 in the second half last year means a lot to me. Maybe that's wrong of me...I have no idea.