What would you do?

Kid Gleason

I am looking for a bit of advice. I trust the people in this board to actually give intelligent responses.

We found out we have a man convicted of aggravated sexual assualt against a girl between the age of 9-12 living in our neighborhood. He just moved in very recently, and we found out due to my wife and a few others constantly checking online for this type of info. He was in jail in Texas for 10 years, and is compliant with authorities. He is living in a townhouse with a girlfriend and her kids.

My wife and a few others are printing up flyers and placing them on mailboxes in the neighborhood so other parents will know we have him in the area.

Is this O.K. legally to do, and what else might you do?

After learning literally just 20 minutes ago that one of my girlfriends uncles has been indicted for molestation... I say post away.. put them everywhere and anywhere. From what I have read over and over again these types of individuals DO NOT change.. they continue to abuse children until they get caught.. and in my girlfriends case it took 20+ years for that asshole to get caught. I'm sorry.. I'm sure I sound like a total b****.. but after this experience.. and that asshold Couhey in Florida and the countless other children I have read about being abused by REPEAT offenders.. I say lock them up and NEVER let them out. :angry:

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
After learning literally just 20 minutes ago that one of my girlfriends uncles has been indicted for molestation... I say post away.. put them everywhere and anywhere. From what I have read over and over again these types of individuals DO NOT change.. they continue to abuse children until they get caught.. and in my girlfriends case it took 20+ years for that asshole to get caught. I'm sorry.. I'm sure I sound like a total b****.. but after this experience.. and that asshold Couhey in Florida and the countless other children I have read about being abused by REPEAT offenders.. I say lock them up and NEVER let them out.  :angry:

You don't sound like a b****, you sound intelligent.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
What I wouldn't do is harass him.  He may be a sicko, but he's done his time.

Would you feel that way if it was your child molested...??? I'm not trying to start an argument here.. but I thought that way prior to knowing someone who has been abused. I've read so many articles that show time and time and time again that these sicko's are NEVER cured of their "desire" for children.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
You don't sound like a b****, you sound intelligent.

Thank you Kalapse. I've been faced with people on both sides of the fence... I'll glady be called every name in the book to keep a child safe.

:pray For all the little children like Jessica Lunsford who was raped and murdered by a REPEAT OFFENDER who had "done his time"..

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Would you feel that way if it was your child molested...??? I'm not trying to start an argument here.. but I thought that way prior to knowing someone who has been abused. I've read so many articles that show time and time and time again that these sicko's are NEVER cured of their "desire" for children.

Perhaps not, and I can appreciate where you're coming from. But the reality is that, like it or not, this guy does have Constitutional rights now that he's out of prison. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong... but it's the law. As much as he may deserve it, forming a lynch mob and chasing him out of town isn't the solution.

This is a particularly unfortunate scenario because, as you mentioned before, sexual predators most often DO NOT change their ways. I wish that we had a legal solution.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
Perhaps not, and I can appreciate where you're coming from.  But the reality is that, like it or not, this guy does have Constitutional rights now that he's out of prison.  I'm not saying that it's right or wrong... but it's the law.  As much as he may deserve it, forming a lynch mob and chasing him out of town isn't the solution.

This is a particularly unfortunate scenario because, as you mentioned before, sexual predators most often DO NOT change their ways.  I wish that we had a legal solution.

Thanks for the reply..

Kid.. is that mofo registered...??

If he is.. I would suggest posting the website with maybe the phrase "Do you know all you need to about your neighbors...?"

That way you're not attacking him directly.. but you are getting the message out LOUD AND CLEAR that you know who he is and what he has done.

I gotta be honest.. I hope he is forced to move from your neighborhood. They should move all those jerkoffs to their own little island in the middle of the ocean. :angry:

I agree with what was said before.

Post the info, check to make sure he's registered, keep your eyes and ears open, but let him live his life as freely as possible ( while still keeping your eyes and ears open ).

Good luck, man, that's a difficult situation, to understate it immensely.