4/23 Games

BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(bulokis @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...biraax_monaax_1

Honel getting rocked big time 9 ER. Hope he can turn it around, still rooting for him dont know why.

Gio with another good start, 10 Ks, 3 BBs in 6 IP, 1 ER, they won in extra innings 3-1 on Hansen 2 run homer.

Collaro with 3 run homer, and Valido with another nice game to spark Haeger and W-S to win.

Montgomery 10 Barons 8

W-Seddon (2-1) L-Honel (1-2)

Seddon 5IP 5H 4R 2BB 6 K's

Honel 5IP 9H 9R 2BB 2K's 3 Home-Run Balls

Good-The Bats continue to produce 8 runs on 12 hits tonight everybody reached base tonight and need not to worry Josh Feilds had 2 extra base hits tonight and had his first 4 hit night in Double A he is now 7-10 in the series with 3 doubles. I liked the fact we didn't roll over and kept fighting hard and had the tying run at the plate in the 9th. Dwyane Pollok threw 3 innings of 1 run ball tonight and looks to have that confidence back which was the only thing missing to start the season. Chris Young is hitting the ball well now and I believe will be a special player down the road.

Bad- Kris Honel I said coming in this game that he couldn't pitch like he did last monday well he did. Kris fell in love with his curveball that was horrible and missing by a mile each time and the Montgomery hitters were feasting of his 81 MPH Fastball by Crushing 3 Home Runs.

Notes- I like that Pollok stood up for the team after Rogo was drilled in the head on a cheap shot by Montgomery Starter Chris Seddon he hit Delmon Young and after Delmon threw his bat Pollok; Dwayne didn't even flinch Normally I don't accept hitting other players on purpose but after the cheap shot to Rogo (which was the 6th time we had been hit by them this season) someone had to step for the team. Fernando Cortez of Montgomery is now hitting .522 this season and it is no fluke he is 28-51 on the season. Series Finale tomorrow and Bull takes the Mound with a fresh Bullpen behind him.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
It makes you wonder a little more with each outing if Honel really deserved that 40-man spot over guys like Bull.

Didn't the Sox have to protect Honel though? If they kept him off someone would have taken the risk in the Rule V. Or at least that might have been the case.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 05:26 AM)
Didn't the Sox have to protect Honel though? If they kept him off someone would have taken the risk in the Rule V. Or at least that might have been the case.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was the case.

QUOTE(hogsmom @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 07:43 AM)
How is Rogo?  Hope he's not hurt toobad.  He should be the one to put down Seddon.  I wouldn't like to see Casey coming at me!

Well he isn't 100% either but he is a warrior a lot of guys wouldn't have played yesterday but we have no one that normally is a first baseman so he is sticking it out for us even though a couple days off would be great for him

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Apr 25, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
Well he isn't 100% either but he is a warrior a lot of guys wouldn't have played yesterday but we have no one that normally is a first baseman so he is sticking it out for us even though a couple days off would be great for him

BTW, Rogo would probably be the last person I would ever want to see charge the mound if I was a pitcher. He would dominate someone