Sox vs. Tigers 4-29-05

Rowand44

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Same thing every f***ing year.  We lose to the A's then get shut down by pitchers like Robertson.

I thought a small ball team would be fine against these types of pitchers :banghead whyyyyy? :banghead

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 02:24 AM)
Its the same thing as last year.  Our goofy hitters fall in love with pulling the baseball and the entire offense looks terrible.  We made every crap soft tossing Plus 7 ERA pitcher look like Cy Young because we got pull happy.  Corpseball is back.

At least corpseball had power potential. We now have one homer in like 70 innings.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
I thought a small ball team would be fine against these types of pitchers  :banghead whyyyyy?    :banghead

A small ball team would, but I haven't seen any small ball tonight.

We know Willie can't steal but would it be so hard to put a hit and run on every once in a while?

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
I thought a small ball team would be fine against these types of pitchers  :banghead whyyyyy?    :banghead

Because we're not playing smallball right now. Look at our lineup? Does that look like a team that can consistently score runs? I hate to be so negative, but our stretch of good luck seems to have ended, and it's back to reality. Our offense isn't good.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)

We know Willie can't steal but would it be so hard to put a hit and run on every once in a while?

If Willie can't steal then send his ass back to the minors....if he cannot use his speed, why bother :chair

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)

Small ball teams get deep in counts against pitchers who struggle with control. They get the count in their favor so they can get a pitch in the zone to hit. Small ball teams move the runner over and hit to right to move the runner in.

Corpseball teams go up there swinging at everything that is tossed anywhere near the plate. Corpseball teams look to get on ESPN by trying to hit home runs everytime they get up. Corpseball teams are always 1-2 0-2 against pitchers who cant hit the barn with a baseball.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)

we seem to not be playing as a team, bunting, sac flies, sbs, hitting guys over (like we did before the KC series)

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)

Rowand has some speed too. We need to use the tools we have.