Sox vs. Tigers 4-29-05

Rowand44

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He wraps the bat around his head too high. And then drops his hands down into the hitting zone. This creates a hitch. He didnt wrap his bat around his head so high last year.

Greg when people throw 98-99 mph you need a short swing. Quick wrists and the pitcher supplies the power. Yet we all see everyon going up there hacking like its lumber. They take pitches down the cock, while they swing at crap out of the strikezone and try to pull it.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 02:40 AM)
And if he had hit that to someone, you would have complained he did not take the first pitch in a clutch situation ;)

Funny thing is that everyone got mad at me and some others when we said there were some serious problems with our team and our manager. However, everyone thought we were nuts because we were 16-4, how can this not be an incredible team? It's not even that we're not hitting homers, we're not getting any extra base hits. Our offense will suffer even more without Uribe, who's our most dangerous hitter against good pitching.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
before you know it this hitting will put our starting pitching in a funk!

That's what happened last year. When the pitching is good we can win 8 in a row. If the hitting stays like this we can easily lose 8 in a row.

Crede and Uribe were hitting before, but now we just suck top to bottom.

I need to go here. Keep the faith folks and bring home a rally win

I have a feeling in my gut that we will still win this game.... good luck to the Sox

:gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosoxretro:

PS: And if they do win, I promise to leave every game they are losing in the 7th or 8th inning :P