Zellweger/Chesny marry?

Soxy

I just don't get it....

Renee Zellweger, Kenny Chesney tie knot

By Mat Probasco

Associated Press Writer

Published May 10, 2005

CRUZ BAY, U.S. Virgin Islands -- Actress Renee Zellweger, who played the lovelorn title character in "Bridget Jones's Diary," was married Monday to country music star Kenny Chesney in a small ceremony on the Caribbean island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The ceremony took place in front of close friends and family, Los Angeles-based publicist Nanci Ryder said in a statement. It is the first marriage for both.

The bride wore a dress designed by Carolina Herrera, she added.

Chesney, 37, grew up in east Tennessee and now lives on the island of St. John, while Zellweger, who turned 36 two weeks ago, is from Katy, Texas.

The couple met at the Concert of Hope tsunami relief benefit Jan. 15, where Chesney was singing and Zellweger was answering telephones, the syndicated television news magazine "The Insider" reported.

The tiny island of St. John, population 5,000, is more than two-thirds national park and is known for its hiking, pristine beaches and tranquility. It also has an underwater snorkeling trail.

The wedding reception was held Monday night at Chesney's house in the gated community of Peter Bay, on the north side of the island. Guests could be seen milling around a garden where there was an outdoor buffet and light music playing.

The couple and about 45 guests gathered Sunday night at Rhumb Lines restaurant in downtown Cruz Bay, the main town on the island, according to restaurant employees.

Zellweger won a best supporting actress Oscar for "Cold Mountain." She was nominated for Oscars for her work in "Chicago" and "Bridget Jones's Diary."

Chesney currently has two albums on Billboard's top 10 country albums chart, and his single "Anything But Mine" is No. 6 on the magazine's hot country songs list.

Chesney was named Country Music Association entertainer of the year in November, while his "When The Sun Goes Down" was named album of the year. Other of his hits include "Me and You" and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy."

According to Country Weekly magazine, Chesney long ago named Zellweger as his favorite actress and was inspired to write his 1999 hit "You Had Me From Hello" after seeing her in "Jerry Maguire."

Zellweger appeared at a recent Chesney concert in Jacksonsville, Fla., presenting him with a margarita and a kiss on stage, Country Weekly magazine reported.

Zellweger has dated White Stripes singer Jack White and "Me, Myself & Irene" co-star Jim Carrey.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
Yeah heard this on the radio this morning...

Zellweger went to my HS, actually went to prom with one of my football coaches, he was always telling us about it

I wonder if she was annoying back then too.

And, Eye, you want to start a divorce pool with me on this one? :D

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
Hm, I'll be slighltly more generous and go for October 17th.

When's her next movie? She'll fall in love with whomever is the lead in that.

QUOTE(mreye @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
Or J Lo.  :lol:

The sad thing is, I'm serious. Renee is going to play Janis.

It's going to be awful.... Although she might tie JLo for shortest marriage with this one...

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
The sad thing is, I'm serious. Renee is going to play Janis.

It's going to be awful.... Although she might tie JLo for shortest marriage with this one...

Oh. Oops. :D

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 10, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
Hm, I think it's the Janis Joplin biopic....

believe she's next in cinderella man...

and in the trailer for it she has an annoying voice moment... :bang

Edited by Goldmember

Yea, how about Bennifer, the revenge?

I just figured out that I'm sort of related to Jennifer Gardner... thanks to my wife's family.

Now follow this - my in-laws - in law is her cousin. Got that?

And we're going to my in-law's daughter's (that would be my wife's cousin) wedding. Maybe they'll be there. :rolly

LMAO...