April in Review

danman31

April in Review

A look at the first month of minor league play

The first month of the minor league season has come to an end and May is underway. With many players adjusting to new levels, the first month of the minor league season is always interesting. Certain players thrive when promoted while others fail to bring up their game a level. It’s also intriguing to watch guys that were forced to repeat a level to see how they respond. Some guys flourish with the extra experience at the level while others fall off the prospect radar for struggling two consecutive seasons. You also have prospects that jump levels or get promoted too early. In the first monthly review FutureSox takes a look at how the top prospects are doing, who’s hot, and who’s not. more...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
Great read, I love these W-S guys, its great hearing about them.  I was surprised there was no mentioned of Jenks though.

Yeah I know, but I did right about 27 other guys. It gets a little tiring lol. Jenks did have a rocky start so it was hard to put him in the hot category, but I should have at least mentioned him. I figure next month I'll be able to write about more unique cases like Jenks because I won't cover the top 10 necessarily. There is a lot to write about having most of the players were at new levels. Thanks for all the compliments, I really do appreciate it. It makes it seem worthwhile. :)