Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
AJ goes down on a pitch that bounced in the RH batters box.

Ok next time someone swings at a pitch that bad, since most of us cant actually watch the game, lie to me!!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
No doubt, the lynch mob has made an early appearence.  :stick

I should go back and count the optimistic posts since the first pitch.

QUOTE(mreye @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
I should go back and count the optimistic posts since the first pitch.

As someone said earlier, the optimism was thrown out the window when we saw what our lineup was today.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
Thats a classic corpseball moment. 

Warning track shots, striking out on pitches in the dirt, GIDP, weak pop outs

What happened to manufacturing runs, grinding it out, hitting behind runners, taking advantage of speed? You are correct, those are the kinds of outs that frustrate the hell out me. First pitch swinging pop outs, GIDP, etc...

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Every single player seems to be swinging out of their ass.  Greg Walker has to be held responsible for the s*** that's happening with a lot of our hitters.  Simply a terrible approach by way too many players.

Should Walker even be coaching this kind of team? Can he? I think that guy only knows how to teach someone to swing for the fences.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 11, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
What happened to manufacturing runs, grinding it out, hitting behind runners, taking advantage of speed? You are correct, those are the kinds of outs that frustrate the hell out me. First pitch swinging pop outs, GIDP, etc...

You mean like getting walks and stealing bases? :bang

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
As someone said earlier, the optimism was thrown out the window when we saw what our lineup was today.

Why? This lineup can't win? Why watch? Why are you reading the play by play here if you already know the outcome?

The question I have is that Dye was a late replacement for Everett in the DH spot. Why not let Widger DH today? He's been one of our best hitters lately. I know Ozzie has gone with some stupid lineups in the 3rd game of the series this year, but that was when we had won the first two games of the series. Getting swept by Tampa wouldn't exactly be good for this team's psyche.

QUOTE(mreye @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
Why? This lineup can't win? Why watch? Why are you reading the play by play here if you already know the outcome?

It's like a terrible train wreck mreye. You know this is a disaster that needs a miracle but you still watch & :pray

QUOTE(mreye @ May 11, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)

Of course this lineup can win....but it's a case of a manager having absolutely no clue how to adjust a lineup when he doesn't have regulars in the game. Under no circumstance should Timo Perez ever be leading off or batting 5th. I don't care if he hits 4 homers today, that's not a good managerial decision.