Directions to Wrigley

SnB

Hey guys, my mom got tickets to the friday sox-cubs game next week, but we have a problem. Neither of us have ever been to wrigley. I'm no good with the whole red line blue line whatever color line stuff, so i need your help.

I heard if we go to midway, we can take something to the red line........

Thanks guys.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
Hey guys, my mom got tickets to the friday sox-cubs game next week, but we have a problem.  Neither of us have ever been to wrigley.  I'm no good with the whole red line blue line whatever color line stuff, so i need your help.

I heard if we go to midway, we can take something to the red line........

Thanks guys.

Where are you comign from? If it's Midway, then yes, catch the orange line downtown and swith to the red line that lets you off at the Addison stop.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 11, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
Where are you comign from? If it's Midway, then yes, catch the orange line downtown and swith to the red line that lets you off at the Addison stop.

south suburbs

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
south suburbs

well, if Midway is closest, then do what I said.

However, you can catch the red line all along the Dan Ryan on the southside and it will take to you the Addison stop and you won't need to transfer.

If there is a Metra train near you that gets you downtown, do that and then catch the red line from downtown to Addison.

I know the trains like my hand, need more detailed help? let me know.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 11, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
well, if Midway is closest, then do what I said.

However, you can catch the red line all along the Dan Ryan on the southside and it will take to you the Addison stop and you won't need to transfer.

If there is a Metra train near you that gets you downtown, do that and then catch the red line from downtown to Addison.

I know the trains like my hand, need more detailed help? let me know.

01.. take the Metra from Oak Forrest.. that one is a breeze. Then do what LMB is telling you.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
01.. take the Metra from Oak Forrest.. that one is a breeze. Then do what LMB is telling you.

so take the metra to the LaSalle St. Station and then we can transfer to the red line from there?

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 11, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
so take the metra to the LaSalle St. Station and then we can transfer to the red line from there?

metra from oak forest to lasalle st walk a little north to van buren than walk east to state red line is in the subway red line north to addison....

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 11, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)

Yes, remember the red line has subway stations once you get downtown. You might have to walk a few blocks to get to it. Where exactly is that Metra LaSalle station?

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)

IIRC it's a 2 or 3 block walk to the red line. I've never done it.. just seen it.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
metra from oak forest to lasalle st walk a little north to van buren than walk east to state red line is in the subway red line north to addison....

There ya go..

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ May 11, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
on the back of your hand :D

LaSalle is not just one block. I meant LaSalle and what cross street? Geez. :finger

It must be the LaSalle and Van Buren station. So walk 3 blocks East to State street, then 1 block North to Jackson, go down into the subway and catch the NORTH bound red line to Addison.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 11, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)

you're in alsip, right ????

you don't really need to catch the rock island in oak forest... you could board in midlothian ( 147th east of pulaski) midlo is one less zone and a little cheaper.. you can also board the rock at 103rd and vincennes and that is another zone cheaper than midlo...

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)

you don't really need to catch the rock island in oak forest... you could board in midlothian ( 147th east of pulaski) midlo is one less zone and a little cheaper.. you can also board the rock at 103rd and vincennes and that is another zone cheaper than midlo...

Midlo is packed with permit parkers is it not...? I always used OF because there was more room. At the time they would be leaving the lot would be full at Midlo with workers is what I was thinking.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ May 11, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)

i've always taken the oak forest one, not a big deal.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 11, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
Midlo is packed with permit parkers is it not...? I always used OF because there was more room. At the time they would be leaving the lot would be full at Midlo with workers is what I was thinking.

midlo put in some new lots.. their smallest lot is monthly/permit parkers.. I'm on the first train out of midlo in the morning , 5:39 am, and there is plenty of parking then :D

I don't know about parking at oak forest or 103 & vincennes.. the lot at 103 was upgraded last summer...

Once you are there, where a Cubs cap and complain how Dusty Sucks, The Cubs suck, it's going to be a Sox town, when are they going to put in decent bathrooms for humans and not cattle, why couldn't Sosa be more like Thomas, stuff like that.